JNR:G September

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by Carson, Aug 1, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

nah no way, Xone over DJM everytime....its like comparing Ferrari 355 to a Fisher Price My First Tricycle
  2. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

The DJM 800 pisses all over the Allen & heath.
  3. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

allan and heath mixers are terrible! well compared to a 800 anyway.

i've never known the need for 2 mid freq's....?
  4. Phil Mitchell

you're off your head mate.

Not had the pleasure of using an 800 but i cant stand DJM500/600...so plasticy, the eq's dont do anything and the faders are so unresponsive.
  5. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

the 500 is wank like. really.

600 up and your laughing, the new 800 is superb... although slighlty gimiky.
  6. Andy M

Andy M God is Ginger!

Thought a was gonna be in Kidderminster for this and now am not. What a fuckin result!:D :D :D
  7. Gary Proud

8. Phil Mitchell

if you need flashy bits of a mixer to make your tunes sound better then you need to be buying better tunes ;)
  9. Gary Proud

In which way? Genre or Sound quality? if your not being your sarcastic self & mean the latter, is it even possible?
    If you mean the 1st, then I suggest you start shopping round :wink:
  10. chris l

chris l Jack!

For me, it's:

Xone 92 > DJM800>Xone 62>DJM600

The basic fact is the Allen & heath's sound and build quality pisses over the pioneers. The 800 is better than the 600, and I like the addition of filters on each channel, which are great to use, but the fact that you have a pretty advanced effects section on the 800, means that a lot of the money spent on the whole mixer goes towards that, which is to the detriment of the mixer as a whole, coz it obviously means other as I see it more important things are neglected, whereas this isn't the case with the allen & heath they just have a versatile filter section and send/return if you need effects.

The allen & heath's are just workhorse mixers. The pedigree of allen & heath is in professional audio, installations, touring desks etc, and as such their components are top quality and their engineers have years of pro audio music experience. Pioneer's pedigree is in hi-fi audio, and so they have far less experience of what is required in professional audio situations, which is why their mixers have got exponentially better over the years, but they still look a bit plasticy for professional bits of kit that cost as much as they do......

If they built the 800 without the effects, kept the individual channel filters, and spent the coin from the effects section on the components inside, then I reckon they'd have possibly the best mixer on the market, of that style......I do think the 800 is fun to use, but I just prefer the xone 9:2 for it's feel, and the way it sounds....plus you can take the eq off the cue, which is really handy when your monitors are shit, well it is for me anyway :)
  11. Gary Proud

sort of the Original point i was trying to get across without the Canterbury Tales as I knew Mr Quicks post was an intended wind up. Your totally right, for sound quality & outputs on a large club systems the Allen & Heath would win hands down, but like I origionally said, it depends what you use a mixer for? I personally use alot of EFX when playing, manipulating tracks etc... I also find the DJM series to be very user freindly, the EQ's are spaced conveniently for me & channells are the perfect shape (on 600 & 800) to cut & chop. If your not intending on using a mixer for anything other than basic mixing then I fully agree with all of the above. Again, personal preference though.
  12. chris l

chris l Jack!

Depends what you class as "basic mixing"

I wouldn't say just coz you don't use effects it makes your mixing basic, not in any way......there's so much you can do to manipulate and mix tunes together without using effects that can be a lot more complicated than selecting an effect and pressing a button at the right time....It's all about how you choose to use what you have in front of you.....it can be as basic or complicated as the user wnats to make it, effects or no effects.....
  13. Phil Mitchell

Chris whats with your location?

I used to love my efx500 but now I'll happily take the xone filters over any fx

i dont own a Xone btw :lol:
  14. Gary Proud

I dont want you to take out of context what I was saying, I dont by any means assume that a DJ is technically boring because they use the Allen & Heath, watching Matt Tolfrey on an Xone just last week proved this.

What i meant by "basic Mixing" is waiting for the last string of beats to push in a track in & the ease the EQ's into the mix. If your the type of DJ that prefers this style then an 800 may be a waste of money, nothing more, nothing less.

Again stating my original post, it depends what you use a Mixer for? EFX etc.. imo the pioneer every time but can see why folk choose the Allen & Heath.
  15. Gary Proud

16. Hutch

Hutch \o/\o/ TRANCE \o/\o/

Pioneer Ftw ffs!

Friday :wiggle:
  17. Gary Proud

Set Times for friday as follows:

Main Room:

Simon Garrington: 10-11.15
    Gary Proud: 11.15-12.15
    Tylor Leigh: 12.15-1.15
    Menno De Jong: 1.15-2.30
    Willy D: 2.30-3.30

Back Room:

Alex farrier: 10-12
    Digital Whores: 12-1.30
    Tylor Leigh: 1.30-2.30
    Mark Maitland: 2.30-3.30
  18. Big Dawg

Big Dawg

quality, what you playin mate?
  19. Gary Proud

Music mate:D :wink:
  20. Big Dawg

Big Dawg

that would be a good start like

your usually on last like and its canny bangin

just wondered what you would be playin in a earlier set ?