The World Continues to go Mad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ash1, Mar 7, 2011.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

Australian airline Virgin Blue has reportedly sacked a flight attendant who put a toddler in an overhead locker
    The airline has also offered free flights to the child's "devastated" mother, according to Australian newspaper Herald Sun.
    Natalie Williamson claims that her 17-month-old son Riley was placed in a locker by a steward while on a flight from Fiji to Sydney three months ago.
    However, according to Virgin Blue, the flight attendant put the young child in the compartment because he was taking part in a peek-a-boo game with him and Ms Williamson's estranged husband.
    Ms Williamson told the paper: "My husband, Shayne, was standing one metre behind my son, Riley, when the air steward picked him up and placed him in the overhead compartment.
    "I stood up and there were people laughing and then I said 'Get my son out of there now'", adding, "I was devastated. I was absolutely devastated. I was crying. My husband was in shock. For days on end I was crying."
    Riley, who was locked in the overhead compartment in complete darkness for a reported ten seconds, is said to have been suffering from anxiety since the incident took place.
    A Virgin spokesperson commented: "We have expressed our sincere apologies to the guest and have provided them with a credit for the full amount of the two return flights.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY THE 17 MONTH OLD WOULD BE MENTALLY OR PHYSICALLY TARNISHED FROM SPENDING A MAXIMUM OF 10 SECONDS ALONE IN A DARK SPACE - STOP GOING OTT PEOPLE!
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. MistaK

MistaK Modulations Staff

your probably right, they wouldn't. however it's always puzzled me why on earth people say 17 month old, rather than just say 1 year old?

apart from that - just sounds like a cause for a massive claim on the airline to me :)
  4. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

When do you stop counting in months for kids like? I asked my mate how old his daughter was and he said 27 months - Eh???!!

On this story though - what the fuck was the woman doing putting the baby in the locker? What a spaz. The anxiety comments are hilarious like - you could imagine her telling her doctor, "...he just cries all the time". Dr - "Er yeah, its a fuckin baby you clown"
  5. forks

forks still not dead

can't beleive there was any room in the overhead locker, they always stowed out with bags and duty free
  6. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

I'm amazed that more people arent wondering WHY the fuck people seem to be doing crazy inhuman things on a seemingly ever increasing rate at the moment.

People walking into packed public places and spraying bullets everywhere, people putting cats in bins, people putting babies in overhead lockers. Like animals going crazy in a zoo.

Sad.
  7. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I don't see whats wrong with this TBH. If I ran an airline I'd enforce baggage hold travel for chav babies anyways.
  8. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I'm only 300 months old.

What the fuck's that all about?
    Conway likes this.
  9. Congay

Congay Registered User

Society is fucked, EVERYTHING points to a melt down and pretty soon. People have no vaules any more, well not real ones. I dont mean bulking up your Facey friends count or getting the latest gadget that makes you feel cool. People are turning in selfish zombies uninterested in anything but themselves. People really struggle to hold a conversation these days its crazy, start talking to someone and within a couple of mins they have chaged the topic onto something they did better or similar. The government just cares about votes, big society is a joke more like big sess pit. Pretty girls who 10 years ago would be the center of attention in a nightclub are now overlooked cos theres a uglier lass whos acting more sluttier in the club and wearing less clothes.

How anyone can consider bringing kids into this (minus the spawning hordes of immigrants or chavs) i have no clue.

I really dont see a end or answer to this
    BRID likes this.
  10. BRID

I agree with everything you said there.

There is no turning back from this, unless there is some kind of massive world war or suitable apocalypse to hit the reset switch on things. We think we are advancing as a world, when in actual fact its more like terminal decline.
    Teknofish likes this.
  11. stuwrong

stuwrong Registered User

fuckin hell get a grip you two, things arnt that bad :lol:
  12. Congay

Congay Registered User

We think we are advanced, we think we are better, we think we are civilised.

The facts are we are getting dumber, test show we are losing many skills and thinking patterns (read a map anyone) as progress as humans.

Better? We as a society let our old people rot in OAP homes, value family values very litter, think more about a wedding dress and day out than the actual wedding and joining of two people.

Civilised? I keep thinking of when Captain Cook brought back natives from Hawaii back to Portsmouth and one of them died of shock when they saw how we lived. As they entered the port they passed the strung up body’s of pirates having their body’s picked clean by crows. The natives had lived in a paradise, small communities living of the land and working together, mostly in peace. The sights and sounds of modern London where terrifying to them, and that was 200 years ago.

More than HALF THE PLANET lives in cities, crammed into rat holes, living in less space than ever before, working more and spending more time trapped in traffic and queues... all awhile having to pay more and more for the luxury of doing such things. Your controlled by your smart phones and are addicted to that refresh button just incise someone said something nice about you on a virtual wall... it gives a fake feeling of confidence that’s addictive. No matter what you think, you’re not really happy. You haven’t got a house a family or a legacy.. Death tax see's to that no one can even leave vast amounts of wealth to their family any more, your slates fucking wiped clean, as soon as your incinerated in that casket and you have paid your last tax, that’s it’s your fucking gone...gone gone
  13. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

Fucking hell! What a load of bollocks
  14. Congay

Congay Registered User

"Understand, My children, that there will be scoffers who will set in motion plans to deceive the nations. Understand, My children, that you are living in the days of trial and the days spoken of by the prophets. The Armageddon is here. 666 is here. All manners of evil so foul that no human mind could have conceived them have been set loose upon earth. The very bowels of hell have opened up and spewed forth demons of great strength, demons set loose upon the earth such as have never entered upon the earth before. It is a war, a war that will test the faith of all." (12-28-76) -- Someone called Jesus
  15. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

More shit, you are full of it
  16. Congay

Congay Registered User

Join me and Brid in the hills. Join us now, we have a need for a strong but dumb young man in the fields
  17. BRID

Everything he said there was true though.
  18. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

It was one long generalisation
  19. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

I agree with some of what Pike says about people losing skills and thinking patterns - inevitable when we live in a world of technology which can do a lot of things for us. We have calculators to help us add up, GPS for finding out where we are and how to get to places, computers and phones that automatically correct our spelling and allow us to get in touch with people over great distances - all of these impact on our lives more than most of us realise. I still don't think it's the end of humanity's ability to think for ourselves, and I don't think that we're in terminal decline as a result.

My opinion is that if you look for decay and despair everywhere, you will have no trouble finding it... It still doesn't mean that everything is rotting and turning to absolute shit. It's all about your perspective.

As for politicians - they've been corrupt since they were concieved as servants of the people - look at Ancient Rome if you want examples. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The same can be said of monarchies and royalties. As for taxes, Benjamin Franklin (1789) comes to mind: "In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."
  20. Congay

Congay Registered User

That is how you tend to sum things up you mindless drone. I havent got time to do case studys for everyone
  21. Ash1

Ash1 Registered User

I agree that things are moving inevitably to a catastrophic conclusion (although sure plenty of time to fit in some fun before then). Unwillingness to change destructive practices (global warming, rainforests, oil/fuel) to save or make money, or showing ignorance to matters because not everyone folows suit. Greed is central to this. The recession only adds to problems, with crime and poverty rates increasing, and im sure locally that if markets remain the way they are, jobs continue to be lost, prices continue to rise, and debt increases, its only a matter of time before major violent protests take place. The new generation brought into all this, turn into followers, and don't know any beter than to fall inconspicuously into everyday robotic life doing what they are told.