Please book more

Discussion in 'Music' started by DJPAUL, Oct 27, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

Please book more

Can promise please book more trance djs!

The past few weeks in promise have shown that trance is not dead and still the main music in clubland 2day!

Matt Hardwicks set last week was one of the best ever in promise and look at how full the club was!

Would like to see, Tiesto, Armin Van buren, Ferry Corsten, Johan Gilen, Lee Foster, Paul Van Dyk, M.I.K.E, and of course MATT HARDWICK! at promise.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. dj tino

dj tino

who said trance was dead!! :eek: :eek:

aye, tiesto pvd and ferry would be nice at promise, pvd obviously is nxt year though innit!! :D :D
  4. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

more trance djs!!!!
  5. rachel

rachel Registered User

yup me strongly agrees wiv that one like if its possible more trance dj's wopuld be mint but there just seems to be so many variations n genres to cater 4 at the moment 2 keep everyone happy n techno seems to be kicking rite off :)mad: ) but more trance dj's if possible would be class it reeli would!!! xxx
  6. DoctorMick

DoctorMick Registered User

Have to agree as well, the trancier (is that a word?!?!?!) nights at Promise are always my favourates but I always seem to miss the best ones! :(
  7. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

if u stick with one genre its better....dont follow dance trends :)
  8. Guest

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: mmmmm
    TRANCE!!!
    :D :D

Attached Files:

9. Congay

Congay Registered User

Are you saying you dont like PARP? :eek:
  10. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

deffo when clubs started to follow the progesive trend clubland went a bit crap, promise got a lot quieter than it is now.

Trance is deffo the best music it always gets the best reaction in promise!
  11. yelloboy

yelloboy Registered User

So narrow minded.
  12. The Don

The Don Registered User

AGREED...

That is the kind of attitude that is killing the scene. Whats wrong with a mix of all types of music in the club? Trance is a very stale sound just now but mixed into a night with a bit of house/techno ect it still uplifts the crowd the way it should.. But a full night of it just becomes annoying...

Why not get Djs who play a diferent style each week. That way you will be exposed to all different sounds and take what you want from a CHOICE of DJs..

If you stick with one type of music eventually you will realise one day you are totally out of touch with the rest of the scene.. YOUR LOSS!!
  13. El Maracca

El Maracca Registered User

you need a main music policy or you will loose the regulars. its as simple as that. just look at cream. no music policy at all. dead. the empire used to now its just all over the place and is now a dying club.
  14. The Don

The Don Registered User

Aye and why not have a policy of diversity..

The music can be different, the DJs can be different.. It keeps it interesting...

You speak of Cream failing because of no music policy.. So how do you explain GC?? Its trance policy didnt work did it..

Inovation is the name of the game...
  15. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

I explain GC because it jumped on the progseive bandwagon! GC was massive in 98 because it was the best trance club in the country! Then it started to book prog dj's eventuly most of the nites were all being played by prog djs's! Promise booked similar sort of dj's.

GC started to go quiet because not many people like prog that was it's downfall.

Promise too was strugling to make money having prog nites but they listened to the clubbers and now have a much better music policy.
  16. The Don

The Don Registered User

Blagh Blagh Blagh....

That old chestnut.. GC put prog DJs on for about 3 months then realised it wasnt working and put on the same line ups they were putting on when it was at its peak...

The fact is the "superclub" had its day. Thats why these clubs failed and the ones who hovered about just below the mark of "superclub" kept going. Its nothing to do with the music. Its the managment of the product that killed off GC and Cream, it became a business and lost touch with its roots which in turn took the charecter out of the clubs.. Making them less appealing to their clubbers..

Some of the best sets I saw and best reactions I saw at GC was when Ashley Cassel did the warm ups... He was magic..

And I was there alot mate through the good and the bad bits...
  17. DJPAUL

DJPAUL Registered User

I agree GC did come a business and concentrate more on big moneyv events. This too caused clubbers to lose interest in it.

I also think putting on prog dj's for a few months caused clubbers to lose interest. Not many people want to listen to a full nite of prog fair enough sum do but not many. If GC had a stuck with trance what it done best i think it would have not dimesed, as well as concentrating more on the club and not big money making events!