What age is it acceptable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Willa, Aug 12, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Willa

Willa Registered User

What age is it acceptable

to still be living with your parents?

i would say 26 at the most.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

Italian men stay at home til they are 40 or something. My bird has Italian grandparents. The gran holds her 42 year old sons hand as he is having his afternoon nap and tucks him into bed! :oops:

I can understand why they don't wannt leave home too as all I did when I went there was get waited on by various females, had expresso made for me whenever I wanted, drank beer from 11am each day and ate loads of homemade wop food.
  4. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I know people much older than that still living at home.

Thing is, unless you've got a partner or your minted, it's very hard to get anywhere to yourself, apart from renting (which isn't far off the cost of buying a house anyways).
  5. MissyC

MissyC Missy Flowers.............

its all good living at home man, you can get away with murder...:lol:
    its too expensive to get your own place,unless you get a flat share or something, am happy enough paying me board every month to keep them off me back

saying that like, me parents are away most wkends, so i only have to put up with them during the week :p
  6. Congay

Congay Registered User

in this day and age its pretty STUPID to move out until around 30, your going to be swimming against the tide finance wise for the rest of your lives if you do... well act saying that no one seems capable of saving anyway...
  7. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I found it fairly easy and I moved out at 24. I live with my girlfriend and we both make enough money to pay for everything comfortably without penny pinching....

I'm glad I moved out when I did, the way things are going, I doubt I could have afforded it if I waited a couple of years. House prices will still continue to rise, even given the current climate.
  8. Allie

Allie Registered User

i'm living back at home at i'm 24. having lived with friends in leeds for three years, going back to living with my parents is a nightmare, but i have much better things to spend the little money i do have on than a house at the moment.
  9. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

I moved out of my parents just last just last year (25 years old) & in on my own. Best thing I ever done. Yes I have a bit less money which is obvious but I dont even notice the difference or struggle to the point where I cant go out or buy new things?

Took me a little while to get there with the furniture, carpets & all the bollox that comes with it, but I throughly enjoy being total sad bastard all by myself.
  10. Jobbi

Jobbi Registered User

i wouldn't say there is an acceptable age as such, i think it's just all about personal/financial circumstances

i think i'm quite lucky, i got a mortgage sorted n moved out into my flat in april, i'm 23 (was 22 at the time) and i live by myself so it is really hard sometimes but i don't regret it at all

some of my mates could easily do the same but they'd rather be able to afford to go out every weekend to town or whatever n do pretty much whatever they want when they want while paying a bit board at their parents

to me it's worth the sacrifice, to others it's not. house parties are the way forward :D
  11. Congay

Congay Registered User

my advice would be stay and svae for as long as possible but thaT ALL depends on your parents, it was class with for me i just lived with my dad which was like living with a dodgy best mate who loved footy and scams... i could have stayed there forever, smashing birds in on the sofa and coming and going when ever no questions asked... only ever got wrong when the drug squad woke the poor sod up at 3am
  12. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

:lol:

I moved out at 17! Bought my parents house at 20, sold house at 22 and moved back in with parents, moved back out at 23! !

Moving in with my Mam at 22/23 with a 4 year old son was a nightmare!!!! I couldnt live with my mam again, as much as i love her id rather be homeless!

It isnt as easy as it was when i moved out for people to move out now, its far too expensive, even just comparing my bills with now from when I moved out at 17, my bills are nearly £500 a month more than they were then :eek:
  13. Ruffers

Ruffers Drooling on the mixport

I moved out 6 years ago at 18 and ive been through it all, hard times not knowing where the next meal is coming from to being comfortable and being able to treat myself... I think you learn over the years the value of money and how to look after yourself... Everyones gotta do it to though IMO. The one thing for me is actually having a mortgage seems years off despite paying in rent more than what a monthly mortgage rate would be, it wont change til I can find a substantial deposit to put down. I think it all depends your own circumstances but I could never go back to my parents now, couldn't do without the freedom!
  14. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

Move out as soon as possible! There is no way I would have gone out with anyone who still lived at home when I was young free and single.
  15. Danny_Habit

Danny_Habit Registered User

Still at home in your late twenties/older is well offside.
  16. Allie

Allie Registered User

hedley?
  17. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

If I can get my act together and sort out a visa for Australia (this is where the missus comes in) then my Dad is signing his house over to me due to his four year work visa coming to an end and him not being able to stay on as he is over 45 - sorted!
  18. JIMI

JIMI Not an Administrator

either on a messenger of death or a naval base
    i have my parents old house as they got a divorce and moved out and both want to buy each others share so i moved out of where i was renting.

3 bedrooms, front room, dining room, massive kitchen, garage and front and back gardens

no rent, no bills, all i have to do is keep the place tidy well inside is nice but the gardens are over grown like my grass is turning into wheat ha ha
  19. adam.

adam. kthxbi

afters at jimi's
  20. Jill

Jill Registered User

Anyone upwards of 30 needs to have a word with themself and move out IMO. Someone I work with is just moving out aged 31.. to a flat-share with 4 other people (who she doesn't know). The thought of that makes me want to cry.

I moved out age 22 (now 24) and don't think I could stomach going back to my mam's (although I'm sure she'd appreciate the new domesticated me more than the old one).

That said, it can be difficult to afford - I share with my boyfriend and couldn't afford to live where we do on my own, so I'd be in a hovel somewhere.
  21. Hebburnite

Hebburnite Shabba

Cant hack more than 30 minutes at my folks before the nagging reminds me why I fled at 17!

In answer I would say plans should be in motion by age 25 max!