have you ever heard such b***ocks

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by psycaholic, Jul 27, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

For the record I'm pro Arab states taking responsibility for terrorists operating within their borders and understand Israel's refusal to commit to unilateral disarmament until they do so. However I'm also totally opposed to ALL the aggression currently taking place. Both sides need to stop their shit but pretending Israel are the only aggressors while Arab states sit back and say "don't blame us - we can't do anything about the terrorists we're harbouring" is highly unsatisfactory.
  2. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

How would this be any different to the current situation - Hizbullah wont just hand over their weapons.
  3. Yosef Ha'Kohain

I couldn't agree more :)

Don't get me wrong I am very critical of Israel - its a human run state so it's prone to "human error"... I just get so sick of brain washed lefties blindy stirring up anti-Zionist hatred.
  4. james909

james909 Registered User

International pressure and the fact if they fired on U.N. troops they would be disowned by the international community.

Plus they will hardly gain favour from their poeple by killing troops deployed to stop the bombing of there homes.
  5. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

I also think that the notion of victimhood should be be dispelled. In a region where emotions about history run high, I think you've got to be be totally dispassionate to the who did what to who first brigade to end this monumental horror.
  6. Yosef Ha'Kohain

they're already considered a terrorist organisation - I don't think international opinion is of any real concern to them.
  7. Yosef Ha'Kohain

agreed - but that is much easier said than done... what the region really needs is leadership - someone that can inspire the nations into peace.
  8. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

As is pretty much everything relating to this conflict.
  9. james909

james909 Registered User

If that the case and the Lebanise goverment will not take any responsibility for the stoping of their actions the U.N. must do it for them.

Isreal agrees to cease fire the U.N. sends in troops to stop the missles and round up with lebanise troops the Terriosts.

This would probably mean the lose of some U.N/lebanise troops but would minimise civillians loss's.

Hizbullah then would look if they attacked peace keeping troops the agressors.

After that there needs to be a series of talks to sort out the situation whicj tries into a your idea of leadership a political figure that both sides could trust to chair the talks not the corruption of Bush or Blair.
  10. Yosef Ha'Kohain

But what situation is there?

We were at peace with Lebanon.... Hizbullah need to be disarmed - the UN are not capable of this job. Like pretty much every other jew on this planet I would rather rely on Israel than the UN.
  11. james909

james909 Registered User

The lebanese goverment need take responsibilty for actions of terriorists in its state and do what it can to stop them calling for international help it can not do it alone.

To me isreal need to listern to the UN just as the us and uk needed to before attackting iraq which this seems to divert the media from.

Yes but you can rely on Isreal sactioned action from the U.N. which has the distance to not look at the situation is such a reactionary light.(Easy for me to say i know when it not my country men diying)

I do think the U.N. could with help of lebanise goverment stop Hizbullah if not the entire region could erupt.

If this escalate Isreal will need the U.N. to help it against the other midddle east nations.
  12. Yosef Ha'Kohain

As it stands there are no middle eastern nations that pose a threat to Israel.

You're also overlooking Hizbullahs status within Lebanon - with the exception of the christians the Lebanese want Hizbullah to remain there - they relate to Hizbullah religiously and idealogically.
  13. james909

james909 Registered User

But surely they want the bombing to stop the U.N. could help to do this by depolying troops to stop the missles.

Are sure that Israel could deal with syria/iran and the Hizbullah.

I feel as if iran is showing how much influence it has and the damage it could cause if it was attacked(By the U.S.).

I don't think it healthy for isreal to isolate itself more from the west.
  14. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Israel would be more powerful than the US in the middle east.... I think you underestimate the IDF, Israel has the fourth most powerful military in the world - Iran is ranked way down the list.
  15. james909

james909 Registered User

Here is a consipiracie theory you may have seen before.

This is not about solidarity with Gaza or strengthening the handof the Palestinians in negotiating the release of the prisoners inIsraeli jails. This is about Iran's nuclear bomb and negotiations withthe Europeans/US. The Iranian negotiator left Brussels after the end of negotiations and instead of returning to Tehran, he landed in Damascus.
    Two days later, Hezbollah kidnapped the Israeli soldiers. The G8 Meetingis on Saturday, Iran is supposed to have some sort of an answer for the G8 by then. In the meantime, they are showing to the world that they
    have a wide sphere of control in the region: Afghanistan, Iraq and Lebanon. In Lebanon they pose a real threat to Israel. The "new"longer-reaching missiles that Hezbollah fired on Haifa are the message.The kings of Jordan and Saudi Arabia issued statements holding Hezbollah
    solely responsible for bringing on this escalation, and that isunderstood as a message to Iran. Iran on the other hand promised to payfor the reconstruction of destroyed homes and infrastructures in the south. And threatened Israel with "hell" if they hit Syria.

My soutions is that of lay person but i feel now the middle east needs a mobile peace keeping force as the blood shed is awful and if missle hit futher into isreal this will get bloodier.
  16. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

one rule for one and one for another?
  17. Yosef Ha'Kohain

elaborate...
  18. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

Your opinion is all the more interesting given that Israeli casulaties and numbers of rocket strikes are increasing as this military campaign continues,.

I believe yesterday was the bloodiest day yet, with the most rockets fired and the most Israelis soldiers killed so far?
  19. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Don't think thats so much a theory - more fact... Whatever Hizbullahs reasons for initiating the violence were it is a certainty that Iran had a considerable role in the attack.
  20. Yosef Ha'Kohain

That just shows how badly we've caught off guard... But rest assured now that the land offensive in action we will neutralise the threat.