Exclusive Interview with Sean Tyas ahead of his return to the Shack.

Discussion in 'Going Out' started by kirky, Dec 10, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. kirky

kirky

Exclusive Interview with Sean Tyas ahead of his return to the Shack.

Sean Tyas is set to make his return to the might Shack this Friday and make his Eliminate Debut.

We caught up with the man himself to see what hes been up to. Heres what happened...

Hey Sean, How are you?

Doing good!! Enjoying the new daddy-life

What have you been up to in the last six months?

A lot of remixes actually, and a lot of “back to the books” type learning of new techniques. Trying to make sure I have some nice new sounds for 2010.

What are your ambitions for the rest of the year?

I still have another 2 remixes to finish before this year is out so will definitely be busy over the next 2-3 weeks.

Who where your main influences as a child that inspired you to be who you are today?

Early on, the ones who made me fall in love with Dance music would be Moby, The Prodigy, Early Chemical Brothers Stuff, Robert Miles, stuff like that, but then as I got more into the club scene, Paul van Dyk really defined almost everything I still do today.

How would you best describe your style of music?

Energetic trance music, plain and simple.

What other DJ's do you rate at the moment?

John Askew & Bryan Kearney are the DJs I really aspire to be more like technically.

What’s your Top 5 tracks at the moment?

Vascotia – Verano (Tyas remix)
    Randy Katana – The Hype
    Neal Scarborough & Gary Maguire – As you Are (Akesson Remix)
    Arctic Moon – Afterworld
    AMR-Elevation

This won’t be your first time at the Empire, are you looking forward to your return ?

Very much! I have been there twice already and always have an awesome time out there, I like the layout very much, how it’s a very spacious booth, but also a lot of room on the dancefloor AND behind the entire booth.

What can the Eliminate crowd expect to hear from you when you grace the decks on 11th December?

Lots of very bangin tunes!!!!!

What has been your most favourite/memorable gig you have played ?

Buenos Aires, club called the Big One, in 2008…. The brought me down from the 3rd level into the booth in a big inflatable bubble!!

Tell us an interesting or random fact about yourself !

I went to school to actually become an animator…

Is there a message you would like to say to your fans out there?

Thank you for always being so great everytime I play out there!!! I can’t WAIT to see how it is this time!!

Catch Sean Tyas this Friday along with Activa, Jordan Suckley + More
  2. 1615634792921.png