ELEMENTS 1st Birthday! Friday 14th Nov, Cosmic Ballroom

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by ManofScience, Oct 27, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. smigs

smigs by the sword of dobber

He got the upstairs closed for starters. The manager told him to keep the bass levels down a few times a so the manager just closed upstairs so I flet like a prime time dick for starters then jamie started getting griefed abit of people asking fr there money back and it was'nt even nothing to do with him.

I really think he thought everyone was booing because the manager had shut the room and it had'nt occured to him it that he was getting booed for getting the room closed down (then as jimi said the verbal abuse kicked in and I think it might have hit home. In away I'm glad because I did'nt bring any 300bpm gabba to carry on from his speedcore which would be my first choice of style knowing somebody would be on after me !

Part from up untill that point I think everyone had a pretty good night though.
  2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

hugging trees , if you dont like it , fuck off , i
    good booking from scouse land then eh , at least he didnt play scouse house .
  3. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

4. Vicky Vegas

Vicky Vegas .................

Shocking.
    So sad when D.J's get self indulgent, rather than building a night up, with each set complementing and building from the one before. Also very sad that the management acted like that, rather than sorting things out with the promoters.
  5. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i'm not that bitter.
  6. fiddla

fiddla Retired

To be honest nimos was a fucking disgrace, going on like a total bell end behind the decks , playing what i can only describe as speeded up "noise" , going overboard with the levels and getting the room shut down !!

Up till then i think the night had been going really well !
  7. MELT

MELT Registered User

in nimos defence he did have it jumping BUT that 'manager' with the red / ginger hair was probably just waiting for an opportunity to heard everyone downstairs.

they do it all the time at the cosmic: makes it easier to kick everyone out at closing time.

bad crack but then those 'cosmic' people have a unique way of 'managing' situations

cosmic manager -
    ''oh no I think sound levels are too high....lets flex my muslces and keep messing with the sound from the master control only I have access too - ooo that gives me such a feeling of power''

solution - install a limiter - but hey that would be too logical

ps: I wish I had been there when fidla got accused of twokking the decks by the same guy... when in reality he was just moving them downstairs
  8. Pierre

Pierre

Someone stealing from behind the decks is bang out of order they have cctv in the upstairs room get on the case and ask to see it i know i would like:mad:
  9. MELT

MELT Registered User

looks like the lynching squad already have nimos fingered

:evil:

to be honest the mp3 going walkabout is more likely to have gone awol after the decks were moved as then punters still floating around have more easily spied it

it is bad crack like

:mad:
  10. MELT

MELT Registered User

word to that brother

I am sure I still owe you that drink

:D
  11. smigs

smigs by the sword of dobber

Well the toilets are upstairs so people would have been mooching about up there after it got shut down so It could have been anyone. At least fidds had the sense to try and pinch the decks as they were obviously the least conspicuous lol.

Like its been said though, it might be worth while asking to see the cctv footage if there was any.
  12. Pierre

Pierre

There is defo cctv coverage up there so i'd defo ask to see if you can have some sort of ballpark time it was last seen you can just scan on from there
  13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

it was there at 12.45 at least . hope m.o.s gets a replacement for his jesture of good will
  14. terryerry

terryerry

Thought it was a quality night. Agree on expensive drinks, going to bring a 4 pack next time.
  15. MELT

MELT Registered User

I hear that the mp3 dropped on the stairs whilst it was hanging off the decks during transit

:wink: :wink: :wink:
  16. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

it's been found , it was at the bottom of the stairs at the end of the night by Helen :love:

my new culprit is fids :evil: :lol:
  17. fiddla

fiddla Retired

lol was it actually attached to the mixer or the deck ? Cos i just unplugged the decks phono leads n power leads n legged it down the stairs ......?

Soz bud :angel: :love:
  18. Earl Grey

Earl Grey time for tea

i still dont trust scousers :lol:

send me the mp3 when u get it back m..o.s :)

melt - will speak at some point by end of week - keep forgetting to ring u back :)
  19. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

i'll trim it where i let your last tune play out :lol:
  20. MELT

MELT Registered User

what was more worrying than nimos musical selection or his turning up of the volume was his obessession with stickering the hell out of everyone and anyone he met.

when i caught up with adam lab 4 after he had played, he had been NIMOSSED (stickered) about 7 times

if anyone saw them these werre the stickers that had a picture of nimos on with his name saying you had been nimossed or something like that

the guy had turned everyone into nimos advertising boards

:lol: :lol: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol:

ps. wouldnt mind a listen to earls and sciences sets.

how many of the sets did you record ?