Friday May 15th SUBSTANCE Rowan Van Muysen, Graham Laverty at Camp David, Free Entry

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by stu, May 11, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. stu

stu Registered User

Friday May 15th SUBSTANCE Rowan Van Muysen, Graham Laverty at Camp David, Free Entry

This Friday (the 15th) at Substance we’ve got two great guests lined-up, unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances Van De Broucke can’t make it but thankfully Rowan Van Muysen has stepped in to fly the Compaktdisco flag. Following on from Rowan to tech things up will be the excellent Graham Laverty. As usual the Substance Residents will be on hand to warm-up/down and join the dots between the two and it’s free entry all night long 8pm until last entry at 2am.

Rowan Van Muysen

Resident at new House and Techno night Compaktdisco, Rowan Van Muysen has been involved in the local House and Techno scene for the last 8 years. Recent appearances at one of the city's best new nights Crispy, have helped to affirm his reputation for playing spooky, messed up House and Techno. Expect to hear the deeper, more laid back side of Rowan's record box when he plays the early 10pm-11:30pm slot for us at Substance.

Here’s a recent mix by Rowan to give you a taste of what he’ll be playing at Substance:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=29f3e5e10c92d02f7069484bded33bcd563b9338f6695e02

Tracklist:

Lima – Jacksonville
    Keep It Simple- Tim Jorgenson, Jacksonville Remix
    Wallet- Ben Morris, Tim Jorgesson
    Static- Nick Curly
    Lost- M.I.,M, Edon Everywhere and Carlo Del Remix
    Mushrooms- Noosa Heads, Marshall Jefferson, Justin Martin Remix
    Breaking Down- Raphael Sage, Sarah Godfard Remix
    Adieu- Allan Marshall

Graham Laverty

Graham Laverty will follow later on playing the 12:30am to 2am slot. Grahams’ blend of deep house and techno has earned him residencies at Newcastle based club night's Exhibit A and Back to Back, as well as various guest slots throughout the region.

Graham's passion for the music he plays and his forward thinking DJ sets have earned him a keen following in Newcastle's house music scene. You can expect to hear Graham playing a tougher techno influenced sound this Friday @ Substance.

Here’s a recent mix by Graham Laverty recorded in March to give you an idea of what he’s about:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mh4hw6

Tracklisting:

Michael Melchner "Use Me" (Eklo)
    Motor City Drum Ensemble "Frontin" (20:20 Vision)
    Dyed Soundorum/Brothers Vibe "Con Leche" (Freak N Chic)
    Ray Okpara "Loving Moonbuah" Mekes Remix (Drumpoet Community)
    Sascha Dive "Kranviz Tees" (Raum...Muzik)
    Damian Schwartz "Plastico" (Oslo)
    MHM 1 "Bubabubadub" (Tartalet)
    Volta/Freda "Bombolone" (Liebe Detail)
    Dyed Soundorum "Naked" (Crosstown Rebels)
    Martinez "Le Cirkus" (Moon Harbour)
    October "Episteme" (Caravan)
    Mooncat "Hear what was said" Skylark remix (Forensic)

Hope to see you Friday for what promises to be another cracking party.

Just a reminder we’re always on the look out for new djs at Substance so if you or a friend would like to play just drop a mix cd with contact details on any Friday to the dj box at Camp David, just ask for Stu or Gary.

Substance Residents:

Gary C
    Stu Hedley
    Shannon
    Glen

:cool2::cool2::cool2:
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. graham

graham Registered User

Sweet, last time i played it was spot on. Looking forward to it :D
  4. Lamb

Lamb Registered User

I used to work with Rowan at the Sage. I reckon he looks like Tim Roth, that guy who plays mr orange on Resevoir Dogs. Sound lad.
  5. Crispy

Crispy

I think he looks like the boy out of the family ness :lol:

Lovely lad, and a cracking DJ- Played an absolute blinder at Crispy last week. This should be mint
  6. stu

stu Registered User

yeah I'm looking forward to both Rowan and Grahams sets tonight :)
  7. graham

graham Registered User

I'm bang up for tonight now, bought shedloads of new stuff recently so its going to be a struggle fitting in everything that i want to play. Always a nice problem to have :D

Looking forward to catching everyone else's sets too, should be a good'un :up:
  8. graham

graham Registered User

Really enjoyed this last night, cheers lads for having me down :up:
  9. stu

stu Registered User

nice one Graham, glad you enjoyed it, thought you played an absolutely great set, Gary will definately be in touch for another date.:up::up:

top marks to Rowan too, played a great deep set earlier, hopefully be getting him back at a later date to play a later set :cool2::cool2: