pill monkeys??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DJ_Sistm(newbie), Dec 1, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. DJ_Sistm(newbie)

DJ_Sistm(newbie)

pill monkeys??

just so u no this isnt strictly a thread bowt drugs so dont ban me plz :( to the point.

i got the new ministry the other day and it has a feature on a new (?) breed of clubber - the pill monkey. or as theyre known up here - charvas :rolleyes: anyways its goes on about the soundtrack 2 a pill monkeys nite out that includes the likes of flip n fill, scooter, pascal, kelly lorrena etc. it goes on 2 say that the supposed downfall in clubland is only effectin credible nites an ur local ikons, legends etc r boomin. cream n ministryofsound hav already embraced this wif theyre latest compilations n albums like clubland r doin really well. wot im gettin at is that im scared that in a year or so's time nites like promise mite collapse n i'd hav 2 resort 2 listenin 2 dj sammy at ikon on a nite out :eek: :eek: wot ya'll think of this an can sum1 plz put my mind 2 rest!? :eek:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Nass

Nass sound. Staff

Re: pill monkeys??

If people, like I will be, support promise for as long as they can and go as often as they can I'm sure Promise will live on. It's getting itself a really good name.

:groovy:
  4. Chris Fee

Chris Fee Registered User

hey nass your one of those charva's man!!

ha :D :D
  5. Nass

Nass sound. Staff

Hows that? :eek:
  6. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Everyone knows what im like about going to Promise - i say thru the week that i wont be going nor will any of me mates but i always end up there - this weekend with my Girlfriend being up :love: we werent gonna go - however Cassie aint been to Promise alot so i asked if she would like to as we were in town - she accepted and we did - i would say now tho it was one of the worst ive been too - the clubs regs werent there as expected as its Sundis North today and Gatecrasher Yesterday - there was some faces i know but just a totally diferent crowd - not a good night :mad:
  7. johntystar

johntystar Registered User

cheer up mate just think of next week, and the week after:D
  8. WebbA

WebbA Registered User

There'll always be charvas man, guess you have to live with them :s
  9. terresa wood

terresa wood

Re: pill monkeys??

i'll just quote in this one i think....
    wot i'm getting at is...... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p
  10. Chris Fee

it was a joke nass m8!!! :D :D
  11. Allie

Allie Registered User

Nothing's going to collapse, we're just getting what we've wanted since the end of 2000, the 'proper' dance scene going back underground.
    The commercial clubs are going to continue to push the comemrcial sound, and the more acquired tastes are going to continue to go strong, with a more dedicated following. At the end of the day, there's always going to be underground DJs and Promoters looking to put on udnerground nights with udnerground tunes. If one of Newcastle's big nights was to collapse, which I very much doubt, another one's just going to pop up in its place. I think it'll be a long time yet before Foudnation kicks out Shindig and Promise, two of the countries greatest clubs, to incorporate Flip n Fill residencies and Kelly Loreanna live PAs.
  12. Allie

Allie Registered User

Oh, and Nass, Chris is right, you're one of those charvers. I heard you shouting at Fleming, asking him to play 'Heart of Gold!' :p
  13. Chris Fee

LMFAO :D
  14. Nass

Nass sound. Staff

Im going to fucking kick your ass next time i see you bitch! I never asked for that! Fucking scoootaaahh...

'It must be dave..he's on the train...'

Wot a waxin song.
  15. Allie

Allie Registered User

You reckon?
    I totally agree that Shindig is definately one of the best House nights in the country atm, maybe even THE best, and Promise, ever growing, is, as Fleming says, "The best kept secret in the UK", but even these started as just ideas. There are hundreds of promoters that would give their right arm to be in the position Promise is at the moment, and if Promise were to collapse (which, of course, we don't want to happen), I'm sure one of these ideas would then gain more realism, and eventually, something would evolve and grow. Would it have as big a following as Promise? WOuld it have the same atmosphere as Promise? Who knows, but a weekly Friday night slot, 10-3 @ Foundation would be snapped up in a flash!
  16. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

I know we're not meant to speak about drugs, but I'm not promoting them in any shape or form...

But....

Does anyone think that drugs have a big effect on UK Clubland, for example Doves were the first strong mass pills in the UK with the introduction of them the rave scene exploded, the summer of love... the next big pill was Mitzi's and crasher/superclubs took off - ressurecting clubland from its slump... Now as the trend always goes - clubland is slumping again...

It's a sad fact but I reckon when the next "super pills" are created clubland will pick up again...
  17. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

Mark Senior from Liquid ?

The Spence
  18. Allie

Allie Registered User

Well ok, you obviously know better than me, but something smimilar would pop up in its place. As I say, probably not as big, but it'd grow.
  19. CLARKi

CLARKi Registered User

I think that all of you should stop being such arrogant twats! nobody forces you to listen to heart of gold on the radio!
    fair-dos youre restricted with what you listen to on the radio and television because of the "underground" nature of the music you listen to but if ya mum listened too it it wouldnt be as cool would it!

commercial dance :D

as for calling charvas pill monkeys - thats a generalisation
    how would you like it if they said everyone who listened to underground trance was ket-hed cyber