Worst Club You've Ever Been Too?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MistaK, Sep 29, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

Worst Club You've Ever Been Too?

we've had the best, now it's time for the worst.

Misson in Leeds for me, what a bizzare clubbing experiance that was :lol:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Ruffers

Ruffers Drooling on the mixport

x 2 :up:

When I went one of me more overbearing mates was adamant this was the place to go for a night called 'Federation'.... I argued with him over the fact Gatecrasher was on down the road and that I was almost certain 'Federation' was a queer night that moonlighted in Foundation towards the end of its era... I lost the argument so 16 of us (mixed but mostly lads) go to Mission and low and behold the place was full of fudgers, midgets dressed like Devils :devil: poking you at every opportunity with their trydants, freaky sort of hippy girls trying to take you on a mystical journey and generally lots of gay/random shit going on.... To top it off the music was like Hed Kandi :fuming:

Very bizarre indeed!

Other than that the Red Rooms or, anywhere like Blu Bambu (4 years absence from that hive and counting!)

Also Klute in Durham is awful.
  4. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

aye, we went for goodgreef 2 years running. it's bang in the centre of the handbags and stapon's area of leed's like. unisex toilets were bad crack as well. not to mention the mirror thats infront of the toilets which i walked into about 500 times :lol:

Aye, the redrooms is terrible, and i can't see myself calling bamboo, tiger or liquid proper clubs anyway. although when Ikon had promise Vs Goodgreef there in 2005 that was insane :D
  5. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

the trades in consett.

two floors of stool.
  6. chase

chase Has geet 'S' on chest

Leam lane social
  7. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Blu Bambu, closely followed by Digital
  8. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base
    i was there the other week in a back back back room, up there stairs through a small room with a hatch onto the main bar and then down some stairs into a tiny room ha ha

but i thought ikon for promise v goodgreef wasnt a bad club and had a mint time i like it as a venue, id like to say i hated the boat but when i was there it was promise v goodgreef and was a good night all round and the fact it was shit made it good

mission was ok when i was down there for hardbeat masifest this year like, altho our hotel was next door to the club and i remmeber going outside for a tab and 2 blokes walking past just in y fronts, needless to say when they seen me i seen them twich like

i dont know how anyone can honestly answer this, meaning if the music is right, the cracks there and everyone is sound you can be in the dirtyest crappyest place in the world and still have a mint time, and on the otherhand you can go to cream in ibiza and have a crap time
  9. Pierre

Pierre

Aye the boat was most defo one of them like
  10. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Was at club in Liverpool cant remember the name of it but the night was either Chikbu (sp) or Circus but the place was rotten floorboards all shot, the place generally scruffy, not a glass collector/person from Asia to be seen anywhere. The layout was fucking awful not sure what it was converted from but who ever renovated it did not pull it off.

Bambu may not be your cuppa but it is a good club. Likewise I would love to see Baja (if it is still there) used for large scale one offs.
  11. Baggot

Baggot

them boys do chibuku + circus at the Barfly of the Masque unless its a big show. Masque been re-vamped now, changed a lot.
  12. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

I'm not going to include all your clubs that don't hold events i'm into like Zanzibar in Stockton.

Warehouse in Boro i's fucking shit. Shite sound. Expensive drinks. Scruffy toilets. No thanks.

The biggest Dive i've been in club wise, with a bit of work would restore it to former greatness. I've not once has a shit night there however it's just a complete shit hole and that's Nation.

Toilets always flooded, leaking roofs. leaking toilets, scousers. It's just a crap club. Stupid thing is it wouldn't stop me going back as i always have a good night there and the sounds very decent.
  13. Baggot

Baggot

I played in warehouse for a mate last aug as a Thimbleberry afters for the boro lot in the house room, it was diabolical.

I was in Nation in Jan for Garnier 7hr marathon, only time i've been and was ok, loads of wankers with crates of lager on the dancefloor? dealers in the bogs hassling you aswell, and some cock end blowing smoke in my face when i looked round to see who was smoking in the 'courtyard' bellendzzzz.
  14. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

Im with the fellow little one above :p
  15. Crispy

Crispy

only club i've ever been to with a fight alarm :lol: is it bad that I still quite like it?
  16. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

thats a common feature in consett nightclubs (apart from ours ;))

I love the new name for it - K2. Someone on the official facebook group commented that "it's called K2 because when you get to the top you want to fucking kill yourself" :lol:
  17. Mr Stone

Mr Stone

Fucking joke that - the only way that statement works is if you have only been to two clubs in your life and you hate clubbing - which I suppose is possible

I put up with a lot of Digital hating but to say what you said shows you're either ridiculously biased against Digital or a simple minded numpty twa*t

Do me a favour

To qualify your statement list all the clubs you have ever been to in your life

Then at least I will get an idea of how you came ti that conclusion
  18. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

The layout in digital is appalling to be honest.

It has a great sound system, great lighting, nice decor (at least when it opened), but the way the place is laid out is awful. The upstairs is much better :up:

Still, I guess there's not much you can do with it, given the shape of the unit it's in....
  19. Aaron!

Aaron! Coming soon...

Calm down dear. It's just an opinion.
  20. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

These recent clubs threads. I have been working off them as buildings not nights.
  21. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Digital
    Foundation
    Gatecrasher 1
    Air
    Sankeys
    Fabric
    Turnmills
    The End
    Alexandrea Palace
    WHQ
    Cosmic Ballroom
    Some warehouse in Osaka, Japan
    Some techno club in Hong Kong
    Victoria Works Leeds
    MyHouse Leeds
    Custard Factory Birmingham
    The Other Rooms
    Brixton Academy
    Ministry Of Sound
    Numerous Festivals....

... and yeah. Digital is one of the worst clubs i've ever been to. Horrific layout, pointless 'i am god' dj box position. Dissapointing sound system for what is supposed to be a 'super club'. Nowhere decent to sit/hide/chillout. The place is generally unfriendly and opressive in feeling. You could take the same bunch of people and put them in foundation and it would be miles better.