My DJ set and videos from We Love… Space 5th July

Discussion in 'DJ Mixes' started by absolutemoron, Jul 16, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. absolutemoron

absolutemoron

My DJ set and videos from We Love… Space 5th July

You may (or may not!) be interested to know that I made my We Love… Space DJ debut on 5th July. It was much fun, and I recorded my set for your listening pleasure! I recently had a good dig through the crates as part of a record clearout, as a result there were a few oldies but (relatively unsung) goodies in my set. Clicking the banner below will take you through to the We Love DJ mixes page – scroll down to ‘L’ to download my mix (there are lots of other good mixes on there too from the likes of Greg Wilson, Ralph Lawson and James Zabiela too).

[​IMG]

Tracklisting:

Malcolm Charles – Spit Shine My Shoes [Greenskeepers]
    Recloose – Cardiology (Isolée Mix) [Playhouse]
    Moodymann – Freeki MF [KDJ]
    Induceve – Papillon [Classic]
    Marco De Souza – Step Over (Solid Groove Remix) [Freerange]
    DJ Rasoul - Kik Dat Shit [Camouflage]
    Rob Mello – In Da Bush (No Ears Dub) [Classic]
    Kerri Chandler – Return To Acid [Large]
    Radio Slave – RJ [Running Back]
    Will Saul – 3000AD (I:Cube Remix) [Simple]
    Rhythm & Sound ft. Paul St. Hilaire – Free For All (Sound Stream Remix) [Burial Mix]
    Pezzner – Brooklyn New York (Justin Martin Remix) [Freerange]
    Omar S – Day [FXHE]
    Pitto – Feelin’ [Rejected]
    Aaron Carl – Wallshaker [Millions Of Moments]
    Sound Stream – Rainmaker [Sound Stream]
    Livio & Roby with George G – Grand Final [Fumakilla]
    DJ Sneak – All Over (My Face)! [Downtown 161]
    Joris Voorn – Sweep The Floor [Rejected]
    Yo Majesty – Don’t Let Go (Radio Slave Remix) [Domino]
    &Me – F.I.R. [Keinemusik]
    Teddy Douglas – Bombelaya [Basement Boys]
    Michel Cleis – La Mezcla [Cadenza]
    Jesse Rose – Sticks & Stones [Dubsided]

I was also interviewed for We Love’s online TV program, here are the links!

[ame="http://vimeo.com/5495586"]We Love... Space, Sunday 5th July 2009 on Vimeo[/ame] (5 min video with me, Simon Baker, Smokin' Jo & The Juan MacLean)
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/5544719"]We Love... Ibiza 2009 Episode 4 - Part 1 on Vimeo[/ame] (10 min video bigging up We Love’s remix comp with Ralph Lawson & Smokin’ Jo)
    [ame="http://vimeo.com/5546722"]We Love... Ibiza 2009 Episode 4 - Part 2 on Vimeo[/ame] (10 min video talking about my role working for We Love, plus some amazing footage of Jeff Mills in the main room!)

Cheers, Leo xx
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

4. absolute moron

absolute moron

"You have been banned for the following reason:
    Repeated spamming and bumping of own threads
    Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

I apologise for starting this thread in the Music forum, I realise I should have posted in the 'Mixes' forum. I also apologise for bumping previous threads, I was unaware it was such an issue. I didn't notice any PMs warning me against doing this (they may have existed, but I genuinely didn't notice them).

As for spamming, apart from my infraction of posting a mix in 'Music' rather than 'Mixes' (hardly seems like crime of the century), I fail to see how posting links to mixes maybe once per year, and once posting links to records for sale in the 'Marketplace' (strange, I'd have sworn that is the exact purpose for that board: "Sell, buy, and advertise all your LEGAL bits and bobs here.") constitutes spamming.

I have come back on as your instant ban denied me any right to reply. A simple reply to this thread would have sufficed in getting your message across. As admin on this board, I haven't intended to disrepect you, this message board, or indeed any others I am registered on. But I do disagree with your actions in this case, I feel they are fairly undignified: out of respect I shall keep my full feelings about it to myself.

Having said my piece, I shall take my leave. I have got your message loud and clear - feel free to ban me on this login too, as I won't be returning. It's a shame your 'ability to create a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere in any venue' has not translated to the virtual world.

Enjoy your life :)
  5. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

some class tunes in that mix , any chance of a link that you dont have to register for?

cheers
  6. adam.

adam. kthxbi

hes not gona answer, hes been banned :lol:
  7. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

You haven't been banned for posting your mix in the wrong forum.

You were banned because haven't contributed anything to this board since you joined. Everyone else on here is quite happy to kick back, post about life, as well post about the events they are promoting and the stuff they are doing. All you have ever done is post your own PR stuff/notices and bump it when it doesn't gain attention or feedback.

The whole purpose of this board is to provide somewhere for people to find out what's going on in the North East, and for people to discuss whatever's on their mind.

Whilst I have no problem with national promoters and DJs using this place to advertise their various events, I don't expect them to bump their own threads over everyone elses.

When posts from national promoters and DJs are getting bumped to the top of the page over genuine threads from local events, producers, DJs and nights, this message board becomes cluttered and pointless. Hence why the mods dish out infractions for repeat offenders.

I can appreciate you're a DJ trying to get some free PR for yourself, but at the end of the day this board isn't a free meal - I pay to run it.

