final scatch

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mr. Revel, Nov 13, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

Re: final scatch

wish we had it in our office!
    ill trade you for the water cooler? :p
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. scruf

scruf Registered User

what is final scratch? sumthin2do with mp3s +mixin? sounds too easy! :confused:
  4. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

nah dude, it uses mp3s, but i think somehow u handle it as u would do vinyl, so its just as hard, but the mp3s are free..
  5. spud693

spud693 Registered User

6. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

nnnnnoooooooo vinyl forever:)

if this took off, it would kill the music industry... how would producers be able to produce tunes with no money, as everybody would be using free mp3s...
  7. GoalKing

GoalKing Registered User

Getting some practice in for Friday eh? :)
    I'd be well interested in checking this out if the opportunity is there on Friday... but form what i can imagine having mixed using VTT and vinyl already, it'd be amazing the kind of tricks you can pull off :)

@Doggie - I can see your point of view regarding the impact such a product can have.. but it's the natural progression man. This isn't the only product to hit the market where MP3 is the medium.. PCDJ in conjunction with a Numark DMC-1 lets you control the tunes like CD.
    Anyways.. the music industry ain't just sitting back - apparently they can ask you to prove you've bought each tune on your HD.. and in any case, the letter of the law is still grey concerning whether or not it's legal to have an MP3 copy even if you own the original ... I'd say there has to be a change in the rules and regs regarding this - which is why before i go any further I'm waiting for Microsoft's licensed music format so I can carry on strictly legit.. which means theres a lot of music in my list I'd like to buy and get a legal high-quality version of with a certificate of authenticity :)

Theres been plenty of discussion about this on PCDJ's forums...
    http://message.visiosonic.com/cgi-b...d_count&om=1474&forum=DCForumID9&viewmode=all
  8. Simon L

Simon L Registered User

The whole mp3 thing depends on the quality of it, it might sound ok in the house but on a proper system if it is a poor quality mp3 then the top and bottom end are cut.....

Just something to consider!
  9. chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

True enough for the mean time but what when technology speeds up enough to handle storage and communication of wave files rather than mp3s? The quality of the sound output would be increased and there would be greater potential for the adoption of this system in clubs.
  10. Allie

Allie Registered User

Well I know of a certain Renaissance/Manumission resident (Gd mate of a gd mate) who used it a hell of a long time ago, and didn't rate it at all. I've never used it at all, but I still can't see where the fascination is with it. Still prefer to use good ol' vinyl, and the odd CD for looping/'pellas ;)
  11. Sleepy

Sleepy Registered User

:D :D

Glad all is goin well m8!

Was that u ryin to ring me earlier?? From the office? Was just a number i never recognised....and never answer if I dont recognise the number.....dunno why like :confused:
  12. chickenlipsr4

chickenlipsr4

Look i'm not saying it's going to replace plastic but when the quality enevivtably improves we will no doubt hear more. Anyhow arch techno geek Richie Hawtin uses one and he wears glasses so there