have you ever heard such b***ocks

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by psycaholic, Jul 27, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. james909

james909 Registered User

Not really si everyone knows it's Isreal attacking Hizbullah and the un would not go in untill a cease fire from Isreal was agreed. Who is supplying the rockets to Hizbullash needs to be Proven.
  2. scruf

scruf Registered User

:lol: :lol:

From what I can gather Joe, your strategy is to wipe majority of peaceful 'inoccent' civillians out, then establish peace post occupation?

George?
  3. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

50-60 innocents slaughtered in yet another fucked up Israeli airstrike this weekend.

Israel gives them a 48 hour cessation then continues its airstrikes over southern lebanon today :dunce:

Nice of them to give the civilians chance to leave, after it has struck - not only is this 'horse gone shut the gate' mentality, it's all the more ironic because the reason they couldn't leave in the first place is because Israel had destroyed the ports, airports and bridges. :dunce: And 48 hours? How long did it take them to get out of Gaza?

This is yet another example of the contempt held by Israel for innocent life in the Arab world. It's like they have a 'collective responsibility' attitude that would shame the Nazis. German soliders attacked by the militia? Round up all the men from nearby villages and execute them. Rockets fired from a town? Raze the buildings nearby, children and all - and don't spare the phosphorous.

Sickening.
  4. forks

forks still not dead

yes
  5. Rob

Rob Registered User

If both countries were motivated and without serious outside help I think Iran would kick the crap out of Israel.

Infact I'd bet a lot of money on it.

Israel does not have the natural resources required to take on a nation of 60 million. They may win at first but sooner or later Israel would run out of people, food, fuel and munitions.

I think Israel would be stupid to kick off at Iran and I don't think they are stupid.
  6. Rob

Rob Registered User

7. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

If Israel temporarily evacuated its northern towns, Hezbollah would be toothless.

If they agreed to a stop airstrikes in the meantime, the international community would be united behind them, and real progress could be made on assembling the force to disarm Hezbollah, without all this pissing about from the americans about 'urgent' and 'imminent' ceasfires.

There's no way they'll defeat Hezbollah with airstrikes - in fact, I can't think of a historical precedent where such a thing has been achieved.

A terrorist movement is more than the sum total of its weapons, its the ideology, the incentive, the support from the populace, and the feeling of desperation that leads them to their measures - and in these areas, Israel appears to be making things worse.
  8. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Andy have you formed these opinions after watching 5 minutes of BBC News 24?

Hezbollah launch an attack on Israel and you call for the evacuation of half a million Israeli citizens... Has the heat got to you?

Furthermore, why would Israel have faith in an international peacekeeping force... Can you give me an example of a successful international peace keeping operation in relation to Israel (infact can you think of one in relation to the world)? There is a very real threat on the Israeli border and Israel is acting as any state would.

Do you watch the news? This is now a land operation.

The air strikes prime the area for a land offensive - its standard military procedure.

Andy you can get ideological on us when there's a Katyusha rocket pointed at your grandma's house... Disarm first - talk later.
  9. Yosef Ha'Kohain

They're hardly informed thoughts ;)

The Iranian military is poxy, technologically its light years behind Israel (based on 30 year old soviet weapons) - they have the ability to manufacture weapons which is where the true threat lies (20 years down the line there massive military force could be technologically able).

The amount of troops a country can call up for service has little impact on their military ability.

The biggest obstacle Israel would have to overcome is the distance between the two states, prolonged air strikes would be hard as Israel does not have any aircraft carriers (but there are ways around this problem).
  10. forks

forks still not dead

I'm beginning to think you may be unbalanced
  11. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Of course I'm unbalanced.... I know people who've lived through rocket attacks, I know people who've had family members die in rocket attacks, Hizbullah have launched an attack on my nation... Why would I look at the struggle through unbiased eyes?

But don't pretend for one second that you're looking at this without bias.