Dr Watson

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by Yosef Ha'Kohain, Oct 18, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. andy_rocks

andy_rocks Registered User

I remember linking you to the page where a real physicist tore his book, schoolboy equation errors and all, to shreds? And I'm sure I could find you plenty of biologists to correct his errors on evolution too.

You might as well say that Michael Behe is distinguished :lol:
  2. andy_rocks

This is all correct. They are certainly not 'completely cultural' how could they be? I don't know what you mean by a 'lesser developed' people Joe, but it sounds rather sinister.
  3. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

andy he was a nuclear physcist professor at MIT and a member of the US atomic agency commission... You showed me a website of some cocky school kids trolling and claiming a scientist of his callibre didn't know what mass was.

He is distinguished in his field, you don't work work at MIT unless you are distinguished (Chomsky, Baltimore, Townes, etc.)
  4. andy_rocks

Distinguished he may be, correct he is not.
  5. Yosef Ha'Kohain

people that inhabit nations that haven't develope at the same speed as the west; the pacific islanders tend to not fare as well as parisains....
  6. Yosef Ha'Kohain

andy I know you've never read his papers, maybe a few paragraphs on the website but that will be it.

He's neither right nor wrong, as with any other existence theorists; but in your hypocritical manner you dismiss him because the theory he puts forwards doesn't conform with your neo-darwinist rhetoric.... He is a creationist; he presents an argument grounded in science - yet you dismissed him.

hypocrit?
  7. forks

forks still not dead

joe you didn't read what I said....... I said it was a fact that IQ tests show varied abilities BUT I said that IQ tests are unreliable evidence.
    your ramblings about undeveloped peoples and pacific islanders show your ignorance and is supremacist speak. maybe you should join the far right thats where your trajectory seems to be heading. maybe you could organise some immigrant bashings, show em who's boss that sort of thing.
  8. andy_rocks

There's nothing "neo-darwinist" about "you've got no evidence" it's been the mainstay of science since long before Darwin :lol: I'm not surprised you don't believe in evolution or global warming when the only scientifists you listen to are those who publicly humiliate themselves with error-ridden books like schroeder :lol: A physicist getting mass and energy confused would be like Dawkins confusing a cat and a dog.

You're telling me that it's because africans are 'less developed' that they do worse on IQ tests. But if you're going to accept that, then surely europeans would do better than asians, which they don't.

I've said all along that there is no good measure of intelligence, and that I disagree with what Watson said for this reason. But equally there is no good reason to assume he is automatically wrong and prevent him speaking just because you don't like it. Science telling you something you don't want to hear? This has the makings of a familiar thread...