Shindig’s Visual Vandal - The Art Of The VJ

Discussion in 'Music' started by Neil B, Sep 22, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Neil B

Neil B Registered User

[​IMG]

One part of the clubbing industry that tends to get overlooked is Veejaying. The more than often trippy and experimental images on the screens in front of our eyes are created by a breed called VJ’s…Shindig’s video graphics cover a world of design, from grunged up visuals to pristine digital eye candy.

As in the infancy of its sister, DJing..Veejaying attempts to marry intuitive visual stimulation with the aural physical assault created on the fly; the artform still very much like standing before a blank canvas with a full set of paints and a box of power tools, a ruleless craft which each day acquires new, completely diverse styles..

What’s to say that in a few years from now a multimedia hungry dancefloor wont be muttering “Who’s the VJ?” to each other..as opposed to “Who’s the DJ?”.

We managed to pull our own visual vandal Pete Bartram away from his Macbook for a few minutes to discuss the future of the VJ and Shindig’s long-running affinity for quality visuals.

Read the full Interview... HERE

[​IMG]
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Willa

Willa Registered User

I've got tickets for Yoda in november, immensification.
  4. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

He's immense.

I've actually had to take a step back before to watch him, trying to take in everything he's doing when I've played alongside him in the past, total gent to boot :up:
  5. graham

graham Registered User

Really top lad, wicked VJ as well :up: