Brid / Jan 2011 Promo mix (Circus DJ Competition)

Discussion in 'Music' started by BRID, Jan 15, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Apologies for not replying instantly Hostile. I read your reply on my phone and was going to respond straight away, but i just kept on living my life instead.

Judging by your avatar you have dropped a lot of cash/credit on your CDJ2000's, DJM800, and laptop. For that kind of investment, all you seem to have got out of it is being ripped on an internet message board. Of course you had the 6hr NYE set which we heard all about. Its a shame we never heard any reviews or opinions of anyone who attended, as id love to know how it went.

It seems to me you have a bit of a bee in your bonnet about how people who mix on computers, and how there's not a lot of skill involved. Strange how most people on here mix digitally, or only use cdj's in clubs have had a lot more gigs than you. Maybe its because they arent obsessed about other peoples setups, peoples level of 'skill', being a mega 'talented' dj, or the moral dilemma of using an A&H Xone in a competition. Because its not about that is it, its all about the music, innit? ;)
    DJHOSTILEVIRUS likes this.
  2. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

DJing is like driving a car.

There's more than one car model out there and more than one way to do it properly. Some people get the best out of smaller cheaper cars, some people prefer larger, flashier cars with more gadgets and technology attached.

Just like DJing, using a different car to everyone else doesn't make you a better or worse driver. Someone who drives a car with an automatic gearbox isn't necessarily a worse driver than someone who drives a manual - it's about how you use the technology in front of you.

And of course there are the purists who insist we shouldn't drive anything other than the latest model Ford because it's "industry standard", or a vintage classic because driving anything else "requires less skill".

DJing is DJing. The worst possible future for the scene imo is loads of Pioneer clone DJs all with the same kit using it in exactly the same way, or everyone sticking to vinyl in the mistaken belief that it's a purer form of doing things because it "involves more skill". Both of the above stifle innovation and creativity.

I've heard DJs who have made the jump to software/digital and I can testify to the fact that having the computer beatmatch for them doesn't make them better or worse than they were previously. I can think of one commercial example locally who has started using a laptop to beatmatch for him and his sets still sound rubbish because he doesn't understand structure in his mixes or what tracks and melodies fit together. And he doesn't understand the concept of volume levels and EQ either.

There's more to DJing than beatmatching (just like there's more to driving than changing gear). If you can't steer in the right direction, having a car that changes gears for you doesn't mean much. If you buy a formula one car, or an all-singing all-dancing supercar and can't get the basics of driving right, you're still a shit driver. And it will show when you go up against other people who have the skill to get the best out of their equipment regardless of what kind/type it is.
    brid likes this.
  3. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

im just interested in waht people do it on brid , whats wrong with that ?????
  4. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

im just interested in waht people do it on brid , whats wrong with that ?????
    sect ................ lol
  5. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

lol ....................

by the way just out of interest , who are you on about mate ...... who made the jump but still sounds shit ?????
  6. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

lol............................. im just interested in waht peole use mate thats all , whats the problem .........
  7. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Its a shame you can't turn all those full stops into words and sentences.

That way we would have something interesting to read, rather than one line/word answers to the interesting discussion forum conversations that the other board members contribute.

;)
  8. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

awww is it because you didnt get a mention in that comp mate ......... is that why your moody with me ???? like i said you were up against some top djs tho ????? lol
  9. adam.

adam. kthxbi

To be fair Brid, that's all the response I was expecting.
  10. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

hey all yous have done is diss me from the start ??????
  11. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Are you a DJ? I have a camera but im not a photographer.
  12. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Pretty much. That, and i'm on my rags this week. I ate a whole tub of Hagen Daaz last night, drank a whole bottle of Pinot Grigio and then cried myself to sleep while trying to sing 'i will survive'.

I'm packing in bedroom DJ'ing (well, Kitchen DJ'ing to be precise) and decided to focus on my charity work instead. It's just not working out for me, this whole EDM scene thing. :(
    Conway likes this.
  13. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

was probly the whole tractor thing .......... i tweeted him and he said they would be spotted and hoyed out ????
  14. adam.

adam. kthxbi

Give me something to not 'diss' you for then? All you've done in this thread is ask people if theyre DJ's, and ask about their setups. Why? Do you think youre somehow a superior DJ because you have CDJ2000's? Are people who do not have these decks not allowed an opinion?

Ive asked you three questions there mate, surprise me by answering at least one coherently.
  15. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

i dont think im a superstar dj mate ............ im just interested in what people use to dj thats all , if you cant afford what i have dont diss me for that ........ were do you get , if djs dont have those decks they cant have an opinion , iv never dissed anyones set up , you moron
    kids like you make me laugh , ....

cant i ask what other people have ???? whats your problem with that ????
  16. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

adam ........... were was your last gig , whens your next gig ?????
  17. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I think we've already established that adam doesn't DJ :)
  18. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

oh cheers comway ........ comway could you send me any liks to IAN COXs mixes on here please .................
  19. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

http://podcasts.nucastle.co.uk <- should be one on there. Click "Archive" and scroll down till you find it :up:
  20. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

21. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

lol .......... moron
  22. adam.

adam. kthxbi

When's yours?
  23. DJBOOMVIRUS

DJBOOMVIRUS

lol ....... see what i mean .........