Kiddstock Spotlight #2 - Tatanka: Exclusive Interview!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by AKHQ, Aug 4, 2008.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. AKHQ

AKHQ

Kiddstock Spotlight #2 - Tatanka: Exclusive Interview!!

[​IMG]

Kiddstock Spotlight #2
    Tatanka

[​IMG]

The word 'Tatanka' is a native American term meaning 'bison'. Watching DJ Tatanka, the Italian hardstyle veteran behind the decks, you'll soon understand why his name suits so well!
    His relentless, high energy performances showcase the very best of European hardstyle and will no doubt leave you breathless!
    Ahead of Tatanka's north east exclusive at Kiddstock, check out this exclusive interview with the man himself..

As just one of the bevy of International artists headlining Kiddstock 08, what can we expect from Tatanka?

Because I’m always giving 200% when I’m performing, you can expect a rumbling dj set

Have you played in the UK before? If so, which have been your favourite gigs and what made them so memorable?

Yes, I’ve played before in the UK. It was at Evolution, Cardiff. Nice club, nice people and a good atmosphere...

[​IMG]

Italy has a massive hardstyle scene. How does it compare to the UK and elsewhere in Europe?

I think that in Italy it’s a little bit the same as in the UK. Hardstyle is still a bit underground there, with a select amount of people who go for that kind of music!
    As I compare this with for example Holland, it’s really different.
    The scene in Holland has a lot of hardstyle minded people, there are every weekend several party’s to go to, with artists who are on top of the scene! I think hardstyle is in no other country in Europe that big, but when I’m performing in another country, I see that the people who come for the music are enjoying themselves 200%, dancing and making party, most probably because there are not partys every week.

[​IMG]

Which DJ’s and artists are an inspiration to you and why?

I got largest part of inspirations from everyday's things and music... and it's not new for me to get inspired from those things to make my tracks ;)
    It’s hard to mention names.
    I think that almost every producer has his own strengths and weaknesses and I have respect for every artist in the scene. But if I have to mention 1 name, it will be Zenith. This guy is f*cking brilliant in the studio and besides that a good friend of mine, we have so much fun together. Sometimes when we play together at a party, he do the first couple of hours. He can built up the evening in a way nobody else can, after he is finished, the atmosphere is so good, the crowd is totally wild and ready to go on for hours in the right way!!

If you could work in the future with any artist who would it be and why?

If we're talking about every artists I would like to do something with The Chemical Brothers hehe...
    But concerning hardstyle I think it will be nice to do a project together with Noisecontrollers. Those guys are one of the fastest rising stars in the hardstyle scene. Their idea’s are really refreshing and I think together we can make good music and off course have a lot of fun in the studio.
    At the moment I’m also involved into some projects with artists I’ve worked before with... like Zany, Headhunterz and of course my mate Zatox.

What have you got in the pipeline for 2008 and what should we be looking out for from Tatanka in the future?

You can expect a lot for 2008. I’m working on several new tracks together with some friend dj’s. They are not totally finished yet, but I’m already satisfied about the result. I'm also working on a new “Tatanka” solo project. So I have a lot of work to do!

Check out the Kiddstock website!! >> http://www.kiddstock.com

[​IMG]

Check out Tatanka’s Official Myspace! >> http://www.myspace.com/tatankadj
  2. 1615634792921.png