Lost Series 5

Discussion in 'Films & TV' started by Shortee, Jan 12, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

I WAS GUTTED WHEN I FOUND OUT THERE WAS NO EPISODE TO DOWNLOAD THIS WEEK.

:(
  2. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

+1
  3. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i'm getting proper confused now like

*********** EPISODE 14 SPOILER **************
    why did faradays mum send him to the island knowing he'd get killed? just because it'd already happened in the past and she didn't want to mess with it?

that bomb gave me an idea how it would finish. Maybe this is jack's purpose, maybe this is how it's going to end - some how they manage to detonate the bomb, thus erasing that time line and it finishing with them all back o n the plane, not knowing each other and landing safely at LAX - what do people reckon?
  4. adam.

adam. kthxbi

christ ive got 3 eps to watch ive been lax as fuck the past month
  5. adam.

adam. kthxbi

chris - try cucirca.com for past eps
  6. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

forgot about 14 :D

downloading immediately!
  7. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

Thats what i think is going to happen, think it will be deja vu if they do meet at some point.

Just hope it isnt going to be dragged over a full series of them detonating the bomb and landing at LAX, possibly show you how the passengers lives after they land but think that could be a bit shit.

Where is rose and bernard and the dog???
  8. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

*******GEET SPOILERS AND THAT******

trust faraday to turn up and complicate the whole thing even further. :lol:

i can't believe he gets killed by his mother before he was even concieved - or for that matter.... thought of?? and even FOR that matter - if elloise in the past hears this would she hook up with widmore on purpose to give birth to faraday only to keep the loop going?!

ARGH.

it makes you wonder what on earth jack and kate are going to do now! however with the island being magical bringing people back to life, and richard being somekind of mad egyptian god (apparently?) faraday might actually be brought back to life, because surely widmore and elloise musnt have toiled to bring up daniel to be a scientist to simply get shot by the former version of elloise herself. however if he didnt become a scientist would that mean he wouldent have set off the whole timeskipping thing? fucking hell i'm getting more confused the more i try and think about it.

bastard lost!
  9. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

exactly. cnuts.
  10. Dan

Dan Registered User

Not sure if its going to end like that, it seems a bit obvious for Lost and if you think that if the past is something that cant be changed how will that affect the plane survivors that died on the island (Charlie, Mr Eko etc.) Will they be resurected like Locke or will they just die further down the line with the universe finding ways to course correct itself? I really dont know but im pretty sure things wont be all happy endings and if it does the program wont do itself any justice because its never been about that.
  11. adam.

adam. kthxbi

i think the bomb thing would be the most obvious option, if they were to detonate it and erase that timeline..but that still wouldnt explain the richard/egyptian/heiroglyph/smoke side of things

the reason elouise shot daniel was to stop him doing what he said he was going to, which was to detonate the bomb and therefore stoppin the crash (cant change the past can you ?)

is there a break now ?
  12. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

no, its on this sun then i think a double ep next sunday, could be wrong like hew
  13. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

Nah that's right, penultimate episode this Sunday then a double header on the 17th.

Few sneak peaks at this week's episode:

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2009/05/episode-5x15-follow-leader-five-sneak.html

I think 1977 Daniel's mum genuinely didn't know who he was so therefore she wouldn't know what he was planning to do. She did however know that by sending him to the island he would be killed...by her.

Can't say I was happy about the ending to be honest. Completely out of character for Daniel. Going in all guns blazing etc. Just not like him at all, undoubtedly he would have tried to explain who he was and what was happening much more calmly.
  14. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

Episode 15 :eek: !

**************************SPOILERS!*******************

************************EPISODE 15 HEW**********************

Wheyaye! i didnt really expect them to get to the bomb before the last episode - which leads me to think that they arent going to detonate the bomb...? tbf i think that would be a canny weak ending to a lost series since they've basically blew everyone away with the endings. it's nice to see richard's involvement within this as well.... although he still is a mystery. as ben put it "a kind of advisor, and he's been doing it a VERY long time".

those tunnels? ancient symbology underground again like the temple...

Locke going off to kill 'jacob' and the fact that everyone is utterly confused.

AND - Sawyer, Juilliet and Kate on the sub?! thats a journey summed up nicely by an awkward silence :lol:

Edit/

Just thought - with Sawyer etc on the sub, and not wiped out by looming nuclear threat mean that if they do actually blow the nuke up does this mean the past can't actually reset it'self? presuming that if everyone doesent die within the vacinity of the island they can't be put back on the plane?? i'm confusing myself again.

and - the crack with the compass! correct me if i'm wrong but does it actually exist? if john gave it to richard to give to john, only for him to give it back to richard to give to john (and so on) that infact means that it has not been made...? thats confusing me the most i think.

and no one's clicked on that john is technically walking dead because he's embalmed. creepy...

And - just thinking there, since john is embalmed and technically dead he will not age any further now. is this why richard is not ageing..? is richard also being kept alive on the island? rather than the egyptian bollocks which hasnt even been mentioned properly.

I'll give good odd's on jacob not existing or it being either jack or claire.
  15. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

I just cant get my head around it all all. why isnt richard aging?

If farradays ma knew she would kill him before he was even born why did she let him go back? ARRRRRGH!

i thought it was the temple that the bomb was in?
  16. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

I don't think it's Locke. I think it's smokey. Demanding Richard takes him to Jacob when I'm sure he's found him himself before. And then declaring to Ben he plans on killing Jacob. And the real Locke would want to be reunited with his friends. Definitely smokey.....
  17. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

like christian was smokey?
  18. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

Possibly but Jacob has also taken Christian's guise. Probably in the same way it took over dead Yemi's body when Eko was alive.
  19. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Because he went back in time, it's the rules of time travel in lost.
  20. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

yup - the time travel theory is that if u go back in time, you don't age in that time line untill you catch up with where u left from. which would suggest at some point in the future (even in a future to wait episode) we may see richard go back in time. not sure why the non-aging richard doesn't remember meeting them all before - like ben didn't recognise sayid.

but don't forget - when you're dead - you're dead, there's no coming back. still, only 84 mins left till we have wait till 2010

post before but recently updated. some of it is interesting, some fits nicely, some dont http://www.timelooptheory.com/the_timeline.html