Is trance getting a wee bit serious?

Discussion in 'Music' started by DoctorMick, Dec 5, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. DoctorMick

DoctorMick Registered User

Is trance getting a wee bit serious?

It seems to me that trance is getting a bit serious and part of the fun element of going clubbing is dripping away, don't get me wrong I still really enjoy trance but the scene seems to be changing quite a bit and getting more serious....maybe due to people growing up!!!

What do people think?

Ah well, HH is still loads of fun!!! :D
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Damocles

Damocles Registered User

I dunno about being serious but i do think that there is a kind of attitude that seems to becoming evident, in all genre's of music not just within trance, in which some people think that there prefered style of music is better than other styles.

Although this is only a small proportion of the people who listen to it, it does have a large effect. Tis quite similar to the effect that the members thingy had on the reputation of gatecrasher.
  4. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

i like it serious.....
    non serious trance = milk inc etc.....:)
  5. magicpaul

magicpaul Registered User

i think people are becoming more serious about clubbing in general. but it's the people not the music...
  6. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

Agreed. You just often get (gross generalisation coming up) certain types of people listening to certain types of music.
  7. Q TOY

Q TOY Registered User

I think people are generally taking there nights out more seriously, maybe due to the increasing cost of it all.

But really people should be going out to enjoy themselves and have fun.

Fun is not a seriouse thing (unless your an accountant)
  8. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

i think its a case of people wanting to appear more knowledgable than others, people just keep trying too hard... Im probs a sucker for it:)
  9. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Even its is so called "funnest" years cybers took trance waaaay to seriously - thats when most folks first started tune spotting and shit - music arrogance has always been and always will be rife... it aint just restricted to dance - every music genre has its snobs and serious sides :D

The only truely fun genre I've found is cyber trance :D
  10. WebbA

WebbA Registered User

In general i agree, its getting more serious, but its because people are realising Commerical pants like Lasgo etc are ruining trance/dance music as a whole, therefore people are being more categorising of their music.
  11. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Theres all this talk about clubbing and yeah it is getting canny serious like but why are people putting it into categories for all the different types of Trance :spangled:

I mean isnt there :

Trance
    Hard Trance
    Euphoric Trance

To me that sums up the types of it ya can get - why is there loads of talk bout "Cyber Trance" and that ??

Obviously it is summit or else it wouldnt have name :rolleyes:
  12. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Cyber trance has fuck all to do with cyber.... its american:

It started about 98 in California - 2 dj's mars n mystre started importing euro trance (happy hardcore dominated cali :eek:) and spinning it at raves... it was the more cheesier stuff (even as bad as alice dj :D ) as it started to develop into its own sound (mars and mystre founded their label - frequency 8) - the music was bouncy hard (similar basslines to german trance) but still kept the cheesey element... some good artists are:

Canarias
    Nexus
    Ruudman
    Dave 202 & Phil Green
    DJ Neutropix
    Serge of Salmon

I don't think you'd like it as its a mixture of hard trance, euro trance and charva trance :D

I fecking love it though :D
  13. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Cheers :chill:

I was just puzzled as to where all the diff names for it were coming from - its clear to see that its taking off somewhere tho and lke i said earlier its as if the days of just "Trance" have gone in that respect - i know for sure what i like :D :D
  14. Yosef Ha'Kohain

There never was a day of just "trance" though, crasher kids never saw beyond the crasher sound - prog trance was rife, goa and psy trance were huge in other parts of the world... cheesey trance was called commercial trance, hard trance was called hard trance (or hard house @ times :eek: ) - but there has never been just one trance :D
  15. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

There will be too me tho :eek:

Never in my life have i had such a good night as "Red & Black 1" @ Gatecrasher - its daft really coz if ya into that sort of thing it proves dunnit that the old trance is the best which there is that many re-mixes of old tunes nowadays floating about !

:D :D :D
  16. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

i reckon the stuff around at the moment beats most of the old stuff hands down.
    This year has been totally mint trance wise! i have sooo many top tunes from this year......the last few months have been CLASS!
  17. Disco Drew

Disco Drew Registered User

Theres nothing quite like hearing the original mix of a track thats been remixed 1000 times!!!!
  18. sparky-mark

sparky-mark Registered User

trance is serious! thats the way it is. (too me anyway)

trance is serious music - HH is stoopid music!

go to a club like crasher and the atomsphere is serious, go sundis and its just mental, finks thats the way it is!
  19. sparky-mark

sparky-mark Registered User

p.s. its still fun, just cus no one prances around and acts like headless chickens doesnt mean its not fun!
  20. rachel

rachel Registered User

fink trance is mebbes more serious than it used to be to an extent but i fink a lot of that has to do with the crowd as there is a lot less fun n sillyness involved in clubland at the mo at least there certainly seems to be!! there doesnt seem to be many new ppl getting into clubbin therefore all the ones who hav bin at it for the past few years hav mebbes got a bit sick of it n mebbes they dont see goin clubbin as havin a laffn bin silly anymore. also i think it depends a lot on which trance producers seem to be making music at the time....
    actually thinking bout it mebbes certain trance dj's may be playing less melodic n less vocal trance n that to me is why mebbes trance is seen as gettin a bit serious. like sparky said though im comparison to HH most types of trance are serious!!
    sorry if none of this makes any sense btw!!! :rolleyes: :confused: xxxxx
  21. confuzzled

confuzzled Registered User

goto one of the viscious circle nights.. and i think you'll find the same seriouness about the people listening to HH as you do listening to trance at crasher.

to them HH is serious. @ sundis 'tis a diffrent matter though.

i think the whole attitude is not defined by the music genre, but the people that go and listen to it.