Panic Attacks

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J, Sep 26, 2007.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. J

J Mummy To A Baby Boy

Panic Attacks

Any of you lot suffered from them?

:evil:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. *Rachel*

*Rachel* formerly racheismad4it

i used to get them. absolutely horrible :( wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy
  4. J

J Mummy To A Baby Boy

Ive had them about a year now but we have no idea whats causing them im just waiting to see a CBT therapist see if that helps as all else has failed :rolleyes:
  5. *Rachel*

*Rachel* formerly racheismad4it

do they just come out of nowhere?

i only had a few of them, and that was enough to last me a lifetime :(
  6. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

lay off the cowies eh
  7. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

About 18 months ago i seemed to get wierd Anxiety attacks when i was out and about on a weekend - I was smoking a bit at the time which didnt help, but apart from that i had no clue at all why i suddenly felt totally on edge.

..... as with many things, reading up on CBT funnily enough, and tracking back to other things going on that i needed to get a handle on (not cowie related :lol: ) solved that.

I cant believe i ever went through that period now (lasted a month or so)
  8. nouvelle fille

nouvelle fille Registered User

yeah, i had always been very skeptical of so called panic attacks until i had one myself ...(not long after lucy was born) ..... my hubby telling me to "just bloody calm down, you're doing it to yourself, winding yourself up" didn't help. I think it was down to stress, extra responsibility and lack of sleep. It was nasty and there isn't an instant cure from the doc, you really do just have to work through learning to deal with things that are causing the attacks in a different way.

I've not had a one for a long time now, so hopefully you'll be back to normal soon x
  9. J

J Mummy To A Baby Boy

I dont even take them you tool!!! :p

Yeah they just come out of no where!! although i had my first when i was with my bro in law at a bus stop so now they primarily happen on buses, bus stops or if im with him or when im on Northumberland Street
  10. J

J Mummy To A Baby Boy

Thats it ive managed to get to the stage where i can calm myself down on them but ive had some really bad ones which I had to go to A+E for as my heart beat was at 145 bpm!!!

Suppose il just keep plodding along lol

Obviously it helped you the CBT it is can you give me any helpful hints?
  11. BRID

WOW - my last ever one was at a bus stop. I couldnt handle the idea of waiting for a bus so rather than wait the 15 minutes for one i marched all the way home instead of doing what i set out to do.

It was like i couldnt stand the idea of not being able to go from task to task to task. But when i was back home, or even at work i was TOTALLY ok.

Alot of it was down to just being run down from the routine and stress of work and stuff - i was finding it hard to just relax and chill out.
  12. BRID

For me it was just a case of sitting down and actually working out my aims and thoughts as a person with regards to my job and life and everything really .... I was going through alot of stress at the time (I was the sole programmer on the website for a major bank website for their insurance division) was heaped on my shoulders and all i was doing was work, or thinking about it.

..... It was more of a case of working on the core problems, than thinking about dealing with day to day worries. For me personally i just decided a change of job was what i needed - Theres more to life than running yourself down to make someone a profit ;)
  13. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

doctor was blatantly a hard house dj
  14. J

J Mummy To A Baby Boy

I do tend to over work myself mean ive 3 jobs now aswell as Uni :( but ive set aside one day where i can do stuff to chill out

Ive been reading that you can mimic certain aspects of them i.e if you feel one coming on job on the spot to get your heart racing so it mimics on of they main symptoms
  15. BRID

The good thing is that from what youve said it sounds more stress related than anything else.

Im no psychologist though.
  16. J

J Mummy To A Baby Boy

Could be but i dont feel stressed at all infact im probably more happier now than ive ever been in terms of my lifestyle

Unless since having my 1st one last year im assuming every time im on a bus / bus stop im going to have one or maybe im going off on a tangent

Could be stress over working myself
  17. Paul Tyson

Paul Tyson Registered User

I used to get them a couple of years ago from really over doing the rave. Went to the doctors and had to take a week off work to get my head together. I wouldnt wish it upon anyone. Its really hard to describe the feeling, just pure terror. Was my own fault though so i probably deserved it..great :(
  18. J

J Mummy To A Baby Boy

Aye there not nice at all most the time I can cope well with them im on these daft tablets to help with the main symptoms but im wanting off them which is why im trying to get as much info off other people
  19. BRID

what tablets are you on - paroxatine/paxil ?
  20. J

J Mummy To A Baby Boy

Im on Citalopram its a mild anti depressant but is also used to help those with panic attacks!! theyve worked slightly but im not convinced there for me reckon i could find other ways to get over them
  21. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

panic attacks are for the weak

its all about sleep paralysis