Shindig (posers)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glitter Angel, Feb 27, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)

1. Glitter Angel

Glitter Angel Registered User

Shindig (posers)

Is it just me or does every1 else feel pretty out of place in Shindig?

Every time i go there it seems to be more and more full of posers!!
    (im sorry loopy loosy, i know how you feel about the dig!) (ure not included in my list of shindig posers!) (although you do love the odd bit pose!!)

but really, promise is so much more of a homley place and i feel so much more comfortable there, as though i can be myself, where as when im at shindig i feel as though every1 is judging the way i look! am i being paronoid or does any1 else feel like this?
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Marissa

Marissa Registered User

hmmm me never been2 shindig before but would like 2 go just 2 c what tiz like!!! ive heard loads of mixed things bout it.. sum really love it whereas others feel like its 2 snobby?!?!

cant really say ne thing till ive been myself like!! :D:p
  4. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

yep its full of posers, but then most funky house nights are... theres no harm in it... although I do prefer promise for people, atmosphere and music :D
  5. Glitter Angel

here here smart man!
  6. CLARKi

CLARKi Registered User

who cares bout posers if ya off yer nut?

just dance the tunes are usually class!
  7. Glitter Angel

do u ever stop talkin bout drugs? its sad, u guna get the promise web site into trouble!
  8. CLARKi

CLARKi Registered User

look at your signiture! :confused:

i hardly ever talk bout drugs anymore smart-e gave me a well harsh warnin way back in jan! hes does a mint job!
  9. Glitter Angel

Smart E is a class lad, but lets not turn this into another lick arse thread, or another argument between me n clarki, however much we dislike eachother!
  10. CLARKi

CLARKi Registered User

did u not read wot i put in the "Big Needles (Ouch)" thread?
  11. Glitter Angel

just read it now, take a look at my reply
    can we now please talk about all the posers at shindig rather than turning this into a private convo between us 2?
  12. CLARKi

CLARKi Registered User

yes there are lots of posers at shindig! good thing is most wouldnt bother going to promise cos they can only afford one or the other!
  13. Glitter Angel

yup, after buying their Gucci handbag and shoes, they cant afford promise, which is gr8, i dont want our lil home turned into a place where people go to look good, well, we do that anyway, but i mean im glad theres not loadsa posers at promise!
  14. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

Re: Shindig (posers)

this is the way i feel about crasher, any1 else feel the same? i know quite a few people disagree with me on this but its the vibe i got when i went, but different people have different opinions and they are entitled to them so im not having a go at them. after all the world would be a boring place if we all had the same interests wudnt it! never been to shindig so i cant comment but its what i felt when i went to tall trees not long ago aswell, too many posh posers! :mad: never seem to get it at promise cos everyone is totally spot on, havent met an unfriendly person yet :D this is turning into a bit of an essay so ill stop now
  15. CLARKi

CLARKi Registered User

u ever been on one of those all u can drink nites at tall trees *drools* there well mint!

but yes there is loadsa dicks with versace suits on! but i know that there really used car salesmen! :p
  16. Yosef Ha'Kohain

I agree with you bosh!!!!

crasher = shindig for trance heads.
  17. Glitter Angel

lol, very true!
  18. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

at least i have two people on my side, i thought the whole board was going to massacre me for making that statement :eek:
  19. DAVEYRUTHERS

DAVEYRUTHERS

The reason why u complain about shindig is cos its not what u like. u say u feel comfy at promise thats cos everyone there likes the same thing likewise regular shindig goers feel comfy at shindig as opposed to promise cos its their scene.

Different strokes for different folks.

i think both nights are good and dont feel out of place at either, but the two nights are totally different in music style and fashion.
  20. Yosef Ha'Kohain

I agree and disagree davey I'm not slating shindig... its done shit loads for the newcastle community and its the best thing in newcastle on a saturday - just saying it isn't my thang baby...

But I don't think anyone would feel out of place at promise...
  21. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

just going to butt in on the Tall Trees point as its my local (2mins walk!) if you goto a Retro there, the snobbery u talk about i've never seen, i've been to retro in full cyber and also dressed "as one would for a house night" :D. The crowd generally at Tall Trees just lack any real musical knowledge.. they go absolutely nuts for Alex P.. nuff said!

And as for the friday nights.. half of newcastle is there anyway!! would say the club itself is fantastic as a venue, but the promotions and crowd are quite poor. Me and Chunkos have been berating the management for months to try and get them to do something about the direction of the club.. and we still await a massive change in direction ;)

And the posh people there.. well i'm the only one who qualifies as such... i've got a silver spoon rammed right up my own arse :D

Give me Promise anytime over Tall Trees, but if anyone wants to join me i'll be getting pissed for free on Friday and then enjoying the Cheesey delights of Dave Pearce on Sat ;)