Evening Chronicle last night.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TranceyDJ, Jan 29, 2002.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. TranceyDJ

TranceyDJ Registered User

Evening Chronicle last night.

Did anyone see the double page clubbing feature? It was part of Newcastles bid to be city of culture....trying to portray Newcastle as a major player in the world of clubbing. The disappointing aspect of the article was that Promise didn't get a mention! Shindig and Reverb etc. were all mentioned....and the cheeky twats had pictures of Promise all over the page....and it was titled as being Foundation. Well, I would expect the pictures from the Foundation were of Promise...when was the last time you saw a cyber in Shindig?
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. Yosef Ha'Kohain

Yosef Ha'Kohain Registered User

Isn't this what simon was writing for@crasher night?

ack too confusing!!!
  4. Talon

Talon

I didnt see it.

Wouldnt be the first time Promise has been mis-represented!!

MISSMESSY once used pictures in her paper from Crasher and titled them "Friday night in Foundation" hahaha
  5. Yosef Ha'Kohain

lmao 3 cheers for messy :D
  6. Auz

Auz

hip hip hooray ................ :D
  7. miss_messy

miss_messy Registered User

Re: Evening Chronicle last night.

hahaha!!!!!!! i no who wrote that and who took the pix..........il hav a word !!! :):):)
  8. miss_messy

NO I DIDNT U FUKKING MONG! THAT WAS FOR THE CRASHA REVIEW I DID!
    AND!
    IF ANYTHIN WAS EVER CAPTIONED RONG, IT WASNT MY FAULT! IT WAS THAT SILLY SUB ANDREA!
  9. sloppy

sloppy Registered User

promise always seems to get forgotton about or misrepresented...some listings still say its a tribal prog club!:rolleyes:
  10. bort

bort

in the chronicle theyve still got promise down as wonderland how out of date is that
  11. CLARKi

CLARKi Registered User

Shadows of Shindig

Promise is a fuckin great nite out, by far one of the best in the north if not the country. The music is far superior to that played at Shindig and the atmosphere is 20x better! but at the same time I feel that It will always be in the shadow of Shindig as it never gets the same attention by the media (especially clubbing magazines) that Shindig gets like when it was voted top UK underground club. This is really strange as both nites are of a no shit (ie baja) variety and both can attract large crowds and big names!

I really must wonder if Shindig was on Fridays, and Promise on Saturdays if the situation would be the same!
  12. Yosef Ha'Kohain

I think it depends what magazine you read... if you read Muzik/MoS yes shindig will always be the daddy as they're aimed at a more funky/cool crowd... however I think the next time Mixmag visit promise it will get a very different reaction...

If mixmag were @ mauro/pvd cancellation/corvin/00 flemming/etc. do u honestly see it being a "tribal" club in the shaddow of shindig - i think not..... Shindig has a very established "cool" underground status... where as promise is just a baby and in my eyes only recently started finding its own two feet.

I've said it before and I'll say it again I think 2002 may be the year promise starts getting a little bit of recognition... we just need to find someway to entice mixmag back up nroth :D

But no I think promise is growing up and will soon be viewed as very different to Shindig... Look at babooshka, godskitchen and noccies... All three share Code, all three are massive and non of them are compared or in the others shaddow... I think this will be how promise and shindig are viewed in years too come :D

Viva the revolution :D
  13. Guest

indeed smart man :D :D :D
  14. miss_messy

RITE BEFORE U ALL START!

the chronicle were told NOT to represent promise by whoever was in charge at the time n were told to remove ALL logos n images to ensure this didnt happen.......so it aint their fault!

the pictures were meant to be generic...so they would tie in woth the story.
  15. Davy

Davy

tranceydj do i know you? just with me being from consett as well i thought i might. let me know mate!
  16. miss_messy

i never said otherwise mark...... i just look at the pictures anyway!!:)hehe!

im just sayin that the club pix were not suposed to be identifiable as bein in promise. from wot ive been told it was an organiser from either shindig or promise that told the chron to do this. i dont think it was ever meant to be a piece on promise alone, but on this bid for city of culture thing in 2008 and how newcastle is seen as THE party capital. i dont have owt to do with the chron anyway, im just stickin up 4 the photographer cuz hes a mate! lol :)

n yes, i agree with peeps-promise doesn't get as much press as it should!
  17. Guest

did'nt you say earlier that it mentioned club names in the article itself ?

if so it could have mentioned promise in there !
  18. miss_messy

it mentioned shindig, suprise suprise! but not promise......ur rite it shudda included promise, specially as the pix were taken in there.:rolleyes:
  19. TranceyDJ

TranceyDJ Registered User

Davy...dunno if I know you or not...I live down Barley Mill Road
  20. Simon Stuart

Simon Stuart Registered User

Needless to say, I knew nothing about this piece in the paper. When it comes to anything to do with clubbing in the Evening Chronicle I'm usually the last to know (and it's usually really hideously written).

I've been pretty vocal about the paper's support of the scene (or should that be lack of it) however, in the end, it's still end's up being me doing the damage limitation whenever they print stupid or negative copy.

I must say that I'm not surprised that they're are now trying to win favour by publishing an apparently flawed piece on clubbing, considering just how badly they judged the public mood during the Love Parade - don't get me started on that!.

Hopefully my position, as I've always maintained, will at the very least give some balance, if not change some attitudes. By the sound of it though, I just wish they'd asked me to do it. I may not be the biggest trainspotter in the world, but I know enough about the clubs up here to give a refective and balanced point of view.

On with the struggle...