Ricky 'the rodent' Rodal / Ku Dos / Enrique Rodal / Richie Carrera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pidgeon - Jay, Feb 15, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Try googling Ricky Rodal. This board shows up as three of the top four links...

When Jay registered on the board, he used jay at jaypidgeon.com as his email address.

Nowadays to register on here, you have to provide an email address, the board sends an email to that address to confirm it is correct. You have to click on a link in that email to activate your account, otherwise the board deletes it after a few days and you can't get on.

His IP address doesn't match any other user on the board.

So either he's in on it, or someone has gone to really great lengths by hacking his email and using a separate connection in the hope of doing some RPM bashing, or it's the real deal.
  2. forks

forks still not dead

Ricky was just trying out the Robin Hood tax
  3. Pidgeon - Jay

Pidgeon - Jay

Thanks for the info thats has been filtering through and yes this is actually me trying to track Ricky down.
    Its not really about anyone grassing people up but, from all I have heard, who here really gives two fcuks about Ricky?
    I have been given the run around for over six months now and despite twice tracking him down and him promising to pay he has once again avoided me. His name has been placed on the promoter blacklist with all DJ agents.

I appreciate any help at all in trying to track him down.

Jay
  4. danny_m

danny_m Papa Toon

But what about Winter Wonderland?!
  5. Pidgeon - Jay

Pidgeon - Jay

By the time I had blacklisted him he had booked the DJs for the show and Pete I believe paid deposits etc.
    It turns out that Ricky was only hired to book the DJs for Pete but that he was not actually the promoter of the event.
    Whatever info I can get on Ricky or anyone who he is working with then I can update all the other agents, they can then choose to work with them or not, more often they choose not too.

Jay
  6. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

He must be fucking devvo'd like, there go his promotion dreams down the pan.

Heard well before this all kicked off that he blatantly didn't have the money.
  7. Scotty

Scotty Internet Weirdo

Pop a 40 and check your rollies - its Blyth Tyme!
    Makes you wonder how stupid you must be to try it like, what was he expecting would happen?
  8. ZeGermens

ZeGermens I Am A Fucking Hero

so what exactly happend with this and the internet watchdogs lol?

he booked a few people to play different events without any intention of paying them? when people took the piss he said he would get the internet watchdogs?
  9. Allie

Allie Registered User

that's actually mint crack :up:

jay pidgeon must be a shit agent like, only being able to get half of his clients' fees and all that...
  10. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Not really sure how booking DJs normally works whether people get paid in full before a gig or after, but if someone offered me half the money before a gig and half after I wouldn't turn my nose up at it.

Just sounds like they've been ripped off.
  11. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

Same here, i the promoters just up and coming he probably doesn't have that sort of money upfront, and is using a big DJ to get the night publicity and off the mark, so paying half before, and half using door takings seems fine to me.

Unfortunately rat boys a cunt.
  12. Shortee

Shortee back of the net

Tags :lol:

spent Marco v fees on cowies :lol: :lol:
  13. always

always Registered User

"someone call dog the bounty hunter" :lol:
  14. Crispy

Crispy

Standard practice innit.

Makes you realise why a lot of agents are aggressive and pushy- too many promoters who do shit like this gives everyone else a bad name
  15. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

A thank you :)
  16. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

Yup, dead on.

It's just taking advantage of a promoters good nature. Or completely taking the piss in this case.

When a few of us have stuck events on in the past we've only ever been able to muster up the deposit to secure the DJ's booking after forking out for the likes of Club Hire/Promo/Flights etc... etc... in full. It's then up to the Agent to decide if he/she trusts the promoters enough to pay up once the nights cashed up (in which case most people who can bare there face in Public do).

In this particular case there wouldn't normally have been any room for scrutiny imo? Cream's a well known brand, proposed to be held at Newcastle's flagship Nightclub. Just a shame he good hoodwinked by Newcastle's very own Del Boy & Rodney... or Rodent as some put it.

(As above) All this does is make booking acts of Marco's calibre even more difficult for the smaller guys around Town as there'll be no room for negotiation due to the way others have decided to operate.

Surely they could have payed up by now? doesn't Pete get paid to play at Linikers Bar now...
  17. graham

graham Registered User

Was just going to post exactly the same thing :up:

For me its a positive thing for an agent to do this, as who when just starting a new night with all the other costs that go with it can afford to pay the full DJ fees before the event?

Unfortunately though its idiots like these cunts who put agencies off having this sort of policy to help promoters out, and will only make it more difficult for people wanting to start new nights in future when they have to pay the full amount before the gig due to the agency having had their fingers burnt previously.
  18. Michael

Michael Registered User

i agree with what your saying there like but its swings and roundabouts. even if the agent is paid in full before the gig theres no saying that the DJ booked with turn up on time if at all and be in a fit state to play a decent set worthy of their fee. professionalism and a bit of trust from both parties is whats needed. theres always twats like this trying to rip people off but id say his promoting days are over before theyve really started because of whats happened so his butchered himself of any trust or respect.

just have to hope the minority like this dont massively impact other nights abilitys to book djs. which if they do things properly and build a relationship with the agent prior to the booking if possible there shouldnt be a problem.
  19. Michael

Michael Registered User

just to add to that theres no saying that the agents are paying up to artists also. ive heard a few stories with agents holding fees and fuckin artists over aswell and DJs not getting paid for work until month later and having to beg and chase up nob head agents to pay up. heads need to be screwed on in this business, everyones out to fuck everyone else! splendid!
  20. Allie

Allie Registered User

i was just trying to provoke some scandal with my earlier post (and i was absolutely steaming), i wasn't actually being abusive. gutted nobody really bit though...