<<<PROMISE_presents_TOGETHER with RILEY AND DURRANT>>>

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by promise_presents, Jul 10, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

never drink in rounds with this man.
  2. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

:lol:

(im terrible on the drink full stop).
  3. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

i've been well blown away on many night's in newcastle - i'm sure its a case of what you make of it (or what your on for that matter)

i was blown away at Rank 1 at evolve, only because of the actual night itself rather than the acts that were on (e.g the crack on and adam sobbing on the dancefloor overcome, going 'this is fucking mint' hahaha)

and MANY other nights - alot of them at Jnr and Promise, but i've never really walked away from any night and thought 'what a waste of money'

***edit***

Promise @ Sea NYD - FUCKING SHIT :mad:
  4. Gary Proud

Like I say it is a personal opinion, I tend to go clubbing to see an Act or DJ, when the clubs dead (for me) it kills the night & the atmosphere, I manage to have amazing crack every time I go out with my friends this could be sat in a living room or in a bar, my main point was that there doesn't seem to be that much interest up here these days in underground clubbing, empty clubs with stonking line-ups on... ?
  5. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

newcastle only has a limited number of 'proper ' clubbers - always has, it was bolstered in the late 90's/early 00's by the mainstream popularity of the big room clubbing sound. this has now wained and there's no 'new blood' replacing those people - the ones that did go clubbing now seem to be setting up their own nights and doing their own thing - too many nights to choose from now maybe

up here, clubbing isn't as popular as it once was, there is a hard core few but thins seemed to have changed - who now goes out EVERY weekend? who travels the country - i bet a very small number of this board. ask the same question 7 8 years ago and i bet it was MUCH higher
  6. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

There are some great posts in here but as much as some of you will disagree the Bigg Market having 3 clubs in it has killed places. Blu Bambu not only saved the Biggie it fooking killed off The Boat, Legends & now Baja as people think why walk somewhere when I can go just there.

Now Affinity & Stealth are open & they are banging it out the average bod from the East/West end of Newcastle is quite happy necking a few cowies & diving in there to dance the night away as to them a DJ playing Flip & Fill is as good as seeing Riley & Durrant. The prices to get Affinity & Stealth are higher than the Promise nights at Attic which is only around the corner but alas the Attic psychologically (TOO MUCH FRAISER) is classed as to far away.

***UPDATE***
    It also doesn't help that clubs tend employ people who couldn't get a job in McDonalds to work behind a bar.

Some rules of Clubbing/Pubbing Around Newcastle

1st rule, if the bar staff are dressed all in black your nailed on to get shit service. It is the industry indicator for shit service.

2nd rule if the bar/club has a plaque from "Best Bar None" it is also a shit place to go & you should STAY CLEAR!!!!

3rd rule if the bar/club employs glass collectors & calls them "Bar Support" you are in place so far up its own arse you need to leave.

Bit of advice to bar/club/pub employers: You need to start employing adults instead wanky fookinig students or people who may have communication issues due to the fact they don't understand pissed geordie.
  7. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

who the fuck does?
  8. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

problems spence?
  9. TheSpence

Local people mainly your average Lithuanian/Pole/Asian finds it hard with booming sounds also playing.

The Poles are very good shop workers, as they are very polite & will go fetch you stuff if you ask where something is rather than point like slack arsed brain dead west end mongs. Clubs & pubs are not there gig.
  10. TheSpence

Just life experience MOS. People who own or run gaffs never encounter these problems as they either pour/get there own drinks or they get served straight away. They don't know the suffering on the other side of the bar because of there poor staff selection.
  11. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

some places there just aren't enough
  12. MELT

MELT Registered User

whereas once the whole world wanted to be a dj as it was the cool thing to drop into conversation ~ 1996 -1999 now everyman and his dog wants to be a "promoter" / "label" manager - fast forward to the mid nouties

also there is a plethora of individuals in the north east who take themselves far too seriously before they've really achieved anything

at the end of the day this clubbing lark is supposed to be about having a laugh and a good dance

all you need to know is "does the music make you want to dance"

if it does and you can afford the entry and you think you'll have a good time - go

if it doesnt float your boat dont go

when the laughs dry up, it is time to get out

:wink: :angel2: :eek:
  13. New Promise

New Promise

Good Post
  14. MELT

MELT Registered User

thats why five quid entry and proven djs at together are a good idea in these times of crdit crunch

but as a long term sustainable plan the message board mafia will get their knives out if they see jules, hardwick lashes etc on rotation

but what do you do: new interesting artsits dont fill / ram venues up here much as THIS message board goes on about them

big names do - eg coxy, van dyk, armin etc

and those fledgling nighst that start off well, wait until the honeymoon period is over and people tire of the venue you are holding your event in -eg after the first 6months - believe me this will happen

anyway I am off to look for another stately home

:wink:
  15. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

Gary you sound like you might just be getting sick of clubbing, just do what i do and talk a good night out.

Now that it appears the R word is taking a grip of the country, people will need to find a few different ways of having parties...if what happened during the recession of the early 90s is anything to go buy then there could be some good stuff on the horizon.

2 of the most bummed recent parties (tyneouth beach party and the tyne gig a couple of weeks ago) have both been free....
  16. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

:D
  17. MELT

MELT Registered User

shortee dont be defecting to see the maths graduate on the 5th

I wont be happy

:lol: :lol: :evil: :evil: :wink: :wink:
  18. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

:lol:

Sorry but I NEED to see Holden! I am given 3 Friday night passes a year off my Mam and Holden is one of them

If there is owt you need though giz a shout, aslong as it is nothing to do with sheparding a load of people onto a bus :lol:
  19. MELT

MELT Registered User

shortee,

we open at 8, we finish at 4,

therefore, altho not wanting to suggest what you do, why not come and see captain stage diver early doors, as for sure holden is bound to be on for 2-3 hours from 11/12ish at habit til end (3am) i am guessing, then come and zip over for the final hour, as once everyone tips out of cosmic at between 245 and 315, you will still have an hour back with us

:chill: :cool:
  20. Gary Proud

definitely not man, it's what I work all week for, I still travel a fair bit & get my fix in different Cities... round Newcastle maybe yes, for me it just doesn't compare lately, few good nights out here & there but nothing to write home about.

It's just dissapointing when DJ's like: Villlllllaooobos, Clarke, Radio Slave, Ghenacia, Shonky are put on & the clubs are dead round here it makes you wonder what on earths going on as theres certainly not a lack of effort with certain nights, far from it!

In regards to the beach party your dead on, I went down sunday night & couldnt believe how busy it was!!... it was just 1 kids Birthday party!! I was half expecting a supprise guest like Hawtin, full beach was PACKED! :lol: