<<<PROMISE_presents_TOGETHER with RILEY AND DURRANT>>>

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by promise_presents, Jul 10, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. MELT

MELT Registered User

I fairly disagree with most of that statement

I think its much quieter now than in 2000 / 2001

theres more nights but less punters in my opinion
  2. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

more late bars = less clubbers
  3. MELT

MELT Registered User

that is very true mr quick

since the council in town are so draconian they wont allow round the clock drinking / event organising so basically you have clubs which could open til 6 only opening til 3/4 and the bars stay open til 1amish so people dont go into the clubs til later as the drinks prices are well expensive , the only thing that gets people into clubs earlier are stellar / interesting / rammed lineups for that read - carl cox, van dyk etc etc etc
  4. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

paying £10 > £15 to get in a club just for a 'better' environment seems to be dying away... the border between 'late night bars' and 'clubs' is becoming more and more vague... it can only get worse tradional clubs and their inflated entry and drinks prices
  5. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

Great for us oldies who want to stay out a bit later, but don't want to pay a fortune to be wedged in a club with a load of sweaty teenagers where the music is too loud to have a conversation and there's nowhere to sit.

I'm turning into my parents.

I don't enjoy clubbing half as much now you have to go outside to smoke. I just end up paying a fortune to stand in a horrible little cordoned off area in the cold and wet.
  6. MELT

MELT Registered User

I didnt realise you had been in the attic recently

:wink: :wink: :wink:
  7. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

totally agree. it's killed the atmosphere for me - there's too many people outside and not enough inside. standing around chatting whikle having a cig was always good banter.

myabe in 20 years when all the smokers are dead/totally ostracised (sp?!?) then we won't need smoking areas.
  8. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

even YOU admit it's cheap into the attic!!
  9. MELT

MELT Registered User

stop spoiling my fishing

I am going angling for a live one

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  10. Simon Garrington

Simon Garrington All Things Dance

Numbers on the door we're around the 200 mark at the previous event, although not the best since the night started we have a strong lineups coming up for the end of the year so this should sway those not sure!
  11. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

For me folk can say what they want: Late License bars, musical tastes, credit crunch, more smaller nights popping up but Newcaste has been shite for clubbing for a long time now regardless of how much money has been ploughed into them for promo or decent DJ's. Dont get me wrong there are some amazing nights out there that have had some quality DJ's on and do have all the right ideas, but for me none seem to be doing particularly well consistently?

It seems the only nights Iv'e seen a club rammed to the rafters have been those that have hosted a rediculous big hitter on E.g. Cox, Van Dyk etc.... but you cant book thos types of DJ's month in month out.

Not sure if it's the City itself has lost it's underground clubbing appeal these days & has more of a market for the 'beer boy generation' or if nights simply cant live without the students? but the events I have been to lately most have been on their arse.
  12. Gary Proud

Quite a step down from the 500 previously stated?
  13. Simon Garrington

Simon Garrington All Things Dance

Who stated 500?
  14. Gary Proud

The legend himself.
  15. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

16. Phil Mitchell

ive had some cracking nights out in the last few years, probably better than times Ive been to the supposed best clubs in the world like Fabric or MOS.

When i moved here 8 years ago the lineups werent anything like they are now. You had Shindig and Promise booking mint people but that was pretty much it.

Ive had loads of mates visit from all over the country and theyve all raved about their club vists in newcastle.

All it needs are people who arent ready to go home at 3am and it would match most UK cities.
  17. graham

graham Registered User

And a council who give people the chance to stay out later than 3am.
  18. forks

forks still not dead

and the removal of coke ket and alcohol
  19. Phil Mitchell

¬
  20. Gary Proud

Dont get me wrong I've had the odd good night out here & there, but I've never left a club recently having felt like I've been 'clubbing' or been totally blown away, which is a shame as the nights are all there for us?

This is by no means a dig at any line-ups as I take my hat off to certain folk, they've really dug there feet in & set there stalls out with all the right intentions but there just doesn't seem to be any interest up here for underground clubbing? Like I said im not sure if the City is plagued by a more commercial clubbing scene these days or if we just do simply miss the students to fill nights?
    I also dont think it's a case of getting clubbers to stay until 3am, the nights I've been to of late it's more a case of getting them to turn up!

I can go to any Bar in town at the weekend & cant get served for at least 20-30 minutes, I can go & see DJ's like: Dave Clarke, Ricardo Villaobos, Dan Ghenacia & the Club is like a grave yard, it's madness up here.