It's a mystery mix!

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by Rob, Feb 17, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

It's unfair to judge this set by todays standards of Ableton mixing and perfect production.

It's like judging art on the quality of the painting, rather than on the content, and what it meant in the context of the era.

This was ground breaking at the time, and dodgy mixes and tunes included, this will have been a better night than anything trancey any of us have been to recently :up:
  2. Rob

Rob Registered User

Word.

It's once in a blue moon you see an atmosphere anything like it was during this set these days.

Not that fussed about trance but this and many other nights I spent at early GC were the bollox. You had lots of non trance heads in the main room because it felt like something pretty special was going down.

There were people around at the time doing spotless mixing (Sasha, Hardwick, Ornadel for example) but Scott's sets really personified what it was all about.

I almost got nostalgic then. ;)
  3. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

Suits you :D
  4. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Registered User

I miss these kind of nights..

I feel kinda priveldged to have grown up at the time the "Superclubs" and "Trance" were kicking off..

Was awesome while it lasted..
  5. Rob

Rob Registered User

Maths isn't my strong point but, weren't you 15 at the time? :p
  6. Jason Bourne

Yeah in 97 I was..

But by 98 and 99 I was frequently goin out.. and by that time trance was awesome..
  7. Rob

Rob Registered User

Just pullin' your leg. :)
  8. Jason Bourne

Consider it pulled :lol: :up:

Christ I'm only 24 and I can already use the sentance "when I was a lad.." or "in the good old days.."

:(
  9. Guest

i dont know weather im looking foward to that or not :lol:
  10. Wot

Wot Registered User

:up: tbf Scott Bond was normally more fucked then most of the crowed by the time he played last set
  11. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

the only reason those atmospheres were so massive was because of the amount of mudma in the cowies ;)

I had a quick listen, the tracks we used to bum certainly havent aged very well :lol:
  12. claire

claire Beautifully Bad

Was that at The Emporium? I was there then and I;m no expert dj but he was shockingly bad
  13. claire

claire Beautifully Bad

Not too sure now, I doubt it, I have two exams the following week :cry:
  14. Jivemaster

Jivemaster

Hey Rob, you didn't by any chance happen to record any other live Gatecrasher events like the Millenium Don Valley stadium event, would love to hear some more legendary sets from Hardwick and Bond back then ? :)
  15. Jivemaster

Jivemaster

Oh man Rob you are a legend!! I'm loving this set especially with Slacker - Your Face!! Please if you have any more sets recorded from this time....please please stick them up, it really takes me back and the mixing seems so energetic :)
  16. Rob

Rob Registered User

I'm affraid not. I've lost so many live sets over the years, such a waste. :(

Of the ones I recorded the one I've posted up here sums up Gatecrasher the best anyway imho, that is why I still have it a decade later. :)
  17. Jivemaster

Jivemaster

It would be great if anyone else posted some md recorded live sets from Bond and Hardwick over the years, doesn't even have to be from Gatecrasher as they tend to give a better representation of the club music in that period
  18. Granty

Granty 38°52′48″N 1°23′30″E

Listening to this set made me hunt through my collection of tapes from "back in the day" - and while it may not be as old as this, although there are plenty more, I found Judge Jules @ Promise (01.12.00)* :lol:

Within the weeks surrounding that night Promise had Anthony Pappa, Hardwick and Scott Bond doing a 3hr set :love:

*I think I may have to post it for the memories alone.....;)
  19. Jivemaster

Jivemaster

please do, even though I don't rate Jules particularly highly he does do make some good mixes now and again
  20. Granty

Granty 38°52′48″N 1°23′30″E

I've probs got about 150+ old mix's on tapes and about 2 thirds of them have been tranfered to mp3 format on my pc.

When I can be arsed I'll try and put a list of the best ones together and if anyone has any specific mixes they want posted I'll see what I can do :)

I'm definately going to post Sasha & Digweed (3hrs) Live @ Twilo, N.Y.C. - 1996 though :love:

Pete Tong, John Digweed & Paul Bleasdale @ Tall Trees, Yarm (28.10.95) might go up too.....