Great North Run....please Sponsor Me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lulu, Aug 20, 2006.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

1. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

Great North Run....please Sponsor Me.

To all the people of this board.

On the 1st October 2006 i will embark on a life changing journey, to over power the powerful and defeat the undefeated. I WILL complete the great north run.

I am not doing it for my own vanity or even to prove a point, i'm doing it for the good of our region. Dont get me wrong, i'm not going to be carrying buckets on my journey to the finish, nor will i be dressed as a chicken. I will run like the wind with as little on as possible (shorts & vest & trainers).

Please PM with details of how much you would like to sponsor me and your prefered payment method

I have chosen my charity for a few reasons, and i will share just a couple with you if i may......the charity is Newcastle Cat & Dog Shelter

I was touched by a short piece on ITV on Tuesday about how both the Benton & Claremont Road Shelters are in dire strates. They have very little food and were pleaing with the public to donate food for the animals. They are a charity, they are not government funded and rely completely on donations.

Also I bought my dog from there many years ago and he is the best thing that ever happened to me, i bought him at 6 weeks old and he's everything you could ever ask for in a dog. I will post a pic just so you can see him.

I went down on Saturday to collect my sponsorship forms from them and decided to have a look around to see how the plave has changed since i was last there in 1998, at the moment not a lot has changed, they are undergoing some much needed extensive rebuild work as the buildings are now over 100 yrs old. Anyway, almost from the minute i clapped eyes on the first dog that was me off crying all the way around. Call me soft, but all i could think was how some of these dogs were near death through Neglect or Abandonment, some of them were just unloved and some were there for the stretch.......but every single 1 of them had so much love to give. Why would anyone do that too them?

Anyway all i am asking for is sponsorship to run these many many miles just to give back some of the love that they so deserve.

MANY THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO READ THIS AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. :D

More about the shelter:
    -Newcastle Cat & Dog Shelter dont just get stray dogs, their job is to promote kindness and the prevention of cruelty to animals.
    -They receive between 4000 and 6000 animals per year, which cost around £100,000 to feed.
    -Work closely with RSPCA,Battersea, The Dogs trust etc to find new homes if they can not do it around our local area
    -Although mainly concentrating on dogs & cats they are an Animal Sanctuary.
    -They are contracted with councils & northumbria police for the kennelling of strays
    -they collect animals as far as berwick, carlisle and sunderland.

here's mine by the way, he's called DOUGAL

Attached Files:

2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Chris S

Chris S Monkey Tennis?

I'll sponsor ya
  4. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

cheers hun

i havent really put much thought into how i would get the money off anyone but i'm open to your prefered method if you have one. Just let me know how much so i can write you on the official sponsorship form.
  5. ianmc

ianmc Registered User

getting mad niggerish with charlie murphy
    is this a ipod scam:D
  6. Chris S

Chris S Monkey Tennis?

put me down for 3 quid
  7. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

lol, no....just parting with your money and in return you get a nice warm feeling inside that you have done something really good. :D
  8. ianmc

ianmc Registered User

if i didnt have ibiza coming up i would as i hate animal cruelty of any kind my mum donates monthly to the p.d.s.a
  9. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

thats no excuse a few pound will be a beer you buy in the airport

think of the little puppies and kittens
  10. ianmc

ianmc Registered User

stop twisting my finances :lol:
  11. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

<-------LOOK
  12. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

look at their disappointed faces

Attached Files:

13. Oasis

Oasis Peter North-east

i'd sponsor you but i dont believe in giving money for animals before humans. if it was for cancer research or something then i would of:)

i might do this run though, only a month to train :eek:
  14. Chris S

Chris S Monkey Tennis?

I'd rather give money to dogs than asylum seekers etc
  15. ianmc

ianmc Registered User

stop it
  16. LeeTheMackem

LeeTheMackem Lets Cacky Tash Him

17. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

I was supposed to be doing it for Marie Curie, but they never bothered to send me the stuff they promised. So they dont need my money that much. Besides everyone does it for cancer...what about the little people that get forgotten about?

These NEED my contribution or the little animals will starve.
  18. GeordieLee

GeordieLee Registered User

Your avatar is so cute! :love:
  19. Leon

Leon Non Board Moderator

People like you are the bain of my life, i sit at work on my break and proper keeno's like you wander over,, ''Am fisting a horse this weekend for the joey deakin spastik fund, do u wanna sponsor me??''

NO, AM ON MY LUNCH, AND I DONT WANT TO SEE YOU DOING A BUNGEE JUMP ABSAIL FROM A LIGHT AIRCRAFT.
  20. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

its pretty ironic how you are doing it to prevent animal cruelty yet you yourself have a dog cage
  21. Lulu

Lulu Registered User

I dont have a dog cage, i sold it! AND it was used for training purposes, i didnt lock them in there 24/7....thats what they are used for....

that and locking the kids away!