DM029: Shandon Foley/Alex Dolby/Giorgio Roma [Discoteca]

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tom_Morgan, Sep 13, 2010.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Tom_Morgan

Tom_Morgan

DM029: Shandon Foley/Alex Dolby/Giorgio Roma [Discoteca]

[​IMG]

Beatport Link - https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276139/I Know You Can
    Promo video - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-L0EiEATQk"]YouTube - Shandon Foley - I Know You Can // Discoteca[/ame]

Discoteca maintain their policy of breaking new artists with the release of Shandon Foley - I Know You Can. Shrouded in mystery, only one thing is certain about the faceless duo: their production credentials. I Know You Can typifies the slow-motion sound house sound that is finding favour with so many DJs at the minute; bridging the gap between house and disco perfectly.

Providing the first of the remixes are none other than Alex Dolby & Giorgio Roma. The Italian duo have featured prominently in the label's roster recently, this is the first time their collective talents have been pooled however. The result is a more uptempo house cut with tribal overtones; staying true to the essence of the original, while adding an intensity that is reminiscent of their recent EP on Monique.

Off the back of signing a three track EP to Danny Howells' fantastic Dig Deeper imprint, Discoteca regular Vadim Yershov is steadily making a name for himself. Here, he's joined by regular collaborator balErik, as they turn in a stellar remix; straight-up house with a driving, funky edge.

Selected Feedback
    Danny Howells - Great release in all mixes, thanks!!!
    Nick Warren - Original mix is great.
    Hernan Cattano - Very good, all mixes work.
    Dave Seaman - Dolby & Giorgio works for me.
    Paul Thomas - Dolby mix is cool.
    Neil Quigley - Loving the original, good times.
    Tom Budden - Dolby & Roma remix for me, nice one. 2nd remix is great too!
    Carlo Lio - Dolby & Roma mix for me.
    Dosem - Great EP, Vadim remix is good.
    Roberto Rodriguez - Digging the original!
    Aldrin - Nice groove from Vadim & balErik.
    Taho - Sick house!
  2. 1615634792921.png