Favourite DJ...

Discussion in 'Music' started by Doggie, Jul 26, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

1. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

Favourite DJ...

Who do u think is the best at:

1. Technical Ability? Dave Clarke without a doubt... he may play techno which isnt my fav, but his mixing and sctraching was entertaining enuff!! I wasnt payin so much attention to the music as I was to his mixing... first time ive ever really done that!:p

2. Tune Selection? hmm..I think Matty H is my fav for tunes!! Never drops a shit one!! And he did play Seven Cities at Promise Bday:D Saying that PVD has to be up there as well:D

3. Being able to "read the crowd"? Jules without a doubt... Always playing what the majority of the crowd want!! Never had a dull moment during a Jules set...:D

4. Most Entertaining DJ? mmm its gotta be between Lucien Foort.. the dreadlocks flying everywhere was quality enuff, then he was jumpin around like a looney:D:p and Norman Cook (FAt Boy Slim) who always has the biggest grin on his face... if the dj aint happy, then the crowd aint!!

5. Dj youd like to meet most? Anne Savage ;) because shes fit:p but also cos she played one of my fav sets ever at MOS @ Dome on NYE, hard as nails, but very underground... except for Dirt Devils-The Drill

6. Best for using samples and other "bits"? Nother throw up between Tidy Boys @ GK and Stimulant DJs.. The Tidy Boys set had their own samples everywhere:D

7. For versitility i.e. play music to suit the club/atmosphere, and not just ine style? mmm a lot of the hard dance djs... Andy Farely, Nick Sentience seem to beable to play from hard trance through to really bouncy hard house:D:D but then Anne Savage has p[layed a proggy trance set on Essential Mix... which was absolutely wicked... then shes played really hard at Sundis and MOS...

8. Best duo on the dex?;) Git to be... Tidy Boys i think.... but then Dumonde play really well as well... mmm tricky one!! LOL, and I made these questions!!

9. Best Newcomer? hard one coz some peoples would have heard of djs before others, but i think Yoji Biomehanika has to get it, and i think most peeps regard him as a new face on the scene, esp in the UK...

Right what do others think?
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Guest

1. john digweed- his ability to mix tunes together creates one whole tune all the way through his set.

2. PVD- plays tunes that bring u to tears

3. Matt Hardwick everytime hits the button u need at the time

4. Fergie - hes fukin mental

5. PVD - hes god

6. Corvin dalek - plays some mad mixtures
    Fizz - dff discoteque nuff said

7. Same a number 3

8. Sasha & Digweed - fabulous u cant get anywere near perfection than these too

9. Eddie Halliwell - dico damage cd 2 WTF!!!!!!

10. GOD GOD GOD - Has to be digweed at the mo
  4. bigdave

bigdave Registered User

gielen is the daddy:p
  5. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

was it good what did he play, coz we got a lil bored, and wondered off to sundis after 20 mins...
  6. bigdave

bigdave Registered User

absolutly amazin!!

every tune was amazing!!wow!!even the not so good ones sounded class!!the man can do no wrong!!i would try and list the tunes but i went there were just sooo many!
  7. Doggie

Doggie Registered User

Wicked, might have to see him in London soon:D
  8. bigdave

bigdave Registered User

i'll av a go anyway cos ive got nowt else to do!!

fanzy fair
    cafe del marco
    simulated-invision mix
    twisted-nrg mix
    born slippy-cj stone mix
    exposure-magic impuls
    eon-pocket damage
    the anthem
    think l-esporenze mite have been in there too!!

and finished with blank & jones - watching the waves - svensson and gielen mix!
  9. miss_messy

miss_messy Registered User

at the mo.....matty h!

never fails to bring tears to me eyes!:cry:
  10. Guest

I'm sorry Doggie but the best duo award certainly has to go to the MYNC project, they are so good at the moment. went to see them at shindig in march and the were amazing and their essential mix last week was also top drawer shit.

i can't wait to see them this saturday at the dig, it's guna be class!

;)
  11. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

fucking hell.....
    QUIET.....im pissed off now....i want to hear no more of this!!!

born slippy - cj stone mix...coolio!!
  12. Mr. Revel

Mr. Revel Registered User

harwick never fails to impress.
    armin is mint, i have about 20 live sets and radio shows of his on MP3, and they r all mint.

i have to admit the tidy boys r mint too!!!!! their GK cranival set is class! i cant stop listening to it!!
  13. Simon Stuart

Simon Stuart Registered User

MYNC Project are fuckin cookin at the moment, kinda gutted I'm gonna miss them, they always turn up with a mad as fuck party in tow.
  14. bigdave

bigdave Registered User

armin has sooo impressed me of late like!!

but he's still no gielen:p
  15. magicpaul

magicpaul Registered User

did he play joy don't stop? i can't really remember much was too busy trying not to fall into holes... :rolleyes:
  16. bigdave

bigdave Registered User

no that was joy kitikonti's last tune!!

i must say paul you were on the LOSERS list for leaving gielen to go to see other shiter djs!!!

but there were others and you all know who you are dexta, sparky, doggi, si, ade, jeff, glitter!!!

YOU ALL NEED TO SORT IT OUT!!!
  17. magicpaul

magicpaul Registered User

i thought gielen was class just that tent was shite was empty and had a big hole in the middle i kept falling into! :(

don't feel like i lost out tho as scott project was also class!!! :D
  18. bigdave

bigdave Registered User

the tent was empty and the music was so quiet!!but me and ted moved to the speaker so we could hear it!!but it was worth it certainly!!

just imagine if gielen had a full club!just how much would it go off!!!wow!!
  19. Geordie

Geordie "Im Outta Time"

Scot Project was SHIT IMO !!!!!!

All u could hear was parp parp parp from the Main Arena - its not music or if it is its no wonder people nowadays are forced to commit suicide !!

Im gutted i missed Gielen just totally forgot he was on - the highlight for me was Armin Van Buuren :love: just sitting @ the back was class - fuck the tryin to dance malarky i was lovin sittin there with Cass :D :D - many a state walkin past like :confused:

Armin dropped Plastic Boy n then The Prophet little time after and i think me undies were soiled :p banging set - Tiesto sounded class too along with Jules from what i heard - spent most the night just sittin on the grass coz the sound system was muchos loud ;) the tents were too rammed too and the Main Arena needed to be bigger.............
  20. ant

ant

I would have to agree. There essential mix is probably the best i have heard for a while
  21. El Maracca

El Maracca Registered User

Erm, i saw start of mr gielen and was tres impressed! I went to go see end of scott project cos i couldn't decide which one to see. Scott project was class at NEC. Wish i'd stayed with you guys for the end of gielen tho! Ah well i'm sure promise will book him soon. Hint hint nudge nudge. :D :D

Dave, have you got In Trance We Trust 4?