The infraction system is a warning - you get 3 of them and you're out. Anyone can appeal against them if they think they've been wrongly handed out, and whilst this board isn't a democracy, I'm always prepared to listen.

I can see you've only had the one infraction. However I can also see from looking at all of your posts that you have never contributed anything to this place and are unlikely to do so apart from furthering your own agenda.

If you think you've been hard-done by and I've got you all wrong, PM me and I'll reset your account.
  8. RobBrown

RobBrown Registered User

your like hitler........what`s the big deal with someone promoting music on a messageboard ?, whether they write stuff on here all the time or not is irrelevant,,, trys to be to many uneccesary fickle issues in music with what and how other people do things........music is music....all about the party and the Rock and Roll

to many bullshit rules, the romans have left the building

cheers
    :cool2:
  9. Jase

Jase Blue Booked

10. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

The point dear Rob, was explained above, but you seem to have missed it as per usual. It wasn't that the bloke above doesn't post regularly enough, but that he only uses the board to advertise himself.

Comparisons to Hitler are a bit harsh, and maybe a touch on the tasteless side...

There aren't "too many bullshit rules", unless you feel "no racism, no homophobia, no bumping threads to hell or doing anything illegal" doesn't give you enough freedom. Most people would agree on here that they're fairly sensible.

Outside of those rules people on here can do whatever they want (including taking swipes at me if they feel the need to).

Take a look on google for this guy and others like him (emporiumpromotions, crazyclubber66, thesyndicate being examples). They use free message boards like this one (and matt hardwick's, godskitchen's, and others) to relentlessly push their own events, productions, and campaigns. They post across multiple boards, bumping their own threads to make sure they stay top of the pile and gain the most attention.

Say want you want, but since MoS and I took over the running of this board in Feb, we've had complaints about this practice and I feel enough is enough, especially when local nights/labels aren't getting the coverage in the events/music areas. What is the point in a locally orientated message board when national promoters/DJs spam it to fuck?

The person above in this case has never once posted anything about the scene in Newcastle or even the North East. If you read his Bio (and if its complete and accurate) it looks like he's never played a venue north of Leeds. Hell, it took him getting banned just to get him to post about anything other than himself.

Tell you what - If people on here feel I'm doing it wrong, tell me so via the FAO forum. The rules will get changed if enough people disagree with them.
  11. RobBrown

RobBrown Registered User

I stand by what i said,

it`s a public messageboard, what`s the big deal with somoneone promoting music for other people to listen to,......whether they`re local,play at local nights...talke much on here...what`s that got to do with anything ? ,

the music`s global !!

cheers
  12. French William

French William _________________

Total shit craic that. He's bumped a couple of his own mixes and a thread selling some tunes.

How can he be accused of spamming a board with a total of 13 posts?!

Fair enough you pay for the board, so it's up to you, but there are more ways of contributing than "kicking back and posting about life", surely his mixes are a contribution? I couldn't give a toss what 90% of the board members have to post about their life, but I often download stuff from the mixes section, and Leo's mixes are always spot on.
  13. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

FW - you have a fair point. I wouldn't have a problem if he'd posted 13 mixes himself, but instead he's posted 3 mixes and then bumped them several times when he's got nothing back.

Maybe in future if you like his stuff, you should tell him by replying. It's not easy for me to determine what might be of interest to the crowd on here and what might be meaningless spam when noone comments on a promoter or DJs work when it's posted. I'm not telepathic and neither are they.

I find it ironic that this guy hasn't got any feedback whatsoever from anyone on this board on his mixes until he gets banned (and that he wouldn't be bumping his threads if the people who liked his work told him so).

I'll unban him (and he'll get an apology via PM). As long as he posts within the rules like everyone else, he's free to stay.
  14. RobBrown

RobBrown Registered User

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc7HmhrgTuQ"]YouTube - What Have The Romans...[/ame]

cheers
  15. graham

graham Registered User

I personally think Conway's posts in here have been on the button tbh. This lad isnt nearly as bad as some, though the likes of crazyclubber et al are fucking terrible when they come on and stick about 5/6 threads up in one go, then keep on bumping them until the event has passed.

I appreciate only too well how difficult promoting events is these days, though their time would be best served promoting it to people who have a chance of going, through either being local to the event in question or sites where the favored style in music is what is on offer at the event.

They offer fuck all to the board aside from pissing off the other board members with the volume of shite events that they are shamelessly pushing, clogging up the forums and knocking other local events further down the pages.

As for promoting mixes, then i think the mixes section is the least policed of all the forums? I cant remember one person getting banned for sticking their own mixes in there, even if thats the only time they post. You will always get that - and that isnt a bad thing, like FW said i also regularly download mixes from board members from there, some from local DJ's and others too - so long may that continue.

On that note and back to the topic, i downloaded this one the other day as its a canny tracky. Will post back once i have had a listen ;)
  16. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

either way, can i get a link to that mix
  17. graham

graham Registered User

:lol:

Just sign up man, only takes about 20 seconds? :wink:
  18. Allie

Allie Registered User

ha, gutted leo got banned. if it makes any difference like, he's sound, one of the original chibuku lads :up:

that tracklist looks cracking too :cool2:
  19. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

he's unbanned now.

who's been fucking about with the tags? :lol:
  20. RobBrown

RobBrown Registered User

[​IMG]
  21. graham

graham Registered User

Well done. 206 posts and still no banter.

Cheers
  22. French William

French William _________________