Fucking Pigs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scotty, Jul 27, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. SeniorChem Si

SeniorChem Si Registered User

I haven't got a degree....got ONC and HNC though, in civil engineering.... which is handy :spangled:
  2. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

i wanted to do civil engineering, i almost got an apprenticeship in it when i was younger. HNC's are pretty good mate, well if you have one with loads of experience aswell.
  3. wallyjumblat

wallyjumblat Registered User

Si your to old and wise for a degree mate :p

I dont have a degree . But 95% of the people doing my job do . it doesnt matter about degrees anymore they only help in certain situations not all .
  4. scruf

scruf Registered User

what crap!

Fair enough they don't matter in terms of the skills you apply to your job, but the fact that you stated 95% of the people doing your job have a degree makes in fairly implicit that having a degree is quite crucial in getting a job at your level..

The amount of graduates in the job market at present makes it all the more important!
  5. Amyblah

Amyblah Registered User

None of my mates stuck through college. We all got bored and got jobs instead, we'd all planned to go to uni but it never happened cos we couldn't be arsed

If I had my time again I would probs got uni though :D
  6. Rob

Rob Registered User

Sad thing is that most jobs that require a desmond or better are only using it as a yardstick for general aptitude which is a massive waste of 3 years and 10k+.

Lots of people in the labour market are getting onto the fact that an 18 year old can be better at a job than a post grad and they will do the job for less pay and be more willing to learn (less ego). I could not careless if anyone I employ has got quals or not as it tells you fuck all about how good they will be at the job.

Obviously these are not 'professions' in the traditional use of the word, those sort of jobs are a totally different debate.
  7. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

:up:

would you employ me:lol: :wink:
  8. Rob

Rob Registered User

Our office is slightly more dangerous than the RAF mate, we came under a relentless barrage of Power Ballads this afternoon. There were BBC reporters with ear gards on and the works.
  9. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

:lol: