John Askew - Rediscovered

Discussion in 'Music' started by Willa, Mar 15, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Willa

Willa Registered User

John Askew - Rediscovered

Looking forward to this.

"Exciting news coming from the Discover Records HQ this weekend with the announcement of John Askew' follow up to 'Z List Uber Star'. 'Rediscovered' is not the brand new artist album but one that compiles new mixes from his past catalogue...

There has been a trend in recent years for remixes editions of artist albums with Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Solarstone, Bobina and Josh Wink having their last EP's given the full remix treatment. John Askew has a little twist on the whole remix edition, instead of just having his 2008 LP 'Z List Uber Star' given the remix treatment he has open up the vault to his entire back catalogue. Not just featuring tracks from his last artist album there are new mixes of old gems like 'Nail Gun', 'Vellum' and 'The Door'. The sound of John has been very consistent over the years with a no nonsense approach to trance resulting in huge success all over the UK and internationally. His passion for the UK club scene, especially for intimate events like Digital Society, is as strong as ever.

The album is penned in for an April release and will feature 23 remixes spread over two discs with the likes of Simon patterson, Activa, Bryan Kearney, Adam Foley and Thomas Datt putting their interpretaion on John Askew's individual style. It's one that I'm quite eager to get my hands on as John Askew's music over the years has been superb, with a blend of progressive but always pounding beats mixing it up with super melodic melodies that tear up clubs week in, week out."

REMIXES ON 'REDISCOVERED'

:: The Door (Activa Remix)
    :: Bored Of You, Bored Of Me (Gary Maguire Remix)
    :: All Or Nothing (Haris C Remix)
    :: Homesick (Reorder Deep Mix)
    :: Vandalism (Joint Operations Centre Remix)
    :: Battery Acid (Bryan Kearney Remix)
    :: Z List Uber Star (Reakey Remix)
    :: Nail Gun (Greg Downey Remix)
    :: Fade To Black (Sean Tyas Remix)
    :: Black Out (Simon Patterson Remix)
    :: Giving You Acid (Sly One Vs. Jurrane Remix)
    :: Misfit (Adam Foley Remix)
    :: Slaves To The Machine (Liam Melly Remix)
    :: Chime (Ehren Stowers Remix)
    :: Spike (Tom Colontonio Remix)
    :: How Can I Put This (Fabio Stein Remix)
    :: Fuck Private Ryan (Paul Webster Remix)
    :: The Door (Genix Remix)
    :: Thumb It In (Sensorica Remix)
    :: Vellum (Johan Ekman Remix)
    :: Bad Apple (Gate 42 Remix)
    :: This & Then (Peetu S Remix)
    :: Blue (Bissen Remix)
    :: Beirut (Thomas Datt Remix)
    :: Beirut (Original Mix)

RELEASE DATE: April (Pre-Order @ the Recoverworld store now!)

http://www.recoverworld.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=325
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Carson

Carson Registered User

Looks insane, I can imagine the Fabio Stein Remix of How Can I Put This to be mega. One of my favourite tracks when it came out.
  4. Willa

Willa Registered User

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/garymaguire/john-askew-bored-of-you-bored-of-me-gary-maguire-remix-myspace[/SOUNDCLOUD]
  5. Stuy

Stuy Trance 24-7

Some cracking lookin remixes lined up their..... can see me going a bit mental over this :)