Ben Sims

Discussion in 'Music' started by Willa, Jul 28, 2009.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. Willa

Willa Registered User

Ben Sims

Any chance he will be playing back in newcastle in the near future?

There should be more real techno nights up here man.
  2. 1615634792921.png
  3. adam.

adam. kthxbi

whatever happened to Lube or Freaky man, quality technurrrr
  4. adam.

adam. kthxbi

first time i ever went 'proper' clubbing was Dave Clarke at Disco Noir, Foundation

/love
  5. MaGoo

MaGoo

Don't think I missed any of the Disco Noir nights at Foundation. All absolutely terp nertch!

Seen Ben Sims a fair few times as well. One of my favourite DJs. Would be corker to see him in Toon again. :tits:
  6. Willa

Willa Registered User

It would be good to see hooked back on the scene, and freaky :cool2:
  7. Phil Mitchell

Phil Mitchell check me a dollar brer?

Theres a blinding techno DJ booked up here for November :king:
  8. BRID

BRID Has name in red. Staff

Were you Mr Deakin in another life? ;)
  9. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

Hooked & Freaky had some quality guests on: Henrik B, Surgeon, Regis, cari lekebusch, DJ Murphy, Joris Voorn, Ben Simms. Shame nights like this dont pull up here as it's the only type of music that can quite easily listen to until the club kicks you out.
  10. Willa

Willa Registered User

Well i mentioned to you earlier in the year about a one off techno night, i enquired with the most of the best dj's about and after seeing prices didn't think it would be viable to do in town saying trance is more popular than techno and even that was struggling at the time. I still get emails every week from those booking agencies looking to get gigs in the UK, it seems there aren't alot of good techno nights booking overseas dj's this year(maybe minimal not the more full on stuff). I'd love to put one on, a long list of dj's i'd like to see up here but its finding funds and enough people interested that would be the problem imo...
  11. kaitechno

kaitechno

The day of the big name techno jock in Newcastle just isn't viable for the people who want to put these nights on nowadays. It's the age old problem of everything costs too much money and there's no decent venues to put these types of events on. There are plenty of really good lesser known Djs which a lot of the smaller promoters are putting on nowadays, not to mention loads of wicked home grown talent.
    The scene in Newcastle isn't what it used to be and the best thing I think people can do at the moment is to support these smaller nights. Everything has gone underground again and it's time for us to start enjoying more fresh and new things (in my humble opinion) :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:
  12. adam.

adam. kthxbi

regis and surgeon upstairs at evolve a few years ago was ablolutely blinding
  13. kaitechno

kaitechno

Dave Angel and Henrik B were my 2 favourite Hookeds by far
  14. Willa

Willa Registered User

Christian smith was wicked aswell :king:
  15. Willa

Willa Registered User

I agree with the lesser known dj's but there isn't a monthly techno event though is there? I know crispy has techno on but in the main its more minimal than wall to wall...
  16. chris l

chris l Jack!

I would say, if you want to see these kind of DJs again in Newcastle, get yourself along to the nights that are putting this kind of music on, support the music, not the names; then maybe when these nights have a crowd big and loyal enough to support these bookings, they'll book them.....

We had some really good djs play for us over the few years we were running Hooked monthly, but a combination of factors and ultimately the lack of large enough support for the music on a monthly basis means it's just not really viable for us at the moment, but you never know.......

Get yourselves down to Crispy in a week or so at the tyne, I'll be knocking out techno, and then at the after party there'll probably be some more action from us lot ;)
  17. kaitechno

kaitechno

Quite true. At the moment I think a lot of promoters are holding out for the summer until the students get back to try achieve numbers in their nights.
    I've never liked the term "minimal". I think that a lot of techno has become less frantic and a lot more groove based, which I'm all for. It might have something to do with age.
  18. adam.

adam. kthxbi

ill be there 100% anyway
  19. kaitechno

kaitechno

Dot on:king::king::king:
  20. Gary Proud

Gary Proud Registered User

Out of curiosity, how much is it roughly to book someone like Simms?
  21. Willa

Willa Registered User

If you listen to Sims's mixes these days they are the most groove based beats he's ever played but nothing like minimal, he came out last year and said he would never go down that route.

Dug out Kehso - Give it to me last night, tune!