Return of the long haired yeti...?

Discussion in 'Sport' started by S.E.C.T., Jul 16, 2012.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18850955

Can't make my mind up whether this is good or bad. If he plays as well as he was just before we sold him then good I think - even more so if we get him at a snip. But what if he really is as shit as he has been at Liverpool...
    :confused:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

He was shit at Liverpool because he didn't really fit into the team. Saying that I'm not sure he'd fit into the current shape of our team now.

Still, having him back would probably be a good thing, as long as they don't pay over the odds for him (like say, £35m :lol: )
  4. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

We played to his strengths when we had him. Liverpool didn't.

Our MF were constantly looking for him in terms of delivery. Thats how he was so effective and a handful for defenders.

Any team that spends £35m on a striker should really be shaping their squad around how they can achieve the most goals from him.

When 'Plan A' didn't work, Dogleash didn't seem to have a 'Plan B' and Carroll was left to rot on the bench as a result. I still can't believe that despite all of Liverpools woe's, Brendan Rogers doesn't have any plans for Carroll in the squad for next season? Absolute madness.

He's an immense, old fashioned, centre forward and I'd certainly have him back. Even to bolster the squad and make Ba and Cisse fight for their position.

However I stick by my guns and say he's not worth the £17m Liverpool are asking. £10m at best.
    S.E.C.T. and Conway like this.
  5. S.E.C.T.

S.E.C.T. Kiss My Face

£10m would be a awesome
  6. G.H.

G.H. newcastlebeats.com

Everyone knows he wasn't, and pretty much certainly will never be, worth £35 million but it was all inflated because of the Torres deal. To make it seem worth while I always think of it as the sale of Torres and Babel got us Carroll and Suarez (who is definitely worth far more than 22 million).

I agree that we never played 'for' him and there's no chance Rodgers will but toward the end of last season he showed he could get involved with the play far more than he'd shown before (for us anyway). I'd be very disappointed to get rid for a cut-price because as Chelsea proved against Barcelona there's still a need for a plan B with the passing style we look like using.