Evgeny Bardyuzha - Point of No Return (Full Album Preview)

Discussion in 'Music' started by Elektro_Tek, Sep 18, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Elektro_Tek

Elektro_Tek Registered User

Evgeny Bardyuzha - Point of No Return (Full Album Preview)

Full previews of Evgeny Bardyuzha's album at Soundcloud:

http://soundcloud.com/neuroscience/sets/point-of-no-return

[​IMG]

I first discovered Evgeny Bardyuzha shortly after Ché Armstrong launched the Neuroscience Recordings label back in 2007. Since then I've been following both the label and Evgeny's progress and they've both experienced massive success in the trance realm, success they rightly deserve!

Evgeny's debut album is quite literally, and I know this sounds rather cliché, a breakthrough album. This young Russian producer has managed to compile 12 tracks that embody his origin and evolution as a dance music producer and will surely cement his position in a very rare group of producers. Traversing multiple genres from start to finish, this album is a journey through the mind of a young producer extraordinaire and he gives listeners of all walks enough time and space to catch up and enjoy what they're hearing.

*THE BREAKDOWN*

The album kicks off with a rather interestingly named track, Lemon Coloured Morning, and though I've spent some time wondering what it means, I've not come up with any reasoning behind. The track is smooth progressive with a touch of glitchy techno and a wonderfully delightful rolling arpeggio melody. What's wonderful about this track is that it will certainly appeal to those who might not associate with the dance music culture. I'd even picture this in a movie scene.

Moving along we've got a crisp and tangy breakbeat track in Air Vendors (yet another of Evgeny's cryptic track names.) that warrants a listen or two for its originality. Hylea kicks things up with a healthy dose of melodic trance while Changeful World steals my heart away with it's intricate vocal stab work. Nanofractal has a vintage Markus Schulz/Coldharbour sound to it (which I happen to love!) while Selena is very Santiago Nino-like in it's progressive electro vibe.

Rounding things out are Point of No Return and Transient, two tracks that tone things down and wrap the album up nicely!

*THE VERDICT*

I've only spent a few hours with the album and already its become a surefire stay in my iPod and car CD collection. The styles Evgeny meanders through include melodic trance, breakbeat, chillout, electro and techno. What he's accomplished is remarkable and this massive artist debut will certainly cause waves the world over.

Score - 9/10

(Words by Andre LeFort @ MusiCritics.com)
  2. 1615634792921.png