What does 2003 mean 4 dance?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Yosef Ha'Kohain, Jan 6, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

What does 2003 mean 4 dance?

I can't help but think that 2003 could be the start of the rise of dance back to its former glory, january alone see's 3 huge dance anthems released:

so much love 2 give
    opera song
    love story

Non of them are to my taste (well 1 is) but they can do the dance industry no harm, every time I tune into the radio I hear some charva trance tune or funky house tune, it can only mean that music fashions are changing back to dance (I haven't heard this much dance on the radio since 2000)... hopefully this will influence more folks into clubbing :D

Does anyone else agree that 2003 may not see the HUGE drop in clubbers that every1 predicted?
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

looking forward to a good dance year. people have become alot more open minded (well, some ppl) over the last year, and there is more good stuff about. genres have been pushed around, stretched + changed, so im looking forward to seeing, and hearing what 2003 has to offer!

trance wise, the first few months should be good! lightning records have got loads of new MIKE, L-Vee, 3 drives stuff in store for release!
    matt H is doin another E-mix too.
  4. Miller

Miller Registered User

I don't think that the huge drop in clubbers will ever happen, as there are always people coming into the scene at the same time people are giving it up. i don't think that you can ever predict what will happen in such a scene as dance music.

i really do hope that 2003 will be a great year for everyone in dance music. :)
  5. CheekyMonkey

CheekyMonkey Registered User

I think 2003 will be a good year for dance. Although the 'superclubs' are declining heavily, clubs like Goodgreef and Promise seem to be taking a step in the right direction. A lot of nights seem to be popping up and it'd be nice to see them successful.:)
  6. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

Personally i reckon Hard-NRG will become much bigger... Bouncy Hard House will fade. You hardly see the boncy cheesey stuff much more, apart from odd release from Tidy... which IMO is a good thing... Stuff like Lab 4 s acid sound will also get bigger as Lab 4 do, live acts, such as K90, Lab 4, Orpheus II will also be on the up, as people are after more innovative stuff on stage.

My main hope is that southeners learn to dance in 2003, but i dont think it ll happen:)
  7. CheekyMonkey

I can definitely see the likes of K90 getting bigger. Do you think there's much of a market for that kind of music to be brought further North cos isnt it mostly played in London at the mo? That style of dance is easily the best and to see it getting bigger would definitely be a good thing.
  8. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

I think the main problem is the demand for the likes of K90 etc. are so huge in London, and the money offered is enough to tie K90, Phil Reynolds, Lab 4, Steve Blake, Spencer Freeland etc.etc. them to London clubs (most the time)... Clubs in London are not far apart, so DJs may beable to get 2 or 3 gigs a night without travelling far, and virtually every biggish event (Frantic, Tidy etc.) are sell outs maybes 2 to 3 weeks before the event. Clubbing continues from Fri night well into Sunday day with mornings like Smile and Riot, once again potentially more money for DJs. Nother thing is the large amount of tourists in London... Most the people, or a very large number that go to hard house nights here are either: South African, Australian or from New Zealand, who cant dance for shit, but are well up for it. I guess the only thing for these DJs to venture up North is if more talent comes into London and pushes other DJs away...
  9. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

for me personally think it will be a very quiet clubbing year. i rarely get excited about going out, it has become quiet boring and all i seem to do is whinge and moan about the music and the people. no one seems to making much music that interests in any of the dance genres.

primarily my music taste is constantly changing..

i'd much rather listen to the red hot chilli peppers at the moment than stick on one of my old crasher albums.

i've also realised how much money i actually spend going out clubbing.

i think clubs like ikon & tall trees where they play "charva trance" will become even busier & more succesful. i don't see any iminant revival for clubland.

i think alot more clubbers will become bitter & cynical like me :p
  10. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Agree the trancier NRG acts will be big (ish - but trance, funky house, etc. will always be bigger) but the harder nrg acxts like glazby and karim have peaked....Also think lab 4 have peaked....

2003 will see a lot of hard trance (but not scot projec style) either k90, nuw idol, oprheus 2 type stuff and the happy goodgreef type trance... think we wont see as much german trance....

but think the big change will come with electro and alternastive type beats - they're going to be huge this year.
  11. Yosef Ha'Kohain

As for hard house WHICH NRG ISN'T (@ least the nrg acts u named n shamed) I think u'll see the return to bouncey stuff by the end of the year - peole are getting bored of nrg its all very similar.... hoovers n horns are the way forward :D
  12. CheekyMonkey

wot do u mean by alternativ type beats? examples?
  13. Yosef Ha'Kohain

everything from breaks to hip hop (mr scruf and stuff)
  14. CheekyMonkey

I'd love to see breaks get quite big. That'd be cool. Not really a fan of Mr Scruff but I can see him getting bigger. I'd love to see proper hip hop finally make an impact in the UK. Stuff like Roots Manuva, New Flesh, Cannibal Ox and Saian Supa Crew getting the attention they deserve!:D :D
  15. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

even i m gettin into hip hop more:eek::eek::)
  16. sparky-mark

sparky-mark Registered User

u cant predict what 2003 is goin to be like? times change my friends, and theres nothin you can do about it really, just gotta go wif the flow!
  17. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

Nah granted you cant, but u can have some good ideas of whats to come, fuelled by whats happened in the past... A year ago, it was predicted hard dance was gonna be on the rise, and it happened...
  18. sparky-mark

sparky-mark Registered User

if this next yr is as good as the last one, then excellent, had the time of my life last yr, was fookin brill! met loads of new ppl and made excellent mates! love um to bits!

i wouldnt swap any thing from last yr except my over draft account balance! fookin give it a right good bashing, but in the end it was worth it!

roll on 2003!!!
  19. Guest

We'll see more bangra stuff at the start of the year people like RDB, Punjabi MC etc. Breaks wise i think people like Tula, Adam Freeland, James Lavelle etc will be huge !! ANd soulwax will only get bigger this year!!!!!!
  20. CheekyMonkey

It'd be nice to see Asian breaks get more attention. Stuff like Talvin Singh and Badmarsh&Shri is top quality.:D
  21. CheekyMonkey

That's very logical. U don't no what it is, but u hate it. Clever! :rolleyes: :lol: