ne1 else gettin bored with trance/hard trance??

Discussion in 'Music' started by bellini, Jun 18, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. bellini

bellini

ne1 else gettin bored with trance/hard trance??

its all startin2 sound a bit boring n samey2 me! im really startin2 get in2 funky stuff n theres sum class prog out there now as well i reckon!trance doesnt seem2 b goin anywhere any more....but theres loaadsa new funky n prog things that just sound sooo good!

ne1 with me??

:)
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

?!?

try http://www.babooshka.com don't let the door hit your arse on the way out :p

I still likes trance, still love hard trance and still get off on hard beats :D

I love funky (specially the softer stuff) in my bedroom, but in a club I need summit with a little more umph :D

Theres loadsa new funky stuff I agree... but prog?!?!?!? Now that all sounds samish... it used to have a huge variety but now most the new records are samish and boring :D
  4. Guest

Re: ne1 else gettin bored with trance/hard trance??

definatly not

In trance we trust
  5. Rozz

Rozz Registered User

I think trance and hard trance is going to new lengths. To appreciate this you have to be a true trance lover!!!!!!!!! Like myself.
    I'm not particularly struck on funky and proggy. I love trance, especially the harder stuff.
    It certainly isnt getting boring.
  6. spud693

spud693 Registered User

Trance rules... Nuff said.

But anyway... i sure as hell aint gettin bored of it!

:D
  7. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

I got bored of floaty trance in '99! Some hard trance is great though. Getting well into my funky tribally hard house at the moment, Trade stylee (check out Trade EP 2 by Lisa German and EJ Doubell).
  8. Damocles

Damocles Registered User

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

NO
  9. Guest

bored with trance, DEFO NOT!!!:D
    bored with hard trance DEFO NOT!!:D

you cant get enough!
  10. ant

ant

To be completely honest i am getting very bored with it. I prefer house music and that is why i spent all night upstairs the other week.
    I used to love the hard music scene but with it coming nearer to summer i would rather listen to something a bit funky like Yousef or Lottie
  11. bellini

bellini

*phew!* gud2 knw theres at least1 otha person! :D i dont not like trancey stuff...theres just stuff i thinx better now!

+ prog doesnt hav2 b crap n boring! Fused - 'Terror (Max Reich Mix)' (Illustrious) for example +funky doesnt av2 b stuck up King Unique - 'Sugar High' (Junior) for example!tis like an updated version of coatnoise!

must b me old age now iv turned in2 a man! ;)
  12. Sweeney

Sweeney Registered User

I still love my trance as much as the first time I set my lil' ears on the stuff. I know eventually I will grow out of it and move onto the funkier, housey side of things as its just a natural evolution of tastes. But until that day comes Im loving every minute of trance/hard trance/hard house/techno and all the rest of the million or so sub-genres :D

I do like funky house especially the harder stuff (see Tidy Trax Disco Damaged) but as Joe says I couldnt go for a night out to it, its all about hard beats for me in that department :D :D

:cool:
  13. Lee Foster

Lee Foster Dark Magician of Chaos

Look harder...

I could never get bored with quality hard trance, trance or any other style or genre that was well produced and imaginatively arranged.

Some of the more commercial releases are run of the mill, but hey, that’s mainstream music for you. Top notch underground trance is around, if you look for it.

Lee :)
  14. cyberted

cyberted Registered User

working @ the blue corner drop in and say hello!
    Re: Re: ne1 else gettin bored with trance/hard trance??

here here

In trance we trust

:)
  15. bananaman

bananaman

Trance can be good, but I do get bored with it very quickly and easily!
  16. fizz

fizz Registered User

hmmmm everyone who knows me knows my view on this!

people get bored with repetition. Thats all it boils down to.
    trance has many sub genres now. floaty trance is dying due to producers not being able to create anything different and unique. Most new floaty trance productions have almost the same patterns and use very similar synths. Theres been many times i have heard a tune and thought it was a totally different tune to what it was. New sounds and synths arent being created, and if something new is produced it sounds like a bloody ending tune to an arcade game!

Hard Trance is newer, but the same is happening to hard trance as floaty. IF a tune isnt on overdose records nobody wants to know...they have the sound sorted!!!

Tech Trance - a little different but using that techno sound as an influence which can be very repetitive!

then theres techno, which also has many sub genres but still VERY repetitive!

everyone goes on about how bored they get when listening to picotto play etc....

the thing is, like i said, everyone gets bored with repetition, it just depends on the style of music you like and how creative the producer is. Being different works!!

Im fed up of trance, and i enjoy techno, but thats so repetitive so how come i enjoy it? Because any new sound can be added to it and it creates something unique, you can never run out of samples, synths or sounds.... trance is running out of ideas on how to apply new sounds, but you cant change the trance sound!

plus trance is drug fuelled...... i think people are looking for something different........ rather than the usual:

take drugs,get high, listen to trance, hands in the air, float around for a bit, go home wasted.
    take drugs,get high, listen to trance, hands in the air, float around for a bit, go home wasted.

a bit repetitive dont you think???

wonder what new drug is on the menu?

these are just my thoughts....my opinions .. please done shout at me ;) lol
  17. Guest

u cant say shit like that fizz trance does more stuff than what techno does trance breaks down more changes pitch. Techno might be hard as fuck and class but its the most repetative outa all the dane music gendres
  18. ant

ant

Well said fizz. Everthing you said made sense and i agree with all of your views. Give yourself a pat on the back mate:p
  19. fizz

fizz Registered User

if u noticed mate i admitted techno IS the most repetitive!!!
    but what im saying is theres nothing much more can be done with trance - people are running out of ideas and sounds. Most trance tunes coming out now just have the same usual patterns and synths just varied in some ways - not much different. And this is causing the trance boredome effect (talking strictly about floaty trance here mind) and thats why people are looking towards something more harder for influence, ie hard trance and tech trance.

but what i do know is that techno has been there from the start!!!
    along with house!

chicago house and detroit techno!!!!

neither has died!!

all im saying is will trance last it??

we have both sides of the argument -
    1. some people are now admitting that they are getting a bit bored of the usual trance sound.
    2. now we have some admitting they are starting to get bored with the hard trance sound
    3. people are moaning that the tech trance sound is just boring!

can we win??? NO!!!
    this is all cos of repetition!!!! BUT the fact remains that DANCE MUSIC is built on REPETITIVE BEATS!!! so why moan? why get bored? if people are so bored why listen to dance music!!

-----------sorry but i think i got to my point now!

i enjoy all aspects of dance music.....not just one genre.
    its all repetitive beats, repititions with a twist - and i LOVE IT!

thats why i enjoy techno!
  20. fizz

fizz Registered User

hehe cheers mate.
  21. Guest

we can argue all this till we are blue in the face and not be any further along but ure right in saying it has been around longer but its just the way that trance is expanding so quickly i wonder if techno is being left under the rug a bit incase it all falls apart.