Ipods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr.B.ThatsMe, Dec 25, 2005.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

1. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Mr.B.ThatsMe 'yi raji puff

Ipods

Santa brought me a black 30gb video :D

I've never used one before though and itunes seems a bit confusing atm so could people give me a few hints?

WHats the best way to organise music? I created a playlist by dragging an album folder into it but it didn't seperate the tunes by cd1, cd2, cd3 and instead created one long list. I'd like to have everything onb my ipod organised in a similar way to My Muic on my computer.. which is sets in a Sets folder, albums in an Albums folder etc etc.. all sperated by cd1, cd2 folders etc.

Quick pointers how to do this anyone?

Cheers and have a good day. My stomahc is churning away atm but im saving myself for chrimbo dinner :D
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

Thats the roblem with i tunes mate.Hard to keep you music organised.Livesets are easy though just create a playlist called live set and drag all your livesets into that folder.To seperate into disc you have to edit the Id3 tag theres an option to select which disc it is.Its a right fuck on mate to be honest lol
  4. Hutch

Hutch \o/\o/ TRANCE \o/\o/

my sis just got the music one, am finding it pretty hard to use the i tunes program like!!
  5. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Oh so i wasn't missing anything?

Why cant u just drag a folder over and keep the structure intact? :(

Is this just itunes or is the ipod itself set up to do this cos i seen another program for download somewhere that people seemed chuffed about.
  6. Mr.B.ThatsMe

yep! I don't want to have to piss around with tags etc tbh :(..
  7. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I tunes is one good reason not to get an Ipod.
  8. jamesrw

jamesrw Member

it doesnt cost anything, its just a media library, which makes it easy to copy stuff onto your ipod. there's not really anything wrong with it at all
  9. Conway

Conway helmet Staff

Itunes isn't that bad, people just knock it because it's Apple. The interface is different to what I'm used to but I've got the hang of it and I like the way it performs certain tasks (automated cd ripping for example :up: ) Granted, playlists and organising your music are a bit of a fuck on but it does it to a fair degree on the pod anyway.

Try using Windows Media Player... now thats bad.

Oh and Mr B... I got a black 60gb video this morning :D it's the dogs :love: I thought my last one was awesome...
  10. LeeTheMackem

I havent used the other program mate.Worth a try I suppose.Baffles me why its doesnt keep the folder structure intact.If you rip cds with itunes then the results vary.Sometimes it will split it into cds and sometimes it wont.Sometimes it cant even workout that its two discs from the same compilation and puts them seperate altogether
  11. LeeTheMackem

Its quite hard to keep your music organised thats all mate.Ends up quite hard work finding where your ipods put things
  12. Blakey

Blakey Registered User

:rolleyes:

It's not hard to keep your files organised at all. You download the file, put it in a certain folder, then drag it into the respective playlist ... rocket science :rolleyes:
  13. Mr.B.ThatsMe

So I'm understanding this correctly..

The only way to have my music sorted into cd1, cd2.. is to manually create a playlist for each cd? I'd have liked it if i could goto 'albums' on the ipod and goto 'album name' > cd1 instead of going to 'albums' and seeing a great big list of every cd i have..

Please tell me i'm missing something.
  14. Rossy

Rossy . Staff

I'm sure the thread starter can atest to it for starters. ;)

Aside from that though I don't like the idea of having to use a program like Itunes to put my tracks onto an mp3 player. Sony Sonic Stage was bad enough. The only thing you should need are the drivers and a good old drag and drop, not having to fuck about with what seems to be badly designed software.

Just make sure you look into it all before buying one because a lot of people don't like the whole ipod/i tunes interface and the problems are well documented on the internet. Look into getting an i river as from what I've heard they seem to be better in some respects. It all comes down to what you prefer really, but it would deffinitely be worth looking into the inadequacies of both before you jump the gun.

As someone seems to have done. :lol:
  15. Mr.B.ThatsMe

16. LeeTheMackem

Wasnt talking about downloaded files was on about ripped compilations mainly.Might just be me though cos I'm a spaka
  17. Mr.B.ThatsMe

I'm still confused like..
  18. jackanory

jackanory Registered User

I would put the browser on to start off with by clicking on 'Edit' and choose 'Show Browser' (Ctrl+B might do it, but i'm using a Mac). This will bring up windows with Genre, Artist and Album. Find the album you're looking for and click on it. This will list all the songs on that album.

So lets say it's a compilation with 3 cd's, 10 tracks on each cd. iTunes should've retrieved the track names etc and put them in order for you as well as numbering the cd's. You can find this out by highlighting one of the tracks, choosing 'Get Info' from the 'Edit' menu (Ctrl+I). A new window should appear. Click on info: here you can change track title, artist etc. as well as track and cd number.

If 'CD x Of x' isn't filled, instead of going through one track at a time, you can select multiple tracks and do it one go. So for cd1, highlight the 1st song, hold down the shift key (might be Ctrl on windows) whilst pressing the down cursor. Once you've highlighted the 1st 10 tracks, do the 'Get Info' thing again, a window saying 'multiple track information' will appear. Where it says 'CD x Of x' put ya 1 and 3 in, click on OK. Highlight your next ten and do the same and so on and so forth.

Hope that was useful for ya. It may seem long winded (my explaination lol), but once you get the hang of iTunes and learn ya shortcuts, you'll be laughing. You'll have to, 'cos it's the only thing you can use your iPod with!

I've just got AirPort for my Mac, so i can play my tunes (5000 and counting) from iTunes through my hi-fi wirelessly. It's the dogs! :up:
  19. Mr.B.ThatsMe

Cheers for that.

however, that sounds like its just a guide for itunes? I mustn't be explaining myself properly here when i say i'm confused.. I couldn't care less what itunes does on my computer as i have all my music sorted the way i want it and I use WMP or Winamp to play it.. and i have a tag editor that searches an online database and changes names etc appropriately. The problem i have is on the actual Ipod. I'd rather have albums consisting of 3cd's, under one name when I goto 'albums' on my Ipod.

At the moment I goto 'albums' and I see a list of 'The Best Of Frantic Euphoria CD1', 'The Best Of Frantic Euphoria CD2', and 'The Best Of Frantic Euphoria CD3' which are there because i've had to create a playlist for each disk otherwise i get all the tunes from all 3 cd's under the one name. Ideally i'd like to see 'The Best Of Frantic Euphoria' which then displays 'CD1', 'CD2', 'CD3' seperately under that name.

Am I making sense? I'm worried i'm not :lol: :dunce:

*Oh, and itunes isnt the only program I can use as i've downloaded Anapod Explorer which lets you copy tunes from your ipod back onto the computer.. I'm sure it has other advantages too but i'd rather stick with the official software if it does what i want it to do.. if not i'll soon tell it to fuck off and i'll try Anapod.
  20. crasher_chick

crasher_chick I .....

I got a nano! Quite confusing at forst but im sure ill get the hang of it! :)
  21. sir smoke alot

sir smoke alot

I-Pod Video's Rule :fart: