Passports will be needed to buy mobile phones

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rossy, Oct 20, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Passports will be needed to buy mobile phones

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article4969312.ece

Just how long before people can view the ******** without a valid account I wonder???
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

4. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

it was what 'behind the bike shed' was originally called :dunce:
  5. Ferox

Ferox Shamanic Tea

Been done in Australia since I've been here. Bought my phone in cash then registered it online with a fake passport number - worked fine.

Very much doubt that they could implement a requirement that every outlet in the UK (online retailers, second hand shops etc) which sells phones ask for personal details. What about all these cheap SIM cards you can pick up everywhere?

If the government think that this is gonna stop a few terrorists from talking to one another and stop a bunch of dealers from shifting some gear they are wrong - people will just find other (and more sophisticated) ways to communicate.
  6. forks

forks still not dead

but doing that has turned you into a criminal for doing something that shouldn't be a crime.
    These laws will not stop a single terrorist but just provide a little bit more bureaucratic bullshit to make everyone's life just that little bit less free and put up government spending.
  7. Congay

Congay Registered User

theres me off to woollys to buy up all there £10 Nokias tomo.

this would take years to come in dont mean much to any of us, can u imagine them trying to get details from 80 yr old existing customers, just more fucking Nazism from The Company and there mindless drone like militia (The Police).

Everyone knows (except the sand lovers) not to talk on the phone and as for text tee hee hee, Soca can track you using yr phone without a warrant and iv no doubt the local cid have handheld scanners to detect any mobile signal in a house (esp. if Bluetooth is on kids).

Iv used Orange many times and yr supposed to register them I feel sorry for the poor bloke I keep using for my address imagine his junkmail, bless him.

I bought a Harddisk recorder at the weekend and they said I had to register it for TV licensing reasons (even tho i could just be using to record home videos) so I gave his address as well for that :lol:

There will be some sort of registration brought in in time like the poor pigs cant keep up bless em but their will always be ways around whatever it is the criminals are cleverer then the authorities and they know it thats why they have brought in 2000 new laws, look what they have done on the Reese Jones murder in Liverpool the dirty fuckers have bugged the wifes homes and phones and now all of a sudden it can be used in court, 3 years ago it would be inadmissible, someone spouting off some bravado can now get them life in jail. three words

FUCK THE POLICE
  8. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

Hopefully a recession might mean cutbacks on allowing them to be a bunch of fucking knobs.
  9. tizza2k

tizza2k Watch this ere.

new world order is it
  10. ManofScience

ManofScience Guest

don't get me started...

well.. ok - i've started on this - see other rant/thread
  11. forks

forks still not dead

there's a lot more of this to come...... no anonymity on forums like this, every email and web page recorded, all car journeys logged by number plate cameras, cctv on every corner, ID cards, random stop and search, trials without juries, 6 weeks detention without trail or charge, and whatever they dream up next.
    but never mind because we'll be safe......
    and if MoS you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.....
    and the government is only trying to save you from the nasty people who lurk round every corner
  12. danny_m

danny_m Papa Toon

Not like you to have a whinge at the government, Rossy....
  13. Mad4it

Mad4it Faster than a cannonball

Best bit is, It's just going to make mobile phone theft a more attractive proposition for all the crims out there.
  14. David Lee

David Lee Dexter's Apprentice

Honestly .. this country is a joke .
  15. Congay

Congay Registered User

apparently you need a passport to buy a sim card in India, all of the terrorists aquired mobiles with indian sims after they got of their boats. proof this is a bit pointless to stop crime and terrorism?
  16. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

They are trying to protect us from people like us.