Discussion in 'Films & TV' started by Magpie, Dec 11, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. danny_m

danny_m Papa Toon

Went to see this and thought it was really good. Only saw it in 3D, but not sure if it would be worth going all the way to iMax to sit through it for another 3 or so hours.

The countless stereotypical army quips can be forgiven with effects like that.
  2. MAXIMAL:

MAXIMAL: Registered User

When they were bombing round the forest did the intense colours remind you of acid, 2cb n that? I was fuckin loving it, would have loved to of seen some of those visuals off it like!
  3. Dan

Dan Registered User

Its exactly what i thought myself. After watching Avatar it wouldnt suprise me if it came out tomorrow that James Cameron was a bit of an acid head when he was younger.
  4. MAXIMAL:

MAXIMAL: Registered User

It was like rossy land wasn't it. :lol:
  5. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I've got something similar in the pipeline like.
  6. danny_m

danny_m Papa Toon

Aye, the colours when they were all sitting cross legged and doing that prayer thing totally reminded me of the trips. All of that glowing etc.

Creased @ Rossyland, psychadelic theme park.
  7. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I am glad that I have been associated with the avatar film on a number of occasions over these past few weeks. :cool2:
  8. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

Gottickets to see this at weekend, got premier seats though instead of gallery seats. £8.70 student prices :)
  9. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

loved this!

the story line was a bit cheesey and thought it slowed down a bit an hour or so in but otherwise it was good!

The 3d at the Imax is unbelievable, the premier seats are definately worth it! cant wait to see Alice in Wonderland there :D
  10. Chris S

Chris S Monkey Tennis?

my better half has got student card. did u have your pick of a seat when u went in? just we were gonna go last sunday and it was completely sold out. Hopefully will be going this saturday
  11. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

My mate just got them off the machine outside the cinema on her card on Monday, you choose your seat when you book. I would book in advance to get the good seats.

Another thing - i would book both your tickets as student tickets, they didnt even ask me for student card when I went in.
  12. Play

Play Registered User

never seen a movie like it in my life. the way it looked in the imax was class. i love the cat from Alice in wonderland before the movie started :cool2: after i realized is was just going to be a love story i was just enjoying the 3d visuals and the way it was made. the stereotype american army were fuckin shite like. he had a cup of coffee in his hand when they were fist attacking :lol:

i questioned the part where he was waking up and going back to his normal body. his avatar could of got done in or shit on and he would'nt even of known till he got back in or woke up. apart from that the story line did'nt fuck about and the 2 and half hours went canny quick.

pandora though was quality. loved seeing around it, and the view with the other planets in the backround. i did'ne end up bucketing it as i went with our lass and another couple. not really the scene :(
  13. dobbs

dobbs Registered User

Ha! Yep I thought the same, as did everyone else in the room when the cat came out and everyone went "wooaahhhh", I think it was the most impressive bit of 3d that I saw that evening! Though the holographic computer screens that they had looked pretty good on 3d.

Really enjoyed the film - yeah not the most complex of storylines and as someone else said it was just Fern Gully on a bigger scale (glad someone else spotted that, I keep mentioning this to people and they have no idea what Fern Gully is!!), but was visually very impressive, and as someone who isn't the best with heights I can safely say that when they were jumping around and running across bridges miles up in the sky I was feeling a bit uneasy :oops:

All in all, highly recommended at the IMAX - I didn't get premier seats but booked the row just behind premier so had perfect view! Time flew by too.
  14. Congay

Congay Registered User

pissing myself with 'the backward race in thret of being wiped out' being played by AFRICAN voiceovers

so american and so wrong :lol:
  15. Dynamix Heavy Weight

Dynamix Heavy Weight

got 4 free tickets for I max. saturday...waxa
  16. stu

stu Registered User

saw it the other day at the 3d Imax at the metrocentre, fucking amazing visuals and good story too, top stuff highly recomend checking it out :)

I've never seen Pocahontas but a mate sent me this (spoilers if you haven't seen avatar!)

http://www.saltypopcorn.com/images/avatar-pocahontas1.jpg
  17. Chris S

Chris S Monkey Tennis?

Seen it last night . Awesome. Used student tickets and they didn't even check. Premier seats were great . Lots of room. This will probs be the biggest selling blu ray aswell
  18. Magpie

Magpie Registered User

Just, eventually, seen it. Friggin loved it. 3D effects absolutely un-fucking-believable. Storyline was a bit cheesy with some ridiculously cheesy lines but didn't bother me at all. I want to live on Pandora.
  19. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

Has anyone seen this on Digi3D AND the Imax? Tempted to go again to see it in IMAX but not sure if I want to spend another tenner+, plus I was getting a bit sick of the glasses by the end of the digi3d one.
  20. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Its the most amazing looking film ive ever seen in my life - i wanted to cry at points i was that overcome with it all. totally totally brilliant.

Walking out into the pitch black and rain afterwards seemed shit compared to that world.

Brilliant