COSMIC BASTARD FUCKING BALLROOM CUNTS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Carson, May 16, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

I thought nothing of doing drugs in clubs until I got caught. The resulting Caution has caused me nothing but trouble since, stressing about CRB Checks, trying to get into Australia etc. I wouldn't dare carry drugs with me into a club or bar with door security, the risk ain't worth it.

Also as the USA especially and other countries continue and further ramp up swapping records even for minor drug offences, the last thing I want is to land in NY and be flown back to the UK on the next flight. Can you imagine the irony of a trip to Amsterdam and being shipped back for drug offences from years ago ... it'll happen [eventually].

Paranoia innit ... lights spliff :chill:
  2. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

I doubt anyone that’s been caught over the years have actually been stupid enough to get gear out in front of Door staff or been that blatant where they couldn't complain if they felt the repercussions of taking stuff into a club. Certainly none of my lot that I know of anyways. Foundation was one of the strictest clubs I've came across but there was a type of etiquette (if you like) whereby the Door staff could see people were a bit worse for wear but providing you weren't causing trouble & you went about your business privately you were never made a target. It's give & take.

No club will tolerate drugs & I don’t think that’s the point people are trying to make here... or stupid enough to believe in. It's the way in which your put on edge the minute you walk through the door by certain individuals that are keen to go massively out their way to try & put you in the firing line, people just don’t need that when out trying to enjoy a night & Friday was a testament to my point, downstairs was closed & upstairs was lucky to have had 20 people in. Sad times for once an underground hot spot playing host to some amazing nights. I've been going to the Cosmic for years now, I've hardly ever seen any trouble, the clientele have always been dead on & the clubs certainly never been a wash with dealers or been associated with gang/chav culture. In hindsight the Club is an owners/Dorr staff’s dream.

However the Club & its management decided to sell its punters & promoters out to the Police every single weekend rather than working alongside them. Raising the rent £400 in a 9 month period & doing nothing to justify it is criminal. Throwing out headlining acts out you've flown in from other Countries on the basis the management 'thought' they were taking drugs is unthinkable. People have had their houses raided, lost their jobs & had massive disruption in their personal lives due to this 1 club & the way it operates. I don’t think some quite get the upset they've caused certain people.

It is sad to see the Club in the state it's in as I've had some amazing nights in there & met some amazing people, but I cant say im at all surprised, the backlash was always going to happen with the sheer level of people they've had ejected & arrested on a weekly basis.
  3. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

It wasnt my mate it was some gadge id just met, he was obviously half joking and im sure he knows there isnt addicts spacked out on the floor with needles hangin out their arms. But it does show what a bad reputation the club has when someone wont go somewhere because they have heard its full of drugs (he was a typical bog standard student who goes to tiger tiger and mushroom ect)
  4. adam.

adam. kthxbi

his comments are probably part of a wider, misguided view of 'proper' clubbing as we would call it..
  5. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

Yeh probably, after he said 'isnt it full of smackheads?' i said yeh thats why i like it.. he avoided talking to me after that, the puff
  6. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

A lot of my mates up this way view dance music the same way. Every time I've mentioned digital or going to habit, shindig, etc, all you hear is "dance music, don't you have to be pilled to fuck to listen to that?"

Bit of a narrow minded attitude... :down:
  7. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

And yet threads like this, with people saying that drugs are an integral part of clubbing, that the management should turn a blind eye etc, hardly do anything to dispel that attitude, do they?
  8. Pierre

Pierre

Look the oweners of the club to them its a business there livelyhood so anything thats going to put that business in jepordy will be ruled with an iron fist......correct?
  9. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

a good point :up:
  10. adam.

adam. kthxbi

yeah cos the tiger tiger/apartment clique arent ever coked off their tits.
  11. Gary Proud

I dont think anyone is wanting the club to turn a blind eye if they see something going on that isn't legal, it would be rediculous to think they would. Im presuming the ones that have passed similar comments have never been searched or dragged out the toilets for no reason after being found with absolutely nothing on them 2/3 times during a night out in there?

It got to the point in that place where you couldn't use the cubicle toilet without someone peering over while your having a piss & then being searched when you came out, or walking down the stairs & being pulled to one side randomly & searched. It totally spoils your night.

And the unlucky ones that did decide to carry stuff on them & ended up being caught certainly felt the repercussions of the Club in the form of the above I've previously stated.

People up here have been clubbing for long enough to know the script, I think most peoples gripe on here are aimed at the way in which the club actively seeks to get people in the shit rather than catching them doing something they shouldn't be.

Your in a Nightclub for ffs, not JFK Airport wearing a Turbin & backpack.
  12. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

If you don't have any drugs on you then you won't be on edge the minute you walk through the door :up:

And I think Foundation's policy of turning a blind eye to 'regulars' snorting massive lines up ket upstairs is a bit different to the norm.
  13. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

All of the above happened to me at Foundation. Got pulled out the bogs once as my pill shit was taking too long - turned out bouncer fancied my ex and tried to get me done.
  14. Gary Proud

wrong on both points.

I've never had gear on me in there thankfully, but you do feel on edge when your being searched for no reason 2 or 3 times a night by some hairy arsed doorman.

when you've booked a DJ from the otherside of the world & he gets thrown out as they thought they seen him doing something he shouldn't have been on the stair well does put you on edge.

It was the norm in Foundation? if you never caused any trouble, posed a threat or were simply seen to be having a good night, you were left alone. The ones that were idiots or the ones that were blatent with their antics were thrown out.
  15. Gary Proud

Ah, well thats a different kettle of fish all together :lol:
  16. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

I got asked for my fingerprints and to consent to an Ion scan as a condition of entry in Sydney (I said no of course) - enjoy the relative freedom we have at clubs up here whilst it lasts :(
  17. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

those upstairs bogs were horrific like :lol:
  18. Micko_Harriso

Micko_Harriso Say Energy!!

When I tell people the type of music I'm into, it takes a hell of a lot of explaining that I dont take drugs or will ever take them. Its just not for me

I was there on the night that Carson got thrown out & it was the first time I had ever been to the Ballrooms. Overall, I can say that it would take a lot to convince me to go back
  19. Craig_M

Craig_M Registered User

It was really quiet again on Friday, and I didnt see the lad with the afro kicking about but a few people still got kicked out/locked up
  20. chase

chase Has geet 'S' on chest

meant to be going there for Judgement Day / Hostile / Distorted / Hardstyle United on the 30th aug, dont do drugs or owt like that but from what people have been saying on here im seriously thinking about side stepping the place alltogether :down: