READ ME!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rob, Nov 3, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Rob

Rob Registered User

READ ME!

Just to let you all know the new rules, any breach of these rules will result in at least a 24-hour ban from the promise message board.

No drug related posts.

No negative criticism of any DJs.

Further more.....

If you feel that a banning is unfair you can register that fact via email or msn messenger to me. Any members who start threads about unfair bannings will receive a ban themselves.

If you have been banned and attempt to access the message board either by using another users account or by signing up for a new account you will have your ban at least doubled.

Read these rules carefully if you wish to be able to post on this board. We will not give you a 2nd chance.

Sorry to be an arse but needs must, hopefully we wont have to ban too many of yall.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. crasherkid

crasherkid Registered User

Re: READ ME!

so if ' MR X DJ' has the worst set of his life... ever @ promise... we have to pretend it was great?... or can we say things about his set to a certain degree?...
  4. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Re: Re: READ ME!

Thats a well good point that.

Im a member of a few message boards and in the time ive used this its been ok - i do joke and people know how to take me which is ok - there is times when there is conflict but i mean it never goes any further than here :spangled: Promise as i club never has any bother with peeps off the board arguin inside so this board has proved to be a success to unite us all as mates !

I dont mean to sound like a cock or anything but saying that no criticism is of any dj's is allowed is a laugh - if ya look in the DJ's / Music threads ya will see many a post about good / bad / unreal sets - this is a clubbing message board therefore people are gonna talk about what they liked / disliked about the night - ive said in the past and the moderators will probably know it that when i talk about a DJ i always say "They are obviusly doing summit right to be a world renowned DJ" which is true - with people clubbing for that long an knowing alot about it then there gonna be :( :( if a DJ has a bad set - Promise is not gonna know who has been a success or a failure if we dont voice our opinios !

I know i may have went on there and to be honest someone is gonna want to ban me - fair play to them - i just thought id say something as it seems everyone is bricking about posting !

Geordie
  5. Damocles

Damocles Registered User

I have to agree with John there. Fair enough you not wanting peeps turning round and saying that DJ's are shit and all that but i think it is a bit off to expect people not to voice there opinions. I believe that people should be able to say what they like aslong as they do it in a suitable manner and not just saying "your shit" about someone.

But apart from that i agree with the rest.
  6. Rob

Rob Registered User

As long as it's not negative it's fine.

An example

Not fine

Dj x played fucking wank last night, I don't know why they ever bother bookin him because my mums a better dj.

Fine

I really didn't like Dj x's set because the track order could of been better.

Is that any help guys?
  7. Rob

Rob Registered User

I did say negative cristism is not allowed, positive is fine.
  8. crasherkid

crasherkid Registered User

yeh that helps rob... so we can give construtive crits
  9. Allie

Allie Registered User

Ok, I'm quite happy to obide by that. Why though? Is this your decision, or has some 'big name' read some negative criticism on here and spat their dummy out?

In my experience, DJs, however 'big' they are, appreciate feedback of all measures, so long as it's constructive, rather than a straight out "xxx is shit"
  10. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

There was a thing where people were just slating a few big name DJs that play at promise... which obviously doesnt look good, so we ve tightened up on it. I think constructive critism when used correctly is the best feedback, even more so than "u were amazing" and i know when peeps listen to my cd, although the mixin i know will be far from perfect, i want to get as much positive critism as possible, to see where im goin right or wrong:)
  11. Allie

Allie Registered User

Exactly. I know plenty big names, or big names to me anyway, that are exactly the same.

I'd just like to give whichever DJs may be reading our criticism the chance of getting an honest opinion, rather than just an arse-licking.
  12. Rob

Rob Registered User

As doggie said, three of our favourite DJs have contacted mark after reading stuff like "DJ X was wank" and one nearly refused to play again.

Any DJ who can't take constructive/positive crits is a big baby but I would be pissed off if peeps just slagged me off so I understand why they were.

Just keep it constructive and nobody will be banning anybody.
  13. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Judhe Jules takes the piss outa himself !

He said when in USA as a joke u could hear the Boo's from states away......

Its not u Rob spitting dummys but cumon there grown blokes man who earn alot of our money - if i buy an item of clothing and im not happy i take it back - if i dont like a DJ ill say so as i wont get a refund will i ???

The Crasher boards rules as bad as it maybe are spot on - they can talk about ANY club in Uk talk bout Dj's being good / bad n that and as many an argument there is its all ok by time they come to going clubbing.
  14. Rob

Rob Registered User

Sorry dood but im sure we are all capable of keeping it constructive and that's the way it's gonna have to be.
  15. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

I need to learn to stop typing so fast too....

Ok then rules are rules :chill:
  16. Rob

Rob Registered User

LOL - Chill Winston :chill:
  17. GeordieLee

GeordieLee Registered User

Fair enuff rules Rob. Nice one! :)
  18. DoctorMick

DoctorMick Registered User

Rules seem fair seeing as we can still voice our views about DJs constructively!

One question tho, if I don't like someones style am I allowed to say that, for example "I won't be going tonight, I don't really like the style Mr X plays!"?
  19. Glitter Angel

Glitter Angel Registered User

i think that should be ok!
  20. chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

Nobody seems to like this Mr X much. Has he played at promise recently?
  21. yelloboy

yelloboy Registered User

What happened to freedom of speech????