Biblical challenge

Discussion in 'News & Current Affairs' started by Yosef Ha'Kohain, May 11, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Ness

Ness Registered User

Just as plausable as owt else.
  2. Clique

Clique

You are clearlyvery religious, I'd be interested to hear why you hold the beliefs that you do.

Personally l've never been convinced by religion, i was brought up as a catholic (I was even confirmed) so l have read the bible, l have also read the Koran but to be honest, nothing has moved me to believe in what the books are saying.

Theres no proof that any god or gods exist, so l choose to be an athiest.

So why do you hold your faith?
  3. DN HY

DN HY 142 bmp

Re: Biblical challenge

i disagree mate, i think Man U will win the champions league, and italy will lift the european championships!
  4. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

as much as i don't believe in religion and understand the ignorance it breeds in the less intelligent - i'm not sure if the world would be better without it, as faith in a higher power has for eons given comfort to many civilisations - maybe over time as we grow, ALL people will be ready to disguard religion.

like they say in the matrix, there's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path :p :lol:
  5. Ness

Ness Registered User

I know what u mean but i have to think that in this day and age people really shouldnt have to rely on a book etc to tell them whats right and wrong or to get them thru their miserable lives (which is probably why religion is such a strong point and originates in the middle east). After all thats the job of the family and parents, and the people who's families dont give a shit about their upbringing are not exactly the ones to be religious, unless they find it in prison.
  6. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

i doubt religion could fade out completely.

i mean, america - the idiots that rely upon religion over the pond couldent just die.

unless your talking about a LONG time.
  7. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

I am personally not religious.

It can however do some good. Take Tonga, Samoa, the Cook Islands and other small island nations in the Pacific. Alcohol abuse is a big big problem in that area of the world. Over the past couple of decades the Morman religion, and Christianity in general has become big there. Even the hard as fuck Maurois I worked with respect 'bro's' who turn to religion as it sorts their life out, meaning we have less real life cases of Once Were Warrior's.
  8. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

People are scared of death. As we get older, I bet a few of us will change our minds in regards to the afterlife and therefore religion.
  9. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

Perhaps true for all of us lucky ones with technology and easy access to knowledge.

Unfortunately most of the world are not us - most of the world is poor and ignorant through no fault of their own, without religion and hope life would be much harder and seem unfair and hopeless for a lot of people (look at how popular Christianity is becoming in Africa for example, and as above, the South Pacific).

The hardcore element of religion is fucked though. My Dad (staunch Atheist) got expelled from school in old Rhodesia when he was 13 due to arguing about The Bible with his teacher.
  10. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

11. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

it gives people comfort and hope in times of need.

Personally, i prefer the truth
  12. forks

forks still not dead

I think you just said 'religion is the opium of the masses' there.Karl Marx would be proud
  13. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

i'm not really scared of death anymore - considering i'm only 20 :lol:

the amount of near death experiances and pretty much being brought out of death (literally, but only the once), led me to expect what was coming.

i'm scared of dying in a bad way tho - drowning :down:

i have my opinion of the afterlife and it is that of absence of time and darkness, i consider death to be the period after you become unconscience and before you come back, thats what i'll expect.
  14. forks

forks still not dead

don't hold your breath
  15. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

sorry if i'm being a right morbid cunt :lol: :lol:
  16. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

I'm scared of being buried alive, at least with drowning it would be all over in a few minutes :cry:
  17. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

tbf tho - i think i've got more chance of dying by drowining that being buried alive - but yes that would be horrific, unless your uma thurman
  18. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

:lol:

Getting cremated when I snuff it like. Want my kids to mix my ashes in with a line of whatever so I can go out in style :cool:
  19. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

or 'in' to a certain degree :king:
  20. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

Haha