Tidy Boys

Discussion in 'Music' started by CheekyMonkey, Jun 7, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. CheekyMonkey

CheekyMonkey Registered User

Tidy Boys

I think this post may have occured quite recently but was just wondering if there is any chance that the TIdy Boys would ever play Promise? Seeing as Rob Tissera went down so well, surely the Tidy Boys would be another bit of nice hard dance at Promise.:eek:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Guest

Dieeeeeeeeee Dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  4. CheekyMonkey

CheekyMonkey Registered User

Shall I take that as a maybe?;)
  5. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

dont fink we gunna get anywhere wif this one mate...the music snobs on ere would be in up roar if the tidy boys came to promise!

they all nearly cried when eddie and rob came so if the tidys boys played they would probs boycott the club forever!!hehehe!;):p:D:D

they would go down mint though IMO...infact probably better than rob did on friday infact
  6. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

I think that booking Rob & Eddie was probably pushing the limits and it only just happened because they are also well known as hard trance DJs (especially Eddie). When people hear The Tidy Boys they automatically think of hard house so as much as I would love it I dont think its going to happen in the near future :(

However judging by how well the hard house that Rob played went down does this not prove that booking the Tidy Boys could be a step in the right direction?? I love me trance so Im undecided on this one really :confused:
  7. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

rob didnt play any (what i would class anyways) hard house tunes on friday...he just plays hard trance or hard dance or woteva u wanna call it. As does eddie and as do the tidy boys.

to me hard house is the kind of ear banging stuff u hear at insomz...not the stuff that eddie, rob and the tidy boys play at sundiss or when they come to promise.
  8. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

All these music genres are confusing to me, I give up trying to catagorise music. From now on I'm just going to use 4 main catagories

Prog = Stinky stuff that never goes anywhere
    Trance = Floaty stuff
    Hard Trance = Stuff that goes 'PARP'
    Hard House = Bouncy stuff

Save all the confusion :confused:
  9. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

That was me contradicting myself :rolleyes:
  10. MartsKitchen

MartsKitchen Registered User

To be honest i would love the tidy boys to play at foundation but i dont think they would ever play at promise because it is a trance club. I say we should get sundissential back at ikon/cuba cuba and get the boys of tidyness to play there.

Just imagine if sundissential went to foundation...... heaven!!! :D :D
  11. Mr Soft

Mr Soft Registered User

Please Please not Tidy Boys, it will be the death ov the club.
    Sorry 2 all u hardhousers!
  12. foxychik

foxychik

not necessarily u little snaggle, you just have to make sure that you aren't there that particular night!;)
  13. Mr Soft

Mr Soft Registered User

Watch it Liz u smart ass:D :D
  14. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

im not a massive hard house fan though but i really rate the tidy boys but thats because they are more hard trance than 100% hard house...

...until i saw em i thought they were your average hard house but after seein em i realised otherwise...they tend to play more hard trance wif a few bouncey hard house numbers thrown in for good measure! hard dance then?

still dont think we ever gonna get em at promise like:rolleyes:
  15. Kerry James

Kerry James Registered User

The Tidy Boys would take the roof off Promise!! Not only are they awsome djs but they are great too watch too, they really get in to it when they play.

They adapt there style depending on where they play, I,ve seen them play really bouncy and also deep and trancy, Tidy are really pushing the Tidy Two label which is pure banging trance, and most of there djs are playing that more than the bouncy stuff at the momment, Lee haslam played Solid and didnt play one hard house tune, all trance! and rocked it!

I also think that they would bring in people that dont normally come to Promise.
  16. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

agree entirely wif u!! infact i remember that nite at solid and even talking to mark about lee haslam and saying how his style would suit promise and he agreed with me:)
  17. Mr Soft

Mr Soft Registered User

Why r all these hard house dj's changing there style then? You dont see Mauro Picotto playing softer at promise. I think hard house dj's should keep there sound, why change it 4 different events? It's gonna start confusing people!
  18. Dave The Rave

Dave The Rave

at the end of the day it's up to promise who they book and who they do not book. u go to see who u want and come and go as u please, nobody forces u to go and so the dj its a personal desision. personally i feel the tidy boys are more suited to sunny d and other fings like that but if they were booked i wouldnt complain!
  19. foxychik

foxychik

well why doesn't foundation do something special in conjunction with promise for all those hard house lovers, i went to see lisa lashes when she came to foundation last year, it wasn't through promise but i still had a wicked night, chill oot snage matey it's all reet!

i'm not disagreeing with you i like promise the way it is, but good clubs thrive on being able to cater for all i should know i work in one, well a club not a good one!:)
  20. foxychik

foxychik

listen to you dave the rave since when did you like hard house? u have a valid point though i suppose i can let you off on that one, but wasn't it you who said you wouldn't be seen dead at sundissential with me last year? or was that just you wouldn't be seen dead with me?

CONFUSION TAKES OVER...............................................:confused:
  21. Dave The Rave

Dave The Rave

just wouldnt b saw deed wif u