Sasha - Involver

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jess C, Jun 28, 2004.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Adam

Adam

He was class when him and zabeila were on the terrace but when he was on inside, I couldn't get into it at all, he was amazing at pacha a few days before but everyone seems to play pretty minimal inside space
  2. Jon Mack

Jon Mack Registered User

worlds greatest club :love:
  3. David Lee

David Lee Dexter's Apprentice

Too right man .. how nasty and dirty is that track .. got to be up there with some of my best tracks .. i sometimes still play it .. but its got to be loud!! :D ;) :love:
  4. Jon Mack

Jon Mack Registered User

all the Breeder stuff rocks, the production is :love: some of the noises :love: so much time must have been taken. No wonder all teh A list prog jocks loved Rowan Blades :king:
  5. Dez

Dez Registered User

I was at that, he was dull as fuck inside. Terrace set with Zabiela started well then went a bit flat but ended superbly. Dropped Mylo - In My Arms as last tune - proper terrace moment
  6. Jon Mack

Jon Mack Registered User

involver is a nice change but not really the Sasha I know and love, I gave my copy to the g/f and kept the Vinyl copy.
  7. Dez

Dez Registered User

I think Sasha is on top form at the moment. He's totally changed his style from a few years ago. Starts off housey then drifts off to proggy trance then finishes on electoy / catchy tunes. His set at Renaissance a few weeks ago was superb
  8. Jon Mack

Jon Mack Registered User

I aint really seen him myself to say, the Involver album is ok. I think Involver served two purposes.

1. Saved GU as they had gone bust and needed to raise their profile and get rid of the red in their bank balance.

2. Provided Sasha with the platform to announce his change in direction on an international scale.

I'm told it done all of the above.

At the end of the day you could sell paper bags full of dog shit as long as it had Sasha's name on it. With his good relationship with GU and their reputation for putting out 1st class albums it was the right thing to do.
  9. Dez

Dez Registered User

I love Involver, its a brilliant compilation for home listening, probs wouldn't work in a club though. It was funny watching him go b2b with his protege Zabiela who undoubtedly has far more tricks than him. Sasha still pulls it off though, he's a proper cool customer behind the decks. Zabiela just looked like an excited kid, constantly fiddling with bits of technology. Its what he does best though
  10. Jon Mack

Jon Mack Registered User

Yeah he can still pull clubs apart when he needs to, Involver is different, shows a more creative side to Sasha. As for he apprentice :eek: now that's talent. You heard his mix ablum ?
  11. Dez

Dez Registered User

I've just got it but not listened to it yet. Some of the stuff Zabiela does is jaw-dropping. If he can learn to build a set as well as Sasha, he'll be the best DJ in the world.
    Wonder whether Diggers is pissed off with being shoved aside?!
  12. Jon Mack

Jon Mack Registered User

Jess got it not long back, it's amazing :eek: seen him play the main room @ Space and he made Deep Dish look shite :lol:

As for Diggers he's doing the USA thing again, Zabiela is class but the Sasha/Digweed partnership will always remain one of the greatest things in dance music. They ripped the US apart with the Delta Heavy tour :eek: Their Twilo days :love: they are a legend.
  13. Dez

Dez Registered User

The words Deep Dish and shite should not be used in the same sentence!
    Sasha & Digweed are still important but I think even they realise that Zabiela has far more natrual talent. His sets can become a bit boring at times though
  14. Jon Mack

Jon Mack Registered User

I'm still a DD fan, needs to be a long set for full effect :love:
  15. Dez

Dez Registered User

Deep Dish are my favourite DJs - they lay down some proper intense drums but know exactly when to drop in something uplifting. Hopefully making a Dig reappearence sometime soon
  16. Jon Mack

Jon Mack Registered User

aye I would be there for that, they are masters at building sets :king:
  17. Dez

Dez Registered User

They are the daddys like. Cross over between house and prog effortlessly. Their essential mix at Creamfields was brilliant
  18. mutematt

mutematt Ha-do-ken

Involver is quality :)
    Airdrawndagger is very good as well.
  19. David Lee

David Lee Dexter's Apprentice

They are no doubt Masters and id say that they will probably almost definately be back @ The Dig before the end of the year ;)