Eddie Halliwell speaks out about new ED-IT project, and Talltrees gig April 4th.

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by calvy, Mar 18, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. calvy

calvy Banned

Eddie Halliwell speaks out about new ED-IT project, and Talltrees gig April 4th.

We spoke to Eddie in the run up to ED-IT…

So…are you looking forward to getting back to Tall Trees on 4th April and what do you enjoy about playing there?

“Yes, I can’t wait to get back to Tall Trees. I had a great time at the closing last year, but thankfully it’s back. The venue itself is great, the atmosphere is always unbeatable and the crowd are really responsive.”

You are launching your new DJ concept, Ed-it at this night, could you explain what Ed-it is all about?

“It’s a new performance platform which will give me the chance offer something a bit different to what people expect when coming to hear me DJ. There are various elements to the concept, one of which being the introduction of different equipment to my set up, along with some brand new technology that I have been involved in developing.
    “With the DJ performance ever evolving, the idea behind ‘Ed-it’, is to create an exclusive platform which will enable me to work with new technology enabling me to re ed-it and re-work music live.”

What is the new equipment you’ll be using?

“I’m involved with a few different companies, assisting them with the development of new equipment, including Pioneer and a company called Advanced Communication Solutions (ACS).

What about the style of music you’ll play, will this change for ED-IT?

“I won’t necessarily change the style of music I play, but it will change how I put it together.”

It sounds like ED-IT will give you the chance to produce live on stage in a way?

“Yes, the equipment used will ultimately allow me to remix and re-edit tracks live on stage."

Tell us about your new online concept, myebook?

“Myebook.com is the ultimate platform for any personal or corporate publications. It’s easy to embed or link to videos, audio, documents, images and flash files to make the books fully interactive, and what’s more, since the whole myebook.com system is community-based, getting the message out to the audience is easy.
    “Other sites such as myspace and Facebook are very limited when it comes to presentation, just utilising one flat page. Myebook.com can basically showcase anything – the possibilities are endless.
    “I see myebook.com as an archiving machine, which allows me to publish fresh material constantly.”

And you’ve also launched your own regular magazine using myebook, called ‘The Ed-itorial’…

“Yep, The Ed-itorial’, is the first of its kind, offering the experience of a glossy magazine, but it’s free. The first issue went live at the end of April. It’s got footage of the gig to 1.5 million people in Rio on New Years Eve, ‘On the Road’ reports, the ‘Rewind2’ which features past gigs, interviews, forthcoming gigs, my top ten chart – basically everything! Myebook.com gives us the tools to be able to publish this on a regular basis because it’s so easy to create a magazine quality publication.”

You mentioned playing to 1.5 million people on NYE in Rio, how was that?

“Amazing! It’s one of the largest audiences ever seen by a DJ. Can’t think of a better place to see in the New Year; in Brazil, brilliant weather, on a beach, and with over 1 million party mad nutters!”

What’s the plan for Ibiza this year?

“I’ll be playing my Cream residency again this year and Judgement Sundays.

The Legend that is Eddie Halliwell, gave Tall Trees the send off it deserved in February 2008. Now the King of Tall Trees is back on Saturday 4th April, fully fired up and ready for the worldwide exclusive launch of his new DJ performance concept, ED-IT.
    Already known for his meticulous trickery and technically eventful sets, Eddie will be taking this to a whole new level. Watch him use a combination of skill and new integrated technology to re ED-IT music live, alongside his own customised special effects and visual production.

Eddie Halliwell has hand picked the most cutting edge and fresh breakthrough artists to fit perfectly with his ED-IT performance, in the form of the riel deal, Sied Van Riel, tipped by Tiesto as the “hottest producer around” and by DJ Magazine as “the next big thing to hit trance”. Alongside Eddie and Sied will be internationally renowned DJ Preach, who’s been igniting dance floors around the world, and, the groundbreaking up and coming German producer and DJ, Swen Weber. To top this world-class line up off, is local talent Gary Proud, with his debut appearance at Tall Trees

Attached Files:

2. 1615634792921.png