Jules @ Magna 7

Discussion in 'Music' started by MartsKitchen, Aug 18, 2003.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. MartsKitchen

MartsKitchen Registered User

Jules @ Magna 7

This'll be interesting to see jules doin a hard set. What kinda style do u think he'll play? Hard trance, hard house, nrg or more techy style?
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Þ€tè®*

Þ€tè®* Registered User

Re: Jules @ Magna 7

he will play whatever he wants lol
  4. fiddla

fiddla Retired

as long as he dosent mix any vocally or charty tunes in he shud be canny !!

...fidds...
  5. Cookee

Cookee Registered User

Cheese, probs, as per usual! :p Dont like Jules. :evil:
  6. crasherkid

crasherkid Registered User

jules has played @ sundissential..
  7. Cookee

Cookee Registered User

how was he? i jus cant bring myself to like him.:evil: :p
  8. illuminous_alex

illuminous_alex Registered User

ive seen van dyk and jules at sundiss' it means nothing, cos it was a trance club back then.

jules can play reasonably hard when he attempts to play techno, i expect thats what he will do at manga. he will still be shite.
  9. MK X

MK X Registered User

AGREED!!!, he's been goin down hill rapidly, latley!!! :confused:
    and for some on who i used to look up to!!!
  10. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

Agreed:)
  11. martster

martster

indeed
  12. DominicX

DominicX Registered User

Checking out the latest Now! Dance and/or Pepsi Dance CD will give you some idea.
  13. crasherkid

crasherkid Registered User

shhh.. enough of the same old tired jules bashing/bumming...

you either love or hate him.

and rachel will be on soon. :eek:
  14. rachel

rachel Registered User

obviously not u penis :rolleyes:

aarrgghh that wasnt meant 4 u crasherkid was meant 4 that person before u :evil: lol at pshycic (know thats spelt wrong lol!!) you!! and here i am lol!!! xxxx

*edits post yet again* !!!
    and anyways jules has played hundreads of hard sets this is hardly anythink new!! xxx
  15. El Maracca

El Maracca Registered User

Re: Re: Jules @ Magna 7

you have no idea what you are talking about. go away
  16. DominicX

DominicX Registered User

Re: Re: Re: Jules @ Magna 7

It was said tongue in cheek - I've seen him too many times (for me), each being very commercial.

I express my deepest apologies for harbouring a different opinion to you though ;)
  17. rachel

rachel Registered User

obviously u havent seen him enought times then or anytime particularly recently as he blatently aint comercial at all, no more than the majority of other trance/hard trance dj's (am not categorising jules in any of those musical genres there, am merely using it to make a point.) yeah he'll play a few of the tunes that are big at the mo and a few that are up and coming big tunes but dont at least 50-75% of the dj's out there...??!! :rolleyes: xxxx
  18. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

The real reason that people don't like Jules sets is that he plays alot of different styles of music, although this can be good when done properly he dosn't really build his sets well at times, for instance he plays the Trance Generators mix of Radium - back again for bang as his first tune alot which is a very hard trance tune, he'll then mix something like Plummet - Damaged into that.
    Alot of people dont really like this as there isn't a great flow to his sets like Tiesto etc. Eddie Halliwell is also like that but dosen't seem to get as much stick as Jules does fot it. Jules can be fucking excellent at times but alot of the times when he plays he looks uninterested which is a shame,as he is really good when he is on form.

I'm not sticking up for any1 on this thread and I think some of the comments have been a bit harsh. I quite like Jules at times and I think he's made a good move by starting to play more funky sets as he's not really in touch with what the crowds want trance-wise.
  19. rachel

rachel Registered User

two things tho:-

numeral uno: jules isnt a trance dj as such, as u mentioned he plays a wide range of types of music so ya cant say hes not in touch with what the crowds want "trance-wise" as he ait a trance dj and never claims to be!!
    secondly.... you say that jules often looks "uninterested" well bugger me i would honestly say that he's probably one of the most livliest dj's goin behind the decks, the majority of them are miserable as fook and just stand there do their set mebbes look at the crowd a few times on a good day and go home, one of the thigs that makes jules so successful is his distinct charisma and his ability to get the crowd goin so if he eva looks "uninterested" god knows what that says about practically every other dj in existence!! xxxx
  20. Jimmy

Jimmy Registered User

Just my opinion hun. I'm not saying that he plays just trance but he does kinda put himself in the 'trance' genre though by playing nights like Promise and Godskitchen on a regular basis. There has been a few times when I have seen him play when he has looked bored and uninterested in playing the crowd although other times I have seen him he has never left the decks and has been bopping around showing a good presence to the crowd. You only seemed to pick up on the bad things I said about Judge Jules in that last post, I said that I like him and I think that he gets alot of shit from people who don't know what they're talking about, I however, know what I'm talking about and am giveing my own personal opinion. I do agree that other dj's sometimes do not interact with the crowd but this thread is about Judge Jules playing.

We are ranting a bit, lets stop now hun:)
  21. rachel

rachel Registered User

hehe i know u said good fings too hun but its just what i do, argue with whateva anyone says negative about jules!! i'm sure i'll girow out of it, didnt mean it all having a go but he does have such a passion in his music and even him himself says he can handle what ever else anyone has to say to him but if anyone said that he didnt hav a passion in his music he would totally disagree as he has got that sooo much he reeli has!! think thats 100% evident anyways without me havin to say it!! xxx