Minimal Techno

Discussion in 'Music' started by dale_fromage, Oct 14, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

Id much rather pay £6 for a record than £6 for 2 computer files

Went down Beatdown Records today and got 7 records for £10...their bargain bin has got some beauties...got a few screamers a couple of weeks ago aswell. Took me 2 hours to look through all the records though :lol:

saw a track by Amnesia in there aswell.

Plus if people solely use Beatport as their music shop then the other sites will soon go out of business and the prices will shoot up.
  2. Dan

Dan Registered User

I used to use a lot of dutch and german websites for vinyl and it would cost me a fortune so im just happy im saving loads of £ tbh.

Beatport are expensive compared to other sites. But its well designed, gets all the best and more exclusive tracks and is probably the best laid and thought out download site out there. When your used to all the features on it you can find tunes, artists and remixers that suit your needs easily.

For me its important that i get wavs as mp3' at 320 definately lack in quality compared to wavs when im playing them through Ableton.

Like any company they charge these prices because they know they have the upper hand on other sites.

I use other sites as well but if Beatport has it in stock first and i can get it on wav thats where im going (which is most of the time). They cater for my needs as well as loads of other peoples i know - so other sites need to catch up imo.
  3. scoobzshindig

scoobzshindig Registered User

its some mad accounting process they have to keep it easy across all territories..

its $2.49 a download in US.. but £1.99 in UK.. unfair really as it works out as £1.20 if you are a yank..

If you buy a lot maybe worth masking your PC's IP with a US proxy and getting an account in dollars... .. I've done that here and heres a screen shot of beatport US.. I've never tried opening an account though lol... :lol:

[​IMG]
  4. Play

Play Registered User

yea i remember when they changed it, on the forums there were ppl having a go saying it was unfair. we are getting charged more for the same traxx. :down:
  5. Chewy

Chewy I'd fist it

exactly
    with a vinyl it feels like you've bought something, with downloads it feels like you've been raped
  6. scoobzshindig

yup I agree.. but theres the pros too..

easier to store/carry in bulk
    can't scratch them
    CDJs have more "features" than standard decks
    You wont be buying something for 8.99 import which is worth approx a quid once youve played it and its out of fashion (can get those type of tracks on most sites for £2 or less)

must say though, one of my major gripes about buying downloads rather than vinyl is I always forget about new stuff in my wallet.. or flick past it loads of times.. with vinyl I used to recoginse the cover when flicking through my box and remind me of what I could play
  7. Phil Mitchell

Ive been playing cds for over 4 years now and I still cant get to grips with a filing system that actually works for me.

Ended up taking a laptop with a spreadsheet id made with fields 'Artist, Track, Key, Tempo, Description' to one Habit :lol:
  8. Phil Mitchell

on a similair note i just found a fuckin beauty that is just subbass and a voice going 'ooo' in a jungle :cool:
  9. Phil Mitchell

:lol:

quite a few of them were 'DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT PLAYING THIS BEFORE 1AM' incase I'd had a few pints and felt the urge to start boshing it out :lol:
  10. scoobzshindig

sounds great, just the sort of thing to get me booed off the decks with! :king:
  11. jamesclimax

jamesclimax Registered User

I do that as well - fill me cd wallet up with loads of new stuff from say, March, completely by-passing all the new stuff from Ferbruary, etc!