Hard Dance claims be the future... is it?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Doggie, Jul 26, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

Hard Dance claims be the future... is it?

Dont start tellin me about genres and how music shouldnt be classified...

I would def have to say yes:D Which is wicked, coz it s my fav stuff around, but IMO trance is dying... I m into it less and less... and it doesn t do teh same to me know as it did even just a year ago... And definately in London, everyone is moving towards the sounds of hard dance, NU-NRG, HI-NRG and Hard House... I think i pick up about 15-20 flyers a week all with that stuff and only a couple for trance...

Trance may well be movin back underground... the trance scene in London is mainly from unkown DJs in unkown clubs, Hard house def leadin the way in-terms of DJs, and venues...

IMO in Newcastle, the market is not diverse enough for hard dance... and it has a large antipodian (New Zealand, Aussie and South African) following here, not so many of them in Newcastle!! Nights like Fevah and Fahrenhite (two of the biggest hard dance nights in London) are ran by Aussie (good on them!!)

With more of these peeps movin into the movin into the UK, could it be only time before these ragin foreigners bring hard dance to Newcastle? I doubt it... but i can hope:p

Roll on Hard Dance:D:D

Opinions please:D

:cyber:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

I think 'hard dance' is definitely on the rise, and has been for a year or so. It is a useful catch-all term as it can pick up hard trance, hard house, Nu NRG etc, without getting hung up on just one of them. You've only got to look at a lot of the old hard house DJs to see that they are picking up elements of hard trance etc on the way. Basically it just makes the DJs more marketable and means they don't have to stick rigidly to one over-defined style, which is getting harder to do as styles are merging somewhat anyway. It also stops both the DJs and crowd getting so bored!
  4. Godscrasher

Godscrasher Registered User

Peeps in london havnt got a fukkin clo what trance is or what it sounds like,(no offence doggie.You know) but once they move from their hard house scene get to know a bit of trance they will love it.Cant be wrong for all us northerners can it.

North-Trance
    South-hard H
  5. B.O.B.

B.O.B. Registered User

I think the South has only picked up on hard house/hard dance relatively recently (except Slinky). A couple of years ago there was almost none at all, except for places like Trade, certainly in London. London and the South seemed to go for a much more funky house sound. Hard house is/was more of a Midlands thing.
  6. billyloner

billyloner

if trance is movin back underground, that can only be a good thing in my opinion :) underground clubs are almost always a hell of a lot better than mainstream "superclubs" - some of the best clubs ive been in (whether trance, techno, whatever) are the small underground venues, where everyone is friendly to everyone else - theres none of the aggression you seem to get in some of the bigger clubs, everyone is there for the music and to have a good time... when i went to gods, for example - ok yeah the club is huge, got an amazin soundsystem... but i didnt feel as comfy there as i woulda liked, lotsa ppl seemed to be lookin at me, inspectin the way i danced, was a bit unnerving... smaller clubs like promise, and the like, you feel much more welcome and no one seems to give a fuck about the way your dancin or how much your yellin when a tune is dropped... sorry, i know that was a bit off-topic, but i felt like sayin it :)
  7. Godscrasher

Thats why your called billy loner.;) :D
  8. Godscrasher

thats exactly what i was saying...honest i was.:D
  9. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

Non taken:D:D but i will argue...

Peach @ Camden Palace, with ressie Graham Gold, last fri had Armin Van Buuren, and has Ferry Corsten and Johan Gielen lined up... Galley@ Turnmills with Ornadel and Corvin Dalek last fri... Oakenfold, Matt Hardwick and Scott Bond played the last Crasher@ Heaven, with PVD for the next one.. Digweeds monthly Bedrock @ Heaven, and thats just the mainstream big nights...

Newcastle... has Promise....
  10. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

hard trance is gonna get huge....as we have already soon, hard trance and HH (hard dance) has got much bigger recently....

Normal nice trance isnt getting played as much as it used to, which IMO is bad, cos i like it, and im gonna have to search for it soon!

But there are still shit loads of new, good trance records being made, so it aint gonna die.
  11. spud693

spud693 Registered User

I think so, (although trance is still my favorite) that hard dance is starting to take over, and im becoming ever more fond of it... hell, you only had to look at the sundis tent at GKGG to see how popular it is, getting in there was no easy task (but was worthwhile (LAB4...Tissera OMG :D)) So i would say it is definetly on the up... just a case of how far up is it gonna get...

:D :groovy: :D
  12. Lee Foster

Lee Foster Dark Magician of Chaos

Evolution...

Music is constantly changing. You can argue and split hairs about genres, but it will, and has, to evolve, or the scene associated with that particular sound will become stagnant.

Hard dance, hard trance, progressive, intelligent techno, PAH! It's just media buzzwords used to target a product at a particular segment of the dance spectrum.

For those who enjoyed the Italian/hardcore era from 1989-1997, don’t you think a vast majority of the 'Hard Dance' tracks sound very similar to past hardcore and Italian high energy tracks. Hmmmm.

For example, I have just been sent a TP of Bass X 'Hardcore Disco' which is cited as 'Hard Dance’ when it was originally a Scottish hardcore record from 1992. Hmmmm?

I welcome this constant flux, but its always amusing to see how the industry spins old concepts.

Lee!
  13. mr. brook

mr. brook Registered User

Trance rules. always will. hard trance is a bit of a phase.