mayweather vs marquez

Discussion in 'Sport' started by wallyjumblat, Sep 21, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. wallyjumblat

wallyjumblat Registered User

mayweather vs marquez

total let down imo

mayweather was to big and quick , he had marquez down in the second but credit to him the kid kept going all the way through without ever looking like getting into the fight mind .

mayweather ran the show and needs challenged , pacman maybe too small for him mosely certainly looked like he was wanting a go and tbh may have the size advantage .... the weight could be the key if maywether comes down to fight manny then manny has a hell of a chance id love to see it like .
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

I think Marquez was hard done by imo, the replays & match commentary were terrible, they never played any of the Marquez highlights. He did really well I thought, granted he got put down in the 2nd round but there was times I thought he was all over Mayweather.

Having said that Mayweather is a different class. Such a patient fighter that just picks off his opponent throughout the rounds until he starts to take his toll on them, whilst making the whole thing look effortless.

I have to take my hat off to him also, he was fined $600,000 for being 2lb over the agreed weight, then came out after the fight to say he wasn't too bothered about the money, it was about proving a point. Unreal.
  4. Doug

Doug

don't kno what fight you were watching? the score cards were 120-107, 119 - 108 and summit similar cant remember, thats winning virtually every round

was totally dominated and picking him off for fun. marquez only hit him wiv 2 clean shots in the whole fight, mayweathers just t0o good, especially against a blown up welter, marquez has no business in that division really.

the only person who i could see troubling mayweather is paul williams if he came back down to welter, other than that he's head and shoulders above any one else
  5. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

5th round onwards Marquez was quality, Mayweather took a few more than 2 clean punches in the fight I was watching, it was only up until round 9/10 he started to pick him off with ease again. The fight was already won from the start in the commentators eyes, Sky were terrible, only ever showing when Mayweather landed clean punches.
  6. MAXIMAL:

MAXIMAL: Registered User

I have to agree with Doug like, watched the whole fight sunday morning when it was replayed and Mayweather had him in his pocket the whole fight. the only 2 clean shots Marquez landed he got put on his arse after the first shot and the 2nd time Mayweather was on the ropes and Marquez landed a clean one to his face but Mayweather hit him with a clean shot also, then the follow up from Marquez was smothered by mayweather and the danger was gone.

Other than those 2 times he never really done anything to trouble him, when he was hittin mayweather with body shots mayweather was toyin with him and takin the piss.

Lookin forward to his next fight. will be interesting to see how the pacman camp have reacted to his performance.
  7. TheSpence

TheSpence Registered User

The Mexican could hardly hit him.

The interview at the end of the fight where the chap from HBO likes to hear his own voice was a crease & Mosley camp started giving it large did them daft cunts not know that the The Cerebral Assassin/The King of Kings/The Game was ringside with Money the lads were only seconds away from getting the Pedigree.
  8. Micko_Harriso

Micko_Harriso Say Energy!!

I got the impression Mayweather could have finished it at any time. His hand speed after that amount of time out of the ring is still unreal
  9. graham

graham Registered User

Got this recorded on sky + and watched it last night though only the first 6 rounds had recorded, from what i saw though it was all Mayweather. Marquez had no answer to his left and he was picking him off at will, his speed was immense and the only clean shot that i saw Marquez land resulted in him picking himself up off the floor seconds later.

He dominated Marquez, something that Pacquiao failed to do and he went 24 rounds with him before winning the rematch on points. Would love to see that fight happen though would have Floyd as favourite personally, though it would be good to see someone who can push him harder than Marquez and Hatton have done, i think the only person that i can think has come close to beating Floyd has been De la Hoya?

Looking forward to Pacquiao fighting in November and then would fully expect a fight between these two next year, both fighters want to fight the best and its the one that everyone wants to see and will give them the biggest pay day.
  10. Doug

Doug

i think it was hopkins that instigated the moseley thing, he was in there getting his £2.50's worth in! ranting loads of shit like he always does.

he's an absolute knobhead
  11. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

I'd love to see Mayweather vs Pacquiao, tbh that's all the boxing world want to see.

I couldn't tell you who'd win either, i think Mayweather through pure class, but Pacquiao is incredibly fast, and tough which means it might go the distance, then who'd win on points?