Gav Robertson - Northern Shores

Discussion in 'Productions' started by Gav_Robertson, Mar 13, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Gav_Robertson

Gav_Robertson

Doesn't look like it will tbh. I reckon it's alot better than some of the shit that gets released. If it doesn't, am paking it all in. Decks go on sale, all me oldie vinyl and a stop going raving and put all me money into motorbiking!
  2. Rory Space

Rory Space Gonny wreck yir fuckin hoose. Sweat tits

Dont say that man!... fuck sake, if it doesnt get signed, what we do is... become pimps & pay some1 to make a track! :lol:
  3. Gav_Robertson

Gav_Robertson

Meh, it's not worth me while tho. A think am just chucking me time into something that's never gonna become anything. It's going the same way as the DJing. Can't get a fucking gig anywhere now FFS either lol!

How do you get gigs evidently? Anyone know?
  4. Rory Space

Knife point mate. But honestly, dont give in man, never give in.
  5. Gav_Robertson

Gav_Robertson

Aye, everyone's heard it tho....everyone likes it...what's going on man?
    Give the people what they want.....and me! Fuck the money, am not arsed about that atm (although I am pretty skint and could do with a few quid), but it's just getting it signed.....why won't anyone sign it? lol

...and why we talking through here when we're both on MSN and already talking through that? lol
  6. WorldonFire

WorldonFire No Pressure

for love not money :p
  7. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

Totally wrong attitude mate.

If your willing to give up so easily then you dont deserve to be given a chance as theres 100's of people out there (myself included) that continue to try relentlessly & a hell of a lot harder to push their name out. We get treat like shit month in month out, spend hours & hours trying for gigs only to end up playing some toilet the arse end of the Country for pennies... and STILL go back for more.
    For me it's not about being the 'next big thing', playing the best gigs or having the best tracks in the market, I do this as I throughly love the music, it's my life & I live/breathe it.

Dont get so digruntled the fact you haven't been picked up or things haven't snowballed as quick as you'd have liked, if you plug away, generate enough interest from others & you keep the tracks coming it'll happen for you man, but believe me when I say it's a far cry from what many stereotypically persieve it as. In the past I've been ripped off, had my records stolen, fucked over in Foreign Countries & kicked in the teeth from Promoters/Nights more times than I care to remember, but it makes you wiser & more determined (well for me anyways), you get to weed out all the false fuckers out there, but you can only do this by making mistakes or tasting dissapointment.

This is your 1st track mate dont put too much pressure on yourself, if it doesn't get signed so fuck? make another & another... and ANOTHER until 1 does! you've had some really good feedback from the other board members on here & I personally love the track! if anything you should be giving yourself a large pat on the back. Definitely use this to build on rather than giving up if you find nothing comes of it.
    Take John O'Callaghan for a perfect example, things didn't exactly happen over night for him, it's took John a PHENOMENAL amount of unreal tracks over the years to get the recognition he's only just recently started receiving, Simon Patterson, Jon O'Bir etc - all in the same boat... they've all had to 'pay their dues' before being earning a comfortable career.
    On the flip side you can take the Industry by storm, have a few blinding tracks that get picked up just at the right time & be the 'next big thing', however the only person I've seen do this of late was Sean Tyas... but then again you have to make tracks like Sean Tyas Lol.

I've seen so many people at our level accept defeat at the 1st hurdle, your track sounds brilliant & you seem to have a close knit bunch of mates that support you when you play, if you still find playing clubs & making music fun you have every reason to keep at it :up:
  8. adam.

adam. kthxbi

^^ oracle
  9. Willa

Willa Registered User

I felt like i was in a blues bar there. After every sentence i felt myself shouting "rights" and "yeah man" at the computer screen.
  10. Gav_Robertson

Gav_Robertson

I agree lol, was just being a winge and having one of those days tbh. lol
  11. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

LOL @ Adam & Willa :lol:

Gav - go through the DJ Mag 'top100 poll' & pick out all the Trance DJ's, if your certain the track wont be signed send it to every single one of them & they may start charting it. Give it away on all the forums your registered with, I've generated more gigs than anything else from promoters that run nights in other Cities solely off the 'Dick Van Nille' track I gave away for free, the gigs will come & if not at least you can turn round in a few years time if you decide enough is enough & say you had a crackin time trying by playing the odd gig, going back to parties getting fucked for days & making music with your mates etc...
  12. Elektro_Tek

Elektro_Tek Registered User

Had another good listen to this...

It's a nice track and defo has potential. It's got some good ideas in the track and some really nice melodic parts. The arrangement is good. However, I did get a bit bored after the break, I was waiting for something extra, like an addition melody perhaps?

I think there's still room for improvement with the overall mix/levels. The seems to be some clipping/distortion in the low end. There's also too much high end IMO too.

If the mix was sorted and it had a bit more punch/sparkle, maybe the additional melody and it could be spot on.
  13. Rory Space

Congrats mate getting signed to that label, im fucking gob smaked, but happy for u bud :D

Now that ur done, can i please have my midi back to finnish my track lmfao. And i want the fucker to shineee like a mirror! :lol: jokin.

Drinks? - thought so, giz a bell later :p
  14. graham

graham Registered User

Congrat's on getting this signed mate, wheres it been signed to